AT BCV's now and NOT HAPPY!!!!

We have stayed at BCV many times as it is our home resort. We never make a room request. We have had rooms on the first floor, 4th floor, pool view, road view. We have never been bothered by the road noise. In fact I have read complaints about this noise on these boards in the past, so we were concerned about this room assignment, but with the doors closed, we never heard it. We liked the first floor because of no waiting for the elevators. We liked the 4th floor because we could see the fireworks. We liked the end of the hall because it was handy to parking and bus stops. And of course we liked the rooms closer to the lobby for obvious reasons. We have stayed at the other DVC resorts and often had great views. But as far as we are concerned, because of the proximity to EPCOT and everything else within walking distance in the EPCOT resort area, we consider every room at BCV to be a good location. On another note, we were at BCV last week (8th to 13th). Our room was in perfect condition. We were concerned about this because of the busy time of year. We did not see one bag of garbage or room service tray in the hallway during our entire stay. However, we have had stays in the past with maintenance and housekeeping issues and have been really disturbed by all of the trash bags left out in the hall on other trips.

You should not be complaining, there are a billion people in this world who would love to stay at the BCV but can not. Just getting water and food is a day long endeavor. We are spoiled rotten, shame on us.

DVCJones...I luv your attitude :rotfl2: I'm a balcony person...I'm good to go if I can sit on the patio/ balcony every morning and evening in peace...don't need a view, and prefer not ground level... I bought BCV for the POOL and EPCOT....obviously we can't all get the perfect room!:yay:

OK - help me out here, please. Why are there all these problems in the villas? We are DVC owners, we care for our own homes, we live in them daily, we are not missing burners or refrigerator shelves, or door knobs... why are the villas in this condition? I understand a bump here or a little accident there, but these things sound like they're in really bad condition (I just read about Bay Lake in another thread). What are people doing in these rooms?!? And WHY? Don't they know it's only going to cost us more (and upset people who get assigned these rooms and have it ruin their vacation)? Maybe I'm naive, but after decades of travel in upscale hotels and now DVC, we have never dented, bumped, stolen, or broken anything in a room no matter how long we stayed there. :confused3

OK - help me out here, please. Why are there all these problems in the villas? We are DVC owners, we care for our own homes, we live in them daily, we are not missing burners or refrigerator shelves, or door knobs... why are the villas in this condition? I understand a bump here or a little accident there, but these things sound like they're in really bad condition (I just read about Bay Lake in another thread). What are people doing in these rooms?!? And WHY? Don't they know it's only going to cost us more (and upset people who get assigned these rooms and have it ruin their vacation)? Maybe I'm naive, but after decades of travel in upscale hotels and now DVC, we have never dented, bumped, stolen, or broken anything in a room no matter how long we stayed there. :confused3
Because alot of people are not what you expect them to be. They let their kids run wild, they smoke in the Villas, they are slobs. I imagine these people do not even take good care of their own homes and are probably worse on vacation.

OP here again .... we ar having a fabulous vacation despite the issues with the villa. We have reported the problems with this villa to maintenance, so if they get to it during our visit, that is good, but if they don't it won't ruin our vacation. We just want it nice for whoever is here next. Our view of trees is like living at home, which is nice for us. Stormalong Bay is OPEN which is better than what we expected. Overall we won't let the problems of the first day ruin our vacation.

To somebody who commented earlier, there were trays in the hall last night and they are still there this am in front of some of the rooms. I haven't seen any garbage in the halls yet. Some people just don't care about keeping these places nice as PP said.

I do not think you should be charged to move rooms in your position- where things are broken and in bad condition. I would be upset too. :upsidedow

I'm not sure how I'd feel if I owned DVC, but a two bedroom villa at BCV starts at something like $500 a night and gets a lot more than that at times. If I pay that much for a room, you at least should expect a clean room, with most things working. The damage you describe on your room sounds a lot worse than wear and tear. I would be angry if I had paid that much and gotten a room like that. So I think, if the villa is not up to an acceptable standard (things broken, damaged walls, etc) I think you should be moved for free. Fair enough not at a 2 star motel but at a deluxe villa resort, where you are paying a fortune to stay (although I know it is different for DVC members) you should expect things to be very nice. :)

We stayed at SSR in August and the villa was lovely. The only thing that showed wear in places was the carpet. Would love to stay at BCV... but now I am more in favour of BWV. BCV does sound lovely but I had no idea it had issues like this. :rolleyes1

OP here again ......today we had trash and towel service. We had already taken out the trash. They left new towels, but no soaps and no dishwasher soap. the dishwasher was full and needed a wash so we could have new dishes. Called housekeeping and asked for more dishwasher soap. Waited 3 hours and nobody brought any more. Went down to the front desk on the way to the movie on the beach and they called housekeeping to report the request also. The front desk gave us one package. Got back to our room at 10:30 and still no delivery of dishwasher soap, so we were glad the front desk gave us one to run the dishwasher at this time of night. Hopefully they will give us some more tomorrow! I guess maybe we will have to resort to hand washing dishes if this keeps up. The one thing we like about DVC is having a dishwasher for a change, as we don't have one at home.

I'm currently at BCV and have the road view. I love/hate my room. With my door closed I have a perfect room. Everything is near perfect, maybe a drippy tub facet. I have a great housekeeper. I have so many towels they are piling up. However, I cant use my balcony. The noise from the road is so loud I can't sit out there without feeling like I am on an interstate. I can hear the traffic with the door closed early in the morning. I love sitting on the balcony, so I don't get this perk. I did request a pool view. I am near the quiet elevator, so love that. Down the hall from trash/ice, which is great. So I can't have everythng. We try to find the great things about our room, especially since we are here for 17 days. Normally we like to sit outside in the morning and have our coffee, but not this trip. If I had not stayed in this room, I would've never guessed the noise could be this loud. I wonder why they didn't make this section standard view as it does remind me of the driveway view of BWV, but worse. This is the third time I requested pool view at BCV and didn't get it. Oh well, off to the AK this morning. The WIFI is actually working better this morning. :thumbsup2

I'm currently at BCV and have the road view. I love/hate my room. With my door closed I have a perfect room. Everything is near perfect, maybe a drippy tub facet. I have a great housekeeper. I have so many towels they are piling up. However, I cant use my balcony. The noise from the road is so loud I can't sit out there without feeling like I am on an interstate. I can hear the traffic with the door closed early in the morning. I love sitting on the balcony, so I don't get this perk. I did request a pool view. I am near the quiet elevator, so love that. Down the hall from trash/ice, which is great. So I can't have everythng. We try to find the great things about our room, especially since we are here for 17 days. Normally we like to sit outside in the morning and have our coffee, but not this trip. If I had not stayed in this room, I would've never guessed the noise could be this loud. I wonder why they didn't make this section standard view as it does remind me of the driveway view of BWV, but worse. This is the third time I requested pool view at BCV and didn't get it. Oh well, off to the AK this morning. The WIFI is actually working better this morning. :thumbsup2

I am jealous, I would love to be off to AK today, instead I am off to do more laundry!

I am jealous, I would love to be off to AK today, instead I am off to do more laundry!

LOL, I have laundry to do too! (24 day trip!). Laying by the quiet pool at BCV and doing laundry is a little less painful though!

Have stayed at BCV a few times and never made a request for us or for my son's stays. Last time we just wanted three studios near each other - and it was granted.

I had to go and look at the 2BDR we had almost four years ago when we celebrated my daughter's 16th birthday with three of her friends and my sister - hubby stayed home for this trip.

The noise during the day was not too bad from our balcony and inside it really was not bad - you are moving around, showering, talking and awake as many of us are during the day. BUT night time, was another story. We had the end or close to the end villa on the 4th floor - room 452. We had the dumpsters and the entry/garage right by us where trucks were coming in and out all night. Very, very noisy. The smooth bus noise does not bother me, it actually reminds me that I am on vacation just like the sound of the AC. Crazy. I don't sleep well, don't sleep, wake up and don't fall back to sleep so this was bad for me. It did not bother my sister much since she can sleep and not much wakes her. I remember thinking each night, I can't do this another night but I did put up with it. Maybe I should have complained - but for what - move all of us (6 people) for my comfort. Did not bother. Everything else was perfect. I am sure someone has to get each room and I am sure that even a brand new villa is not and will never be perfect.

I do think a room should be clean and in working order. Some other things what I can't put up with someone else might, etc. views, walking distance to something, etc.

I hope the OP had a great vacation and the inconveniences will soon be forgotten.

I had to go and look at the map - because I do remember seeing the trucks and the noise seemed to be coming from behind the wall - it is the last villa at the end (could not remember if it was the last or next to the last). I can't imagine the ones lower (or the villas next to that entrance). Oh well!

We stayed at OKW last October and there was a fire in the room next door to us which resulted in a bunch of folks entering our room to be sure all was okay in there. Because the smoke smell was so strong, they moved all of our stuff away from the wall we shared with the other room and left the patio door open to air things out. We got to the room to find all of our belongings moved into one large pile and the patio door open with no note and no message on our in room phone. Our first response was panic and thinking the room had somehow been broken into.

We headed down to the front desk where the manager on duty explained what had happened and INSISTED that she had called us and left a message. None of the three adults in our party had either a missed call or a message from anyone at OKW on our phones. When we returned home, we discovered they did leave a message on our home phone the day AFTER the incident making sure that our new room (where they moved us to get away from the smoke smell) was satisfactory. The resorts do seem to have an issue with the cell versus home phone thing which really shouldn't be that tough.

After returning home, MS was also able to determine that they didn't call us at ANY number to alert us to the original situation despite the insistence of the manager at the front desk that night.
Just noticed your post about the fire at OKW in October.
Unless there was more than one fire at OKW in October, we were there then.

I've been a member since 2005 at SSR and have stayed in a few different resorts... must say I've had maybe 1 issue with the room and they have accommodated me without hassle... was hoping to try BCV, but am kinda resistant now - I will check it out when I go in a couple weeks to see for myself what it's like - thanks for the info :cutie:

So I can't have everythng. We try to find the great things about our room, especially since we are here for 17 days. Normally we like to sit outside in the morning and have our coffee, but not this trip. If I had not stayed in this room, I would've never guessed the noise could be this loud.

Since you will be there for so long, I would ask the Front Desk if you can change rooms.

:earsboy: Bill

OP here: We did have a lovely vacation overall. The weather was perfect, we were witness to a "Magical Moment" on our last night at Epcot, wireless internet worked great, Stormalong Bay was open. The weather driving home on April 22nd was horrible with driving rain for 12 hours. Slowed us down a lot, but we arrived home safely.

The overall staff at BCV's was terrific ........ except for housekeeping. Never did get the dishwasher soap, never got more than 2 large bath towels (there are 4 of us), never got any of the shampoo, conditioner or shower gel, light over the stove was never fixed. So, they could really improve in the housekeeping/maintenance area from our experience.

Our next trip in October we are staying off-site, so our next DVC visit probably won't be until late 2013 or early 2014. We're banking the rest of our points and saving up for possibly a stay at BLT followed by BWV's.

Since you will be there for so long, I would ask the Front Desk if you can change rooms.

:earsboy: Bill

We considered it and was willing to pay, but the positives do outweigh the negatives. The only negative is the noise from the road. It's so loud at times I have to shut the door to hear my phone call home recently.

I do have a great location in terms of elevators and a great housekeeper. We needed extra plates and a larger coffee pot and it came in less than 5 minutes after calling. Since we were in a 1 bedroom and moved to a studio, which was connected to the one bedroom when the family was here and we had a 2 bedroom then, we washed up our towels/washclothes before moving (the move was easy as we just shifted stuff to the studio and no packing at all. Since we are here so long we have 2 full cleanings and 2 T&T. We actually switched our first full cleaning on day 4 and it worked perfectly (first time ever). Since we had a pile of towels (8+) and at least 15 washclothes we didn't think the housekeeper would leave more, but they did. It's only 2 of us and tomorrow is another full cleaning for us. We are off to MK today. It's so hot here and even with sunscreen I actually got a little too much sun yesterday. We had to buy more sunscreen yesterday at Walmart as we are going through it like crazy.

OP, hope your trip gets better! Did you make any room request when booking? Just curious. I always do and while they are not always honored, it does make me feel better that I at least try to make a request. I think I run about 50% of getting my request. At the BCV, my fear is being in a room near the outside smoking section. We arrive at the BCV next Thursday and while I did make a location request, I always get a little nervous because I'll be there for 16 nights and want to like my room. I would have no problem paying the change room fee if I hate my room and knew I could get a room I enjoy more, esp. for the length of my trip. I did read that SAB is openning back up as we speak, so hopefully things will get better.

We have stayed several times at BCV and the only request I ever make is "close to the elevator." We have had the courtyard view and the pool view, but never the road view or the far side woods view. All the rooms have been fine with us. The one I liked the least was the handicap room but we lived with it. As others have said, someone has to get the less than desirable rooms. Personally, I don't think I'd have a problem with the road view rooms. We aren't in the rooms all that much as we are in the parks. And noise really doesn't bother me from cars, buses, etc. It is kind of like white noise in the background.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter