• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

At DHS EMH [Sunday 8/4] & won’t get a single ride in...

I hear people having a lot of success with the late arrival/stay until closing plan. Now that my kids are finally getting older, I might start trying this some of the days. Especially when the previous day was an early wake up day!
Kind of what we do, we "arrive late" meaning we're at the parking lot at the park opening time (avoiding parks with EMH). Not sure on early morning magic, does that affect things as much as emh? And we stay until closing

No EMH this AM. We arrived at 7:50 for 9:00 open. This is 8:55 behind us. We were 100 people deep. When we started moving people cutting everywhere. Line ended at TSMM area for SDD when we arrived & FP are already active. We have at least 45 min wait to ride. Posted 95 min wait. So done with this park.
438D7A9E-06C8-4C91-ACBC-F13F2508E86E.jpeg

Why is rope dropping so bad in HS? I've rope dropped in AK for FoP and yea a lot of people, but nothing this bad.

No EMH this AM. We arrived at 7:50 for 9:00 open. This is 8:55 behind us. We were 100 people deep. When we started moving people cutting everywhere. Line ended at TSMM area for SDD when we arrived & FP are already active. We have at least 45 min wait to ride. Posted 95 min wait. So done with this park.
View attachment 423383

It's amazing people don't get hurt.

Security lines were very bad last week as well, even mid day. The number of Security lines are reduced at times during the day, just like ride capacity. And it’s a lot hotter after 11 am when you are waiting in full sun at bag check.

We were lucky though as I was able to get fast passes for Slinky dog at 60 days since we were onsite. We returned to HS in the evening once and lines were still long for Slinky dog less than an hour before close. Evening rain didn’t improve the situation. I think more people were riding it since TOT had reduced capacity. Lines less than an hour back in early February were much lower, from my observation.

Wow, I hope you get to ride and your boys take away positive memories. I guess it's bad there because there really aren't that many attractions right now. Our dilemma in September is whether to do SWGE or TSL first. I will get there with park opening but if I could be up front I would. I'm not going to push or be pushed. I would rather wait in a long line than act the way some people do to get to the front. Fast walk, sure, but running and pushing, no. That happened to my son and DIL at Frozen on their last trip. They had an 8 am Akershus ADR, were at the queue before opening, and by the time they were pushed and shoved they ended up with a 50 minute wait.

Security lines were very bad last week as well, even mid day. The number of Security lines are reduced at times during the day, just like ride capacity. And it’s a lot hotter after 11 am when you are waiting in full sun at bag check.

We were lucky though as I was able to get fast passes for Slinky dog at 60 days since we were onsite. We returned to HS in the evening once and lines were still long for Slinky dog less than an hour before close. Evening rain didn’t improve the situation. I think more people were riding it since TOT had reduced capacity. Lines less than an hour back in early February were much lower, from my observation.

The ToT refurb has had such a negative impact on HS. I know it had to be done, but what a mess.

Wow, I hope you get to ride and your boys take away positive memories. I guess it's bad there because there really aren't that many attractions right now. Our dilemma in September is whether to do SWGE or TSL first. I will get there with park opening but if I could be up front I would. I'm not going to push or be pushed. I would rather wait in a long line than act the way some people do to get to the front. Fast walk, sure, but running and pushing, no. That happened to my son and DIL at Frozen on their last trip. They had an 8 am Akershus ADR, were at the queue before opening, and by the time they were pushed and shoved they ended up with a 50 minute wait.
It’s all the bottlenecks going back to TSL - they’re multiple. We waited 1 hr for RD. 40 mins to ride. Could have arrived at 9:00 and did SB with a similar wait time.

I don’t want to be pushed around or knocked into either. I think that behavior is atrocious and the CM’s have no ability or authority ( not sure which) to try to manage it. Maybe I am wrong but the need for security doesn’t end at park entrance.

I haven't done RD at HS since December 2015. We accidentally got there right at opening and walked on RnR. Park was so calm and relaxed. Those days are gone.

I don't know what the heck we are going to do in November. I'm scared. lol.

We are going down Aug 17th and leaving a few days before SWGE opens. At first we were disappointed and the more I read the more I am actually ok with missing the madness that will be HS with an open Star Wars Land. Hopefully things lighten up a bit with all the southern schools being back in session.

HS has so little actual rides right now. The shows don’t start until later in the day. So majority of people in the morning are going to Slinky with a smaller group over to ToT Rockin Roller Coaster. Muppets and Star Tours probably had shorter lines. ToT is also at reduced capacity now. I found going in the evening is better at HS. Fantastmic and the Fireworks are going to drawl people away from lines plus it’s much nicer at night instead of baking in sun.

Whenever we stay in the Epcot resort area we always walk to Epcot and DHS, that way we can control exactly when we arrive and aren't reliant on any form of Disney transportation. I know it's too little too late for this time, but had you just walked to the park instead of to the boat dock and then waited you would probably have been at the front of the rope drop crowd and gotten in at least 1 if not 2 rides before official opening. However, i do certainly agree that getting on any ride at all during EMH should not be impossible using disney transportation, and that it's ridiculous that EMH are that busy. We haven't been to a rope drop in quite a long time, the only early mornings we have done in a couple of years are EMM, and reading posts like this makes me think we aren't missing anything. I guess those magic 2 hours after park opening to get tons of rides in don't exist anymore.

At HS as well and arrived around 7:50 with no bags so I had much better luck getting to Slinky Dog. We were in and out in under 49 minutes and then did Alien Saucers with a 35 minute wait which took us to our first fast pass for TSM at 9:15. After TSM, we were done Toy Story Land and then headed to Rock'n'Rollercoaster and got something to eat while waiting for our FP. The timing has all worked well and now we are waiting for our last FP at ToT in a half hour. So I think we did pretty well this morning.

Is there a separate line if no bag? What if we just have a cellphone?

Is there a separate line if no bag? What if we just have a cellphone?
Yep, each park has a no bag line and you can have your phone in the no bag line. My hubby and I only use this line every trip and I wouldn't even call it a line because when we go in May there has never been a line in the no bag line. Just walk right through with your phone in hand or in your pocket, but if its a big phone they may ask to see what is in your pocket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter