At Kidani right now!!

omalley1118

DIS Veteran
WE arrived yesterday morning, and our room was ready by about 130. We have a ground floor Savannah view in the Pumba section. The room is a studio, which is a bit tight but we always stay in them. Now that the kids are 10 and 12, the rooms seem smaller...LOL! My only issue with the room is that it's half way down the hall. This is hard as I currently have a broken foot and am walking in a boot cast. The CM was very kind and apologetic. Oh well, way better than being up North in the cold...

Halloween was fun!' We didn't go to the party, but I heard from friends that it was terrific as always!! We went in 2010 and loved it!! We had dinner at Earl of Sandwich in DTD then came back to Kidani for the festivities. The kids got dressed in their costumes and went trick or treating in the hotel. There were 5 or 6 stops which was fun for the kids. The CMs were giving out hands full of candy, which of course the kids loved!!! Afterwards we watched The Nightmare Before Christmas poolside. This was adjacent to the pool bar, which I enjoyed!! Nicole makes a mean Mudslide!!!

All in all, we had a fabulous first day!!! I so love Kidani!!!

WE arrived yesterday morning, and our room was ready by about 130. We have a ground floor Savannah view in the Pumba section. The room is a studio, which is a bit tight but we always stay in them. Now that the kids are 10 and 12, the rooms seem smaller...LOL! My only issue with the room is that it's half way down the hall. This is hard as I currently have a broken foot and am walking in a boot cast. The CM was very kind and apologetic. Oh well, way better than being up North in the cold...

Halloween was fun!' We didn't go to the party, but I heard from friends that it was terrific as always!! We went in 2010 and loved it!! We had dinner at Earl of Sandwich in DTD then came back to Kidani for the festivities. The kids got dressed in their costumes and went trick or treating in the hotel. There were 5 or 6 stops which was fun for the kids. The CMs were giving out hands full of candy, which of course the kids loved!!! Afterwards we watched The Nightmare Before Christmas poolside. This was adjacent to the pool bar, which I enjoyed!! Nicole makes a mean Mudslide!!!

All in all, we had a fabulous first day!!! I so love Kidani!!!

Except for the longish walk, it all sounds wonderful! I saw and enjoyed The Nightmare before Christmas for the first time this year on the Disney Wonder!:thumbsup2

Sounds awesome! We have yet to stay at Kidani so I enjoy reading this and will look for updates :)

Sorry to hear about the boot cast. Between the parks and the long walk I can imagine how rough it is for you. Nice to know that they did have trick or treating for the children. Hope the rest of the trip is as good as the first day.

Sounds fun!! We are staying at Kidani for the first time in three weeks. Getting excited!

We'll be there in 3 weeks for a split stay, BWV, AK Jambo & AK Kidani. We have fallen in love with Kidani. We've been thinking of buying night vision binocular. It was fun watching the animals at night. Someday we will love a resort with short halls.

In Sept, we split stayed at: BLT, SSR, and Kidani.

Hands down, we liked Kidani best. Best theming, Savanna was awesome.

The only drawback was transportation. It was OK, about the same as SSR, but we had a rental and by the time we got to Kidani (last resort we stayed), we were driving to most places (used Disney transportation earlier in trip and kept car parked). So, even transportation didn't bother us at Kidani, but only because we were using our own.

We will be back at Kidani.

We stayed there for the first time in February. We are going back next week! Loved it so much... We took a day or two last trip just staying at the resort - so relaxing!

We stayed at Kidani in July a couple of years ago and also loved it.OKW is still my favorite.Still have many more resorts to stay before addonitis gets the better of me.So far we've stayed at SSR,OKW,BWV,and AKL.

DH & I have stayed at both Kidani & Jambo House. Our most recent stay at Jambo House was just a few weeks ago. We love both!

We plan to stay at one or the other next December. My dilemma is which one to choose! They each have their advantages. Maybe we should alternate stays and stay at Kidani next time.

WooooHoooo Glad to hear your first day was awesome at Kidani!
2 more days and I'll be there! Can't wait, can't believe it' here already (booked at the 11 month window) and can't wait to be home again.

We added on here because after a one night stay we just had to have it. It's still one of my two favorite resorts :cool1:

Have an awesome stay! Can I ask? How's the weather/temp?

Thanks

Hope your having a GREAT time cannot wait to get there!

Can anyone report back if the kids splash area by the pool has opened back up? Thank you Thank you

My family and I are staying at Kidani for our first time in December. Can't wait to see the decorations up. So excited!

I'm so excited as well. We arrive at Kidani for the 1st time in just over a week. The time can't go by fast enough. :goodvibes

I'm so excited about our stay in a 1 bedroom at Kidani in May!!!! I hope my famy is happy with my choice!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter