• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

At AS sports right now and boy did I make a mistake!

yngsj

Mouseketeer
I really wanted a newly refurbished room so I requested a room in the Home Run building for my current trip. I was so excited when I checked in and found out I was granted my request but that quickly changed after our first night. We are on the 1st floor right across from the pool and quiet time from 10:00pm until 9:00 am is a joke. We hear screaming until 12:00 sometimes 1:00am. So for any of you that are thinking about requesting one of Home Run rooms before the main pool is reopened you may want to rethink your request. I sure wish I had not done so. The new rooms do look nice but dealing with grumpy spouse and kids from lack of sleep is not worth it.

That's a good thing to know for us not for you. We are arriving on Sat and my daughter was going to fax over our special request to include that we would like to be in the refurbished rooms. Maybe not a good idea now. Thank you. Hopefully you might have a more restful night tonight. Have a nice rest of your vacation.

I just found out we are staying there for our 12/12-18 trip. I have no idea where to request. Where would you suggest?

If I were you I would wait and see which rooms have been renovated. The main pool should be open and less people will be swimming. We usually wait until the day or 2 before our arrival and fax our requests. We will be there on Sat so time will tell for now. I will write on our experience upon our return home.

we just got back, and stayed in building 7
7108 and as far as I could tell we were first to stay after the refurbish. the room smelled like new carpet.

I had put in a request for building 10, we got building 7 on the first floor... slightlygoofy was in the room next door, as their window was very very decorated.

while we do get up kinda early and get back to the room kinda late, I never heard or noticed anything loud. There were a couple nights we went to pool, kinda late (while the laundry was going) And past midnight, the pool was empty 'cept for a few couples.

We really enjoyed All Star Sports and would stay again in Sept. when there are no large groups stayin there. Yeah the lines for the buses were kinda long sometimes... but I kept a close eye on time and the longest we waited was a half hour comming back from MK at close.

yngsj-awww, i'm so sorry to hear that the room is not quiet enough for you and your family. i empathize with you. if i don't get enough sleep, look out. :scared1: can you request a different room or mention the noise levels to the CMs? I hope things quiet down for you.

Don't let it get your vacation down too much-I hope you have a great time. Here's some pixie dust for you. pixiedust:

Unfortunately, when you are staying in a place with a large number of other people, there will be some who aren't on your schedule. For us, it's the early risers that are so excited about being at Disney World. Families on their way to breakfast who shout to remember the key or whatever. Kids who run down the halls.

We are night people are are frequently up until midnight. We try to be quiet but we might have to talk outside in a normal voice. I'm sure to the people inside their rooms, we sound very loud.

It's just life. Here at home, we have kids outside skateboarding on Saturday nights close to midnight. They don't yell or anything but the sound of a skateboard that late would be upsetting to some.

We are staying at All Star Movies next year, and I'm wondering. Do you need to fax a room request if you want to be all the way in the back of the resort? It's just my boyfriend and I traveling and we won't have any kids, and we don't mind walking form the back of the resort to the front to pick up the buses.

i so feel your pain. i have stayed at each of the allstars and at POP. i will NEVER AGAIN stay at the AS sports. too loud everywhere, not just by the homerun pool. We were all the way back in the tennis section (away from both the pools and the food court) and it was still loud. At any given time there is a sports team partisipating in some event at WOS and they all stay at AS Sports as their first choice. These groups are often not supervised well and in my experience there, left to run wild. sports equipment (socks, shorts, jocks) left to "dry" (eeewww) hanging over door knobs, balcony railings and outdoor lighting fixtures. Teens will be teens and kids will be kids, but in choose not to pay to stay next door to them while on family vacation anymore.

(yes, i know that i take the chance of getting a team next to me at any other resort, but i got the info first hand from many a CM, that they generally fill up the AS Sports first with these groups.)

OK so which buildings have been refurbished. I read on here that they also got new beds. Cool! Did all of the buildings in sports get them or just half?

It's been a long time since we were at the All-Star Sports, but we loved our quiet location. Can't remember the room no., or building no., but it was the basketball section, on a wing that faced the woods. Yes, it was a bit of a walk to the pool or bus stop, but it was very peaceful and relaxing to open the door and see trees instead of a crowded pool full of screaming people! Hardly any foot traffic.

I think getting a first floor room right across from the pool is asking for it to be noisy NO MATTER the resort. I would think if quiet was what I was looking for I would ask for a room away from the pool.

When we were at Disney they told us the pool was open until midnight so those people were within their rights. I agree with the early risers and noise that bothers us more than the late nighters.

Well we got back last night very tired but we survived. I did not complain because I wasn't going to complain about something I asked for. On our next trip no matter where we stay I will request to be as far from the pools as possible.

We are staying at All Star Movies next year, and I'm wondering. Do you need to fax a room request if you want to be all the way in the back of the resort? It's just my boyfriend and I traveling and we won't have any kids, and we don't mind walking form the back of the resort to the front to pick up the buses.

My husband and I have been there since we're TANKS too (two adults, no kids). If I fax anything in, I say that the two of us are looking forward to a nice, quiet and relaxing time at the resort.

For the Movies, you might want to consider asking for The Mighty Ducks. There is a "quiet" pool there but even on the first floor, we never heard anything from that area (we faced the pool). It's a bit of a walk from Cinema Hall but you can go across a bit of the parking lot and to Melody Hall at the Music. That's closer and has the same stuff as what is at Movies (except it'll say Music instead).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter