At my favorite place during my favorite time of year ~Dec. 2013 TR~ Updated 3/29

Getting a lot accomplished! <Part 1>

While we waited for the boys....Callie had to have her picture taken...again!

After about 10 minutes of DH saying he's one place...and not being there :furious:...we finally found them.

We decided to go see if Ralph was doing a meet n greet right now...and luckily...they were!

We had to wait about 15 minutes...but it went pretty fast with them playing!

We did get some good pictures from it!

We let the kids play a little bit in this area...they kept fighting over who was going to color....:confused3 But they had fun!

Carson wanted to meet the Incredibles...but the line was way too long...so we skipped that and went to do our FP+ for the Star Wars ride. Callie and Marty did this last trip...and loved it. I haven't ridden this ride for like 10 years...and last trip Carson was bummed he wasn't tall enough...so I was hoping he liked this ride.

We had to wait about 10 minutes until we were loaded up.

Carson kind of took it all in!

Loving the glasses!

The ride was fun...Carson wasn't quite sure about it (wouldn't wear his glasses again) but at the end said it was ok!

Had to take a picture!

Callie has always wanted to get her face painted...and there was a booth right outside of Star Wars...so we let her get her face painted! She loved it! It turned out cute!

There was a little boy who kept following Carson around because he loved his shirt! It was cute!

The finished product!

One last pose!

Getting a lot accomplished! <Part 2>

After getting Callie's face painted, we decided to go meet some more characters. Phineas and Ferb's line was pretty long...so we bypassed that and went to meet Lighting McQueen and Mater! Even though they don't talk or interact...the kids always enjoy meeting them!

We went to go meet Mike and Sully...but the line was over an hour long and we didn't want to wait this long. Maybe next trip!

As we were leaving their area, I looked down and found a MB. I gave it to the nearest CM. I wonder if they are able to scan it to see who it belongs to and contact the owner? I know I would feel sick if I lost mine...so I hope the lady got it back!

We decided to let the kids play a little at Honey I Shrunk the Kid's play area! They ran around for like 10 min. but then they wanted to leave. While we were there, there was a crazy mom. She couldn't find her kid. Now, I too, have "misplaced" a child at Disney...but screaming and yelling at everyone isn't the way to solve it. The CM had told her numerous times that the little boy had to be in the play area because he was monitoring who was going out and never let a child out by himself...but she was still just yelling. Guess who heard his mom yelling and showed up about 1 minute later.....he was probably scared of going to her. I know I would be!! I tell you...you see some crazies at Disney!

We walked around for a bit...and of course...Callie had to pose! She had to stand by the golfer and took this picture for her Papa who golfs a lot!

It was finally now time for our TSM FP+!! It was for 1:15. As we made our way...I saw this long line....

Uh...I was like, "Is this the FP line?" I got a big, "YES!!" OMG...we were going to have to wait awhile! I think we did wait about 10 minutes before getting up to scan our MB...but we finally got through!

So excited to ride....

Carson rode with me...and Callie with DH! They had fun....no one did extra well...we tried!

We had to hurry...because we had a FP that ended at 2:00 and it was close to that. So...we went back out...waited in line...again...and rode again!

After this, we decided we needed to eat something. So we went back and ate at the quick service down by Tower of Terror. DH and I got a sandwich at the Pizza counter...and the kids shared chicken strips.

When we were done eating, we decided to leave. But not before finding a Photopass photographer!! And we found one....

We took the long way home!

After we left DHS, we weren't sure what to do. The kids were being good and Carson really wanted to ride the monorail...so we decided to take the long way home!!

We went and waited for the Friendship boat, and got off at the Beach Club. That is where we stayed the year before so it was nice to visit!

The kids played in the sand for a bit before we continued on.

We took the short walk to Epcot and walked through some of the countries. But not before getting a photo! (It was really starting to get warm, so I had to shed a layer!) Not sure what Carson is doing....

We enjoyed the nice stroll...and then I saw Joyful! A Gospel Christmas group!! I've always wanted to see them...so what a wonderful surprise to stumble upon them! They are awesome! We stopped and watched them for about 20 minutes! We took pictures and hung out!

Carson started to get antsy...so we decided to keep on moving. We were going to head out to hop on the monorail, but saw Spaceship Earth only had like a 5 minute wait...so we decided to do that. I'm glad we did, Carson said it is his new favorite ride!!

Kind of scary of DH!!

I could finally tell DS was feeling so much better!!

After we rode, we finally went to the monorail!! DS just couldn't wait!

He LOVED the ride! I really think he could ride it all day long! DD loved it also! I think she was doing a little pool dance....:scratchin

We took the monorail all the way to the Magic Kingdom...then got on the boat to take it back to the Wilderness. By the time we got back, it was a little before 5. I could tell Carson needed a nap....but we had Be Our Guest reservations at 7:20....what to do, what to do???

Be Our Guest, Be Our Guest, put our service to the test!

So I had scored a 7:20 BOG reservation! I was so excited to eat at this new restaurant. However, I knew Carson NEEDED a nap...and bad! I didn't really want to cancel...so I called to see if I could just change the reservation so just Callie and I would go for dinner! Luckily, we were able to do that! So us girls got ready, and headed out to eat with the Beast!!

Of course, Callie had to take some pictures!

We took the boat, but I feel it was a mistake. We had to wait for quite a bit...and then we took it over to Fort Wilderness. (We had never done that before). Callie thought it smelled by FW!

The captain was really funny and told Callie if she didn't have a ticket to ride, then she had to clean! So he gave her a rag to clean the rails! She thought it was funny!

After about a 30 minute ride (one of our longest) we hurried back to BOG! We put our name in, and they said they were running behind to go wait on the bridge. So off we went....

We had to wait about 15 minutes, and were finally called. Callie got to carry the candles to our table!

We got seated and ordered the lemonade with foam on top! Mmmm....good!

After ordering our meal (Callie got the noodles with grilled chicken, and I went with a steak with the macaroni) we decided to go take a tour of the castle!! It was just beautiful! We LOVED all the details!

We went back and our food was about ready. Callie loved her noodles with like a spaghetti sauce on them. She didn't eat the grilled chicken though. My steak was really, really salty. I'm not a complainer and I didn't complain, but the guy next to me said the exact same thing to his waiter. I only had a couple bites...a tad disappointed! The macaroni was good though as was the bread!! I'm glad that we went and saw the castle, but I think during our next trip, we'll try to have lunch there instead!

But our most favorite part...was getting to see the Beast!!! Callie had to show him her dress because Belle was on it!! He put his hand over his heart...it was cute!

As soon as we were leaving, I got a text from DH that he and DS had just entered the park. So we headed over to Tomorrowland to meet them! It was time to do some rides!!

Let's get our ride on!

We met DH and DS over in Tomorrowland. The first thing we did was go to the Carousel of Progress. In all my years of going to Disney...I have NEVER done this. I'm not sure why...but we all really liked it. We all thought it was a neat little show. Definitely something we will do next time. It's nice and relaxing!

When we came out of the show, the fireworks were going off...so we sat and watched them! Carson didn't like the noise but he thought they were pretty!

Next up was The People Mover! I've said it before...and I'll say it again...it is one of my favorites...especially at night!! So pretty! (I'm bummed though because I just heard for our upcoming June trip, it is going to be closed :sad1:)

When we got off of this, Callie and I had a FP for Space Mountain, and the boys had a FP for Buzz. So off we went! It's amazing how much Callie has come to love this ride! That's my girl! :lovestruc

When we got off Space Mountain, we went to get some food for Marty since he hadn't eaten dinner yet. While he was eating, we saw the Speedway had a low line...so off we went!

I let Carson drive...and I seriously about peed my pants! He was HORRIBLE!! We were jerking left and right...I thought we were going to jump the metal track! It was fun though!

I don't think DH had a smooth ride either!!

Once we finished driving/crashing! We decided to move on....

To be cont.....

Always do night EMH!

After riding the cars, we headed over to Fantasyland to ride Dumbo! Actually, the kids just like the play area! But I LOVE riding Dumbo at night....it is just so pretty!

When we got off of Dumbo...we decided to go do the Barnstormer. There was like a 10 minute wait...but we really only waited like 5! Carson liked it...but still said it hurt his belly!

Next up...the Tea Cups...always a favorite! Had to wait about 5 minutes!

We kept walking and decided to go do Journey of the Little Mermaid again! The kids think it's cute! There was no line...walked right on!

Callie's favorite...

Carson had to get his picture taken also...

Up next...the Carousel. Walked on again...

After this we needed a bathroom break, so we went to the new Tangled bathrooms! It is really such a pretty place! Not sure what Callie's deal was...but she doesn't seem happy here!

We had yet to do Aladdin's carpet ride...so after seeing hardly no line...off we went!

I remember the kids fighting on this because whoever did the up/down motion...wasn't doing it to the satisfaction of the other. :rolleyes1 I was like seriously!!

To be cont....

Always do night EMH (cont.)

Pirates of the Caribbean was up next! Love that ride!

When we finished this, we could tell the kids were getting tired. It was now close to 11...and we had been going since early that day! But I have to tell you...night EMH is always SO WORTH IT!! We always get so much more accomplished! What a fun night we had!

Before we headed out, we had one more mission...family pics in front of the Castle! This was one of my "Must do's" while on this trip.

Here they are....There are lots more...but I'll spare you!

Not sure (again) what Carson is doing!

We finally loaded the bus at around 11:15...we sat there for 15 minutes waiting for others...and in the end...we had the whole bus to ourselves!!!

We made it back and went straight to bed! Another busy day tomorrow!

WOW I love no lines!!!:banana: Looks like it was a great night. Those are really great pictures that you all took in front of the castle. Great update :thumbsup2

Oh my gosh...almost 2 months since I've posted!! I feel horrible!!!

But...I promise to complete this in the next 2 weeks! I'm a special education teacher...and I've had IEP meeting...after meeting...after meeting! I have one more left and end of the year stuff...but I'm finally getting "me" time back!

Oh...and planning for our girl's trip...less than 3 weeks!!!!

See you soon....I promise!!

I am really enjoying your trip report- I'm going the same time this year with dd9 and twin ds5 so it has been wonderful to see everything you guys did and pics of what the parks were like. I absolutely love your family pics in front of the castle at night- this is now a must do for my family on our trip. Thank you and can't wait to read the rest! Good luck with all the ieps ( I was a middle school science teacher before the twins- I know how crazy it is!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter