• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

At least one thing in WDW is a bargain

poohfriend77

DIS Veteran
We have been to museums or other tourist attractions in three different states this summer. Most of the pressed penny machines have been $1.01, instead of 51 cents, like at WDW.

My kids love collecting them, so I always have my M&M tube filled with quarters and pennies whenever we go somewhere "touristy." These last couple museums have totally thrown off my quarter-penny ratios! :rotfl:

I noticed this at the Smithsonian in DC this past week. LOL All the pressed penny machines were $1.01.

We have a penny press in our shop (Great Smoky Mountains)... Vendors pushed to raise to 1.01. Usually these machines are revenue-share - the vendor gets half, the retailer gets half.

I just noticed that today too. We were at the Marine Corp Museum in Quantico when DS4 decided he would like to get one. At first I was getting my quarters out and then realized the machine only takes $1 bills.

We were at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago on Saturday and my husband noticed the $1.01 price right away. He was like "No way, those are only 51 cents in Disney!"

Haven't seen any for $1.01 yet here in Kansas City area. Hope they stay at $.51. Smashed pennies are one our favorite souvenir items. Seems awfully expensive to pay a $1 to smash $.01.

Shhh. :ssst: If Disney hears this they might raise their prices too.
:scratchin Now, if you really like smashed pennies, you can do what we did when we were kids and put them on the railroad tracks and let a train smash them for free. :teacher:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter