At OKW now. Any questions?

E

eeyoresmom

If anyone has any questions, I am here now and will do my best to answer anything OKW or park related. I generally only go online twice a day though so please be patient :goodvibes Weather is perfect I can tell you that........

If possible, I would love to see photos of the pool now that they have taken out the little bridge and what is going on with Goods to Go. Thanks in advance!

I will ask DD to post some pics tomorrow. The changes are not very big though. Goods to Go looks exactly the same when you are facing it, but they added a " corridor" to the right with the rapid refill station, a mug wash station and a little extra counter space. This area exits right next to the door of community hall so the traffic flows a little better.

Considering a stay there, but have heard not so great things about the bus service to/from that particular resort. How is it? About how long to each park?

Thanks!

We'll be down there starting April 8th and it will be our first time staying at OKW. Don't have any particular questions but will be following the thread to see what you or anyone else has to say about it. Only 3 more weeks!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

bcuinohio said:
Have you taken the boat to DTD? If so, is it better than driving over there?

At this point, I think crawling the walking path on your knees to DTD would be better than trying to park there.

Considering a stay there, but have heard not so great things about the bus service to/from that particular resort. How is it? About how long to each park?

Thanks!

The bus service has been fine. We stay at many different resorts and the only ones I find frustrating is BW\ BC . I am surprised that the busses at park opening have been almost empty since we are staying near HH and are the last stop to be picked up. Like other large resorts, the bus ride within the resort itself can be kind of long if you are the first to be picked up or last to be dropped off. Since we are also last dropped off we get off at the first stop and walk the 2-3 minutes to our room. Better than the longer ride through the resort. Sorry about no pool pics, we had heavy rain all day yesterday. Will try today. Oh, BTW, if it rains, buy the Disney ponchos ( they are really good quality) and go to the parks. Magic Kingdom was almost empty when we returned at 5:30. We were tired and left early but everything we wanted to do was a walk on and we could have had front row "seats" anywhere along the parade route.Almost forgot, once we have left the resort, Epcot was 5 minutes, MK maybe 12ish? AK about 15. Heading to HS now. That should be quick.

Are the rooms nice? We are staying in a studio for a couple nights and wanted to know if they look better in person than the photos. I love the look of the resort itself but the rooms, not so much.

At this point, I think crawling the walking path on your knees to DTD would be better than trying to park there.

::yes::Based on our experience trying to park there early in the day on the "off" days of Monday or Tuesday, I think your description is pretty accurate.

Are the rooms nice? We are staying in a studio for a couple nights and wanted to know if they look better in person than the photos. I love the look of the resort itself but the rooms, not so much.

I think for most resorts the rooms look better in person that they do in pictures. I liked the original decor colors better than the new light blue studios, but it's OK. OKW is not "over the top" Disney-fied. OKW has the largest rooms in the DVC system,

You should be at the bar enjoying a turtle krawl not responding to us on here :hyper:

Are they still refurbishing buildings down turtle pond?

You should be at the bar enjoying a turtle krawl not responding to us on here :hyper:

But we need pictures of the bridge-less pool and the changes to Goods To Go!! :teeth: I can't find anything about them anywhere else. In fact eeyoresmom, if you are ever able to post some pics, I think you could have an internet exclusive!! ::yes::

What are the hours of operation for the boat that goes from OKW to DTD? Can't seem to find a definite answer on when it starts up every day. Thank you! :)

What are the hours of operation for the boat that goes from OKW to DTD? Can't seem to find a definite answer on when it starts up every day. Thank you! :)

Starts at 10am, weather permitting every 30 minutes until 4pm (2 boats operating)

4pm to 11:30pm every 20 minutes (3 boats operating)

DH wants to know if they have Powerade in the drink machine. I was told yes a few months ago but with the refurb he wants to be sure. Thanks!

I have looked and looked also and cannot find a pic of the pool without the bridge. I'd love to see one too.....:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter