At Disney now - while all the breakdowns?

:scared1: Does that happen very often? Now I KNOW I ain't gettin on it ha ha. :rotfl:

Sorry! I didn't mean to scare you. I couldn't really see underneath so I don't know exactly how it worked. It just wouldn't move forward or make the turn it was supposed to make so it sat there and all the other boats piled up behind it. It wasn't capsized or anything:rotfl2:

Keep in mind that breakdowns aren't always "breakdowns." Many rides need to stop to load or unload wheelchair Guests and others with special needs. Often, there are groups from Make-A-Wish or other charities / organizations who do trips that have several special needs guests in one group. If you happen to be following the same general touring path as such a group, it's possible that you just happened to overlap with them every time you were on a ride. Depending on the needs of the Guest, it can take as much as 10 minutes to safely unload someone (loading is usually quicker, for some reason).

:earsboy:

:thumbsup2 This! Especially if the ride is stopped for 5 minutes.... to me I'd think wheelchair.

Like I said, these were big, long, shoo-all-the-CM's-out-and-close-the-doors types of events. At one point, Splash was completely dry. They were definitely not stopping just to load wheelchairs. It was not anything we had experienced before, that's for sure! (The number of rides broken and the amount of time they were down each time.)

We encountered a few breakdowns when we were there two weeks ago. We stopped in a tunnel in Thunder Mountain and they came and got us out and took us out under the mountain. It was kind of cool.

We have been there the last three years. We just got back on Sat. from this years trip. We experienced more then what we thought was usual stoppages on rides. Also, the whole place is under construction. I knew they were working on things but wow it was seemed to be extra this year. There were tarps everywhere. I think they are getting everything ready for the opening of fantasy land next year. So the push is on. We still had fun but it was a bit distracting, not as awe inspiring, especially main street. :confused3

It was because you were there. Disney Corp had a meeting and your family was chosen to be the test subjects, ala Candid Camera Style. You were the research bunnies to determine just how many shut downs a normal family would endure before they tore off all their clothes and ran screaming down Main Street to exit the park.

At least that is the suggestion our teenager came up with when we had a spate of closings one Disney Day a few years ago.

It is nice to see that Disney Corp has decided to pick on another family besides mine.:rotfl2:

Keep in mind that breakdowns aren't always "breakdowns." Many rides need to stop to load or unload wheelchair Guests and others with special needs. Often, there are groups from Make-A-Wish or other charities / organizations who do trips that have several special needs guests in one group. If you happen to be following the same general touring path as such a group, it's possible that you just happened to overlap with them every time you were on a ride. Depending on the needs of the Guest, it can take as much as 10 minutes to safely unload someone (loading is usually quicker, for some reason).

:earsboy:

Ayup. This is a major cause of slowdowns/stoppages. That and people trying to get out of their ride vehicles.

Beyond that though, longer shutdowns/outages? Blame management. The consensus seems to be that WDW management didn't like closing attractions. Because guests complain. No matter when they schedule rehabs for, people complain. "It is our once in a lifetime trip and Splash was closed." And putting off rehabs causes for stuff to break down and fall apart. They seem to have finally realized it judging by the copious rehabs that have been happening lately. But until they get back on a regular rehab schedule, stuff will continue to break down constantly.

This is our 7th trip since 2007 and we have never experienced so many breakdowns - usually only for a max of 5 minutes but Rockin Roller Coaster and Space Mnt were down 15 minutes. We have had it happen so far on Splash Mnt, Space Mnt, Thunder Mnt, Rockin Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror and Pirates too.
Any insights of what the problem is?
Hope Disney can fix this soon!

markar92

DVC owners since 2008.
At Bay Lake Tower right now!!!

How easily everyone forgets all the staff layoffs about 18 months ago.

Some of those were maintenance people.

Heck, a couple of months ago someone here said the monorails (normally replaced at the 20 year point) are going to stay for another 10 years. I bet they will be fun after 30 years of service!!!!! We stopped riding because it seemed there was always a problem when we rode. Now we park in our little handicapped space and I drive my scooter right onto the ferry for a lovely ferry ride!

Budget cuts. These rides are not new..... they are used hard......stuff happens........don't even get me started with Disco Betty the Yeti!!!!

We've been here since Sat. There have definitely been lots of breakdowns. Space Mountain was closed for hours one day Can't remember which day that was. We rode the PM twice that day and the lights were on both times. Same day the PM and the escalators going up to it kept breaking down. We also had a 10 minute breakdown in the Haunted Mansion. We were there when the Test Track was stopped for about 10 minutes. That happened shortly after we got off. I was so thankful it didn't happen when I was on it. I would have freaked out. And we heard someone saying they were Stuck in Splash Mountain.

We've been here since Sat. There have definitely been lots of breakdowns. Space Mountain was closed for hours one day Can't remember which day that was. We rode the PM twice that day and the lights were on both times. Same day the PM and the escalators going up to it kept breaking down. We also had a 10 minute breakdown in the Haunted Mansion. We were there when the Test Track was stopped for about 10 minutes. That happened shortly after we got off. I was so thankful it didn't happen when I was on it. I would have freaked out. And we heard someone saying they were Stuck in Splash Mountain.

LOL... I bet it was me:rotfl: I posted earlier about being stuck on Splash Mountain. :rotfl:

We were stuck on Splash Mountain for about half an hour and just as it happened, my daughter decided she needed to use the bathroom very badly! You should have seen how fast she ran to the bthroom when we got off!

Not a ride of course but a few nights ago the globe in Illuminations didn't light up at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter