• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

At Bay Lake Tower now

Goldbergd

Earning My Ears
I switched from a magic kingdom room to a lake view room a couple of months ago and I'm glad i did. Our room is on the 14th floor in the north side so we can see epcot in the distance. We also have a great view of the pool and the electrical pageant.

Last night was our first night and at 9 we watched the epcot fireworks in the distance then walked to the elevator bank and watched the magic kingdom fireworks from there and went back to our room to watch the electrical pageant. For the ten minutes to watch the MK fireworks it's not worth the extra points or $$$. Just my opinion.

We went to MK from about 5:30 to 8:30 and was amazed at how empty it was. Longest wait was 15 minutes.

We have stayed in both LV and MK as well and pretty much agree that spending the points for MK view isn't really worth it. We stayed on the 11th floor with a LV on the North side outer and had a great view of the Magic Kingdom. Our MK room was on the 10th floor and we were on the South side. Both rooms required you to go out on the balcony in order to see the Magic Kingdom. If you can get a LV North side outer room you get the best of both worlds.

One of the cleverest moves DVC ever made was deciding to set point differences for "views". It eliminates much of the jostling/maneuvering for so-called prime view locations by simply saying, "if you want it, pay for it". Many DVC members have since decided that views aren't really all that important after all.

Nice job, DVC!

You are right. The Bay Lake views are underrated. It is a very quiet, peaceful view and you are not overlooking the parking lot.

Enjoy your stay. :cool1:

Robert

My hubby and I stayed in a LV room at BLT last Sept and could see Epcot, AK, DHS, and Downtown Disney in the distance. You have to know what to look for in each of the parks to see them, but it was fantastic. We could see the fireworks at Epcot too! We're staying again this Sept and hoping we will have as good of a view. I would definitely suggest LV to anyone staying there!

the outside ring - agree - LV is a great choice.

but the inside where you are basically looking across at each other - no - the extra points for LV are not worth this view - give me standard.

they should have divided this one too.

We stayed for 9 days late May to early June, on the 14th floor rooms facing out. They had a great view of Bay Lake and we could watch the MK fireworks from the balconies.:cool1:

My hubby and I stayed in a LV room at BLT last Sept and could see Epcot, AK, DHS, and Downtown Disney in the distance. You have to know what to look for in each of the parks to see them, but it was fantastic. We could see the fireworks at Epcot too! We're staying again this Sept and hoping we will have as good of a view. I would definitely suggest LV to anyone staying there!

We had that view in December and loved it.

We are staying MK view in October. Hoping for the best, but it will be hard to beat the outer C views. If they ever make the outer C a separate booking category (similar to BWV's Boardwalk view category), we'll likely be booking that every trip.

Next week I'm going to try to book a lake view, I hope I can get one. Love hearing your comments, can't wait to go!

For those of you staying at BLT: is it possible to walk to MK? If so, how long and how comfortable is the walk (crossing the street, shade etc) would really appreciate any info.

It is about a 10-15 minute walk. There is a sidewalk that leads you right to the MK. It is tree covered in places that I remember. It is great on nights like for the Halloween party.

For those of you staying at BLT: is it possible to walk to MK? If so, how long and how comfortable is the walk (crossing the street, shade etc) would really appreciate any info.

We got dropped off at MK and walked to the CR resort for breakfast one day in less than 10 minutes, and we had to pass BLT on the way. In the morning at least you are in the shade much of the trip - can't say how it would be in the afternoon.

the outside ring - agree - LV is a great choice.

but the inside where you are basically looking across at each other - no - the extra points for LV are not worth this view - give me standard.

they should have divided this one too.

I agree. I also had this view and watching others sit around on their balcony smoking was not a good view. (but that's another story). It was my first stay there and my next stay is Oct. 31 in a standard dedicated 2 bedroom. My expectations are low since it's only a standard view room, so I'm happy with that.

it seemed like it was roughly the same to walk to MK from the BLT as to walk to the monorail at the CR (and then even longer to wait to go all the way around the track back to the MK).

you do have to cross a street and not sure about the shade - but it's really not a bad walk.

here is an attempt to link a pic of the walk:

361724257_EJLNY-O.jpg

(if it doesn't work, google "robo wdw maps" and you can find it...)

There is one street to cross, which is a service road at the corner of the CR/BLT parking lot. There is a crosswalk and light there, so it is pretty easy.

One cool thing about the walk is that it follows the monorail track, and the train could go "swooshing" overyour head in spots. It is cool, especially for kids and guys...:lmao: :thumbsup2

Shade depends on the time of day, but the route is tree-lined. Easy-Peezy and recommended.

I am a BW owner who joined in 2000. This place is awesome!!!. First time here. I also have a Lake view (4th floor) and it's fine. I have been coming to WDW every July since 2000 and sitting on the balcony is never something we do much (the heat). We did go to the lounge last night and it was pretty cool watching the fireworks. Pumping in the music works great. The security is pretty tight so make sure you're staying on points at BLT. I can not believe how big the rooms are (we are in a one bedroom). The extra bathroom is also a nice touch. The pool is also pretty cool. The slide is faster than the BW slide.

We went to MK first thing and it wasn't too bad. Although, Splash did have a 45 minute wait at 1pm. It looks like the BTG's are in full force. They seemed very respectful but they can add many minutes on an attraction. Just work those FP's and you'll be alright.

We did stay one night at Universal (we hadn't been there in 10 years). I'm a sucker for hype and had to check out HP. It was alright, Harry Potter Land was just how Pete described it, remarkable themed buildings but little substance. I'm glad to be checked in at "my home".

BLT is awesome!!!!! I hope the week drags.

Later, off to MK for something to eat with the family.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter