• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

At Grand Californian now, going on DVC tour tomorrow...

Dear OP,
Consider the numbers. I made a spreadsheet and calculated the costs of DVC vs typical 'Good Neighbor' hotels vs regular rooms @ Grand Californian.

I also took into account laundry costs (we come 1-2x/year for 4-5 days), restaurant costs, tax savings.

I projected these costs out to 50 yrs, including a very modest inflation rate. For us, it turned out buying DVC saves a little cash compared to staying at a comparable good neighbor hotel. It saves a lot comparing to a regular room @ the GC.

I also evaluated intangibles such as time saved by being on property, customer service to my family, perks etc that come by owning DVC @ DGC. I also like the flexibility of the DVC system... we used it for a week in Vegas at a very family friendly resort.... no nudity or thugs hanging around. Even choosing from a smaller room for just the 5 of us or getting larger rooms for when family will be staying with us makes it very convenient!

And. frankly speaking, there is no better place to stay than the GC... may as well save some money!

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter