• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

At Bonnet Creek Right Now

rileyroosmom

DIS Veteran
We checked in yesterday. I love this place! I have always stayed on site but I have to say I don't think I will ever return. Booked though Vacation Strategies a 2 br deluxe and paid $650 for 7 nights. We are in Tower 1 lake view and I see the Epcot ball from the balcony where I'm sitting typing this listening to music from pool (can't hear anything from outside inside the unit). The unit is so nice and soooo big! Here with my fiance and my 2 kids, 11 and 15. They are sharing a room, each with their own bed, we have the master with a king. The master bathroom is huge! The jacuzzi tub is huge and deep and the shower is big, glass doors, no shower curtain sticking to you like in a hotel. Love the 2 sinks, one outside the shower/toilet, very convenient for getting ready. Three flat screen tvs, no fighting! Great kitchen with lots of appliances. I'm not cooking, but so nice to have fridge for drinks, micro for popcorn etc. Balcony is huge with 4 chairs and 2 small tables. We swam yesterday and it was great to throw the towels in the dryer afterwards. We have no complaints at all. My kids were disappointed we weren't onsite, but once we arrived, they were in awe and also agreed to only staying here.
Checked in at 1:30, room wasn't ready but got the call within the hour. Picked up keys and was never told to go to get parking pass. Unplugged phones when we got in room and no one has bothered us. Staff friendly. Lots of activities for kids, face painting and ice cream.
Last night drove to Poly for Ohana dinner. Quick ride, 10 mins maybe. Rode the monorail and checked out resort Christmas decorations. After dinner sat on the beach (sooo cold!) and watched Wishes next to a speaker to hear the music. Took the boat to Magic Kingdom and stayed till 1 am closing. This morning went to Studios, 4 mins. Took a break this afternoon, everyone is napping right now. Going back tonight for Fantasmic and Osborne lights. Was given a bus schedule. Looked at it, but decided against it as didn't want to be tied to a certain pick up time.
Really enjoying our stay so far. Wish is was a little warmer to use the pools but it's so nice not to be sweating in the parks.

We too love BC. We are DVC owners, as well as Wyndham. We have rented out our Disney point over the past few years in preference to stay at Bonnet. Enjoy your stay:thumbsup2

Glad you are having a good time. My grandkids can't wait to go back to WBC in January!

Thanks for your review! I'll be at WDW next summer, just me and 2 15YO girls and 2 16YO boys. I really think we'd be most comfortable somewhere like Bonnet Creek with some space, plus I need to have 2 separate bedrooms, for obvious reasons. My only hesitation is the transportation, as it would be really nice if they could just hop the bus if we want to split up (as I expect we will). How often do the busses run?
TIA!!

Starting around 8am run about every half hour until 12:30 then another at 2:45 then 4:45, 5:45, 6:45 and 7:45pm
Returning from park (this is for MK) 12:15, 2:20, 3, 5, 6, 7 7:20, 7:40, 8, 8:20, 8:40, 9, 9:20, 9:40, 10, 10:20, 10:40, 11, 11:20 and 11:40

I haven't used the buses, but I do see lots of people at the bus stop. Don't know where it drops you at the park.

Don't know where it drops you at the park.

where all the offsite hotels stop - you will have a much further walk.

the only one where it would make a big difference is the MK - the bus stop will be at TTC - over in the bus area - going into ttc it is to the right - coming off the monorail it is to the left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter