At Chef Mickeys now - have question!

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by SafariTigger, Jun 30, 2013.

1. SafariTigger

SafariTigger Mouseketeer

We drove from BWV and parked at CR for Chef Mickeys - can I leave my car here and take monorail to MK? Plan on staying all day.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. christineangel

christineangel Disney Bride 5-31-05

4. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Only if you used valet parking. If you didn't valet park, you have a 3 hour parking limit.

5. SafariTigger

SafariTigger Mouseketeer

Saw your responses too late - DH had already decided that we should hop on the monorail - we stayed at MK until about 7:30 pm and then took a monorail back to the CR. Had no problem at all with leaving car in self parking. Luckily it worked out just as we had hoped!

6. Hopefully

Hopefully DIS Veteran

It didn't work out quite so well for the couple paying hundreds of dollars a night to stay at the CR who came back to the hotel after breakfast out and couldn't find a place to park, since the lot was full from folks parking there and going to the MK on the Monorail!!!!

7. wdwrich

wdwrich DIS Veteran

You were lucky. DW and I have personally seen vehicles being towed from both the CR and Poly lots.

8. capegirl

capegirl DIS Veteran

You are in a no win situation here. The Disney police didn't get you, but the DIS police will.:rotfl2:

9. cymbaldiva

cymbaldiva DIS Veteran

Your profile says you've been DVC members since 02 - I really would have thought that you'd know that this isn't allowed.

10. sephorachick

sephorachick DIS Veteran

popcorn:: I'm with you capegirl

11. tinkerbella16

tinkerbella16 DIS Veteran

Oh my! This just cracked me up! :rotfl:popcorn::

12. buckeev

buckeev RedNeck Mouseketeer

Maybe we can turn them in....MouseCrimeStoppers! :rolleyes:

But it's true, you definitely dodged a MAJOR "bullet" ! Live and learn. Have a great trip!

13. nugov2

nugov2 DIS Veteran

I saw that couple cruising the lot....they found a spot so it's all good:thumbsup2

14. Disney_Princess83

Disney_Princess83 DIS Veteran

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

15. slug

slug DIS Veteran

Nice!! Good for you.

16. martinezmom3

martinezmom3 Mouseketeer

This just cracked me up! These Dis boards read more dramatically than the stuff I read in college literature! OP, hope you have a great trip! :)

17. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

Omg so right & so ridiculous!!!

Oh & pls the CR parking lot is HUGE! We stay CR, POLY & GF & I don't have a problem with finding parking ever.

My only issue has been pool hoppers that's it..

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013

18. spruce

spruce DIS Veteran

I guess the guard didn't give you a 3 hour pass. Security should be trained better. Glad you weren't towed.

19. wdwrich

wdwrich DIS Veteran

Guess you were either lucky or staying at a less busy time. We've stayed at both Poly and CR and there have definitely been times when it was difficult to find a spot.

20. bwang123

bwang123 Posts: 1,457,177,981

If the guard lets you in and doesn't say anything about a 3 hour policy then I don't see anything wrong. They must have not cared for some reason (lazy, lot not expected to be full, etc.). Obviously the OP didn't know or they wouldn't have asked here.

HOnestly, I only knew about the rule from reading on here. One trip, we wanted to walk around the Boardwalk and eat (no reservation) and just told the guard we wanted to eat and browse. He let us through and did not say anything. If we would have been towed, that would have been ridiculous because it is not indicated anywhere at entry and was not explained to us about this rule.

Maybe the guards are informed not to always enforce it under certain circumstances. If you intentionally lie to avoid parking fees than thats on you but they went to a reservation.

21. princessallegra

princessallegra They call me Mrs. Disney

We've never been told of any 3 hr policy ever. Maybe it's because we stay on property and have our resort parking pass? Whenever we go to another resort for dinner or whatever the reason we show our ID and are waved in to self parking. No mention of anything else.