At Aulani now...

MichiganDVC

Can barely see my Kool-aid bath with these Rose-co
Ok, so you guys did not do this place justice! ;-) It is beautiful, inside and out. Makes the JW Marriott next door look like a Motel 6. I've only been here a few hours (yesterday) and it is wonderful!

If anyone here is coming in the next few months wants any information or for me to take any pictures of menus and such, just let me know.

Enjoy your vacation! If you eat at any of the resort restaurants would you mind sharing your experiences? We arrive Monday:cheer2: and have read mixed reviews about the on property restaurants. Thank you!

I don't think we're eating at any of the reset restaurants..,only here for two days before we island hop, but will keep you updated.
Ate at Ulu Cafe (quick service) for breakfast today. Was $26 for two breakfast sandwiches ($8-9ea but large and filling), one Kona coffee ($5 but very strong) and a $3 banana (won't buy THAT again.)
Was it worth it? Yes. Very quick, pleasant walk from room, ate with view of the grounds + ocean, and food was good and filling. Are there cheaper places nearby? Yes, but not with the proximity and view.
Will report on pool bars and lounges as soon as they open! I've been up since 4:30am and it's only 9:40. Time for a drink!! ;-)

I am here as well. We had breakfast to go from Island Vintage Coffee Shop, am loving the acai bowls. Was much better than the one I had from AMA AMA. Eaten a few quick service lunch items, our favorite is the summer rolls from Little Opihi's. I can see how the dining here could grow old rather quickly. Most breakfasts we are eating in our room after shopping at Target :). Our best meal so far has been at Monkeypod, food was delicious.

I am here as well. We had breakfast to go from Island Vintage Coffee Shop, am loving the acai bowls. Was much better than the one I had from AMA AMA. Eaten a few quick service lunch items, our favorite is the summer rolls from Little Opihi's. I can see how the dining here could grow old rather quickly. Most breakfasts we are eating in our room after shopping at Target :). Our best meal so far has been at Monkeypod, food was delicious.

LOL! I think I know you! Can't wait to hear all the details next time I see you or your DH in the office ;)

Hope you are having a blast!!!

Any info about the resort and setting up excursions appreciated. My DS9's WISH trip is to Hawaii next summer and we requested Aulani resort. Starting to research now. Thanks!

We were there last week and while it was busy, it didn't feel crowded because there is so much to do that people were pretty spread out. We were able get get chairs where we wanted but we did notice lots of chair saving and only once saw a cast member timing absences. Probably the most crowding was when waiting for elevators at peak times of day and in the lagoon where there were swimmers, people snorkeling, kayaking, and doing stand-up paddleboarding. The space was small for the number of people in the water. I as afraid of running into people when I was paddleboarding.

As for food--we ate breakfast at AMA AMA twice so my dd age 22) could get Mickey waffles, which are her favorite. They are on the keiki menu and they didn't bat an eye when she ordered off the kid's menu.

Adult areas--CMs were vigilant about keeping kids out of the adult pool and hot tub, although one day someone took a little kid into the adult hot tub and thekid had an 'accident", which caused the pool to be closed during the day for cleaning.

LOL! I think I know you! Can't wait to hear all the details next time I see you or your DH in the office ;)

Hope you are having a blast!!!

Why, yes! He sees you next week, I think. DH just said to me yesterday that you would have questions, I am keeping a journal :). As far as crowds, seems like it got busy today, must be due to the holiday. Agree it was busy last week but definitely manageable. Chairs open up mid afternoon so if you are out for the day, it is much less busy around the pool when you get back.

Any info about the resort and setting up excursions appreciated. My DS9's WISH trip is to Hawaii next summer and we requested Aulani resort. Starting to research now. Thanks!

We set up our own excursions. Booked Pearl Harbor months ago through the national parks website, surf lessons with Hawaiian Fire (they will pick you up at Aulani) and sunset sail with Hawaii Nautical (they will also pick you up from Aulani). Did our own driving tour of the North Shore. Good luck with your planning!

Should we bring our own beach towels or does the resort provide them for use at the pools and beach?

We set up our own excursions. Booked Pearl Harbor months ago through the national parks website, surf lessons with Hawaiian Fire (they will pick you up at Aulani) and sunset sail with Hawaii Nautical (they will also pick you up from Aulani). Did our own driving tour of the North Shore. Good luck with your planning!

Generally how long in advance do you have to book these types of excursions? We have no information about our trip yet other than they want to grant it as his WISH. I'm going to call next week to see what I can find out.

WHAT!!???

There's an Island Vintage Coffee outlet at Aulani!?? Why haven't I heard about this before!!! I'll never leave the resort now...

it is fine if you have young kids, but my tenage kids hated it as the pools are too small, there is no real ocean access with waves as they only have a calm lagoon. Plus the towns around that area are dumps and there are no nice restaurants to go to in the area. Ohau is my least favorite island of all the hawaian islands and I can not see every going back to this resort again.

WHAT!!???

There's an Island Vintage Coffee outlet at Aulani!?? Why haven't I heard about this before!!! I'll never leave the resort now...

It's across the street at Ko Olina Station... the Ko Olina Outdoor Mall area right off the golf course. Super great latte's and other yummy things!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter