• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

At AP Fantasyland Expansion Preview

figment814

Mouseketeer
7:20. Dropped off at TTC
Quick and easy to get wristbands. Great cast member interaction. Gave me a button that said "I'm celebrating dinglehoppers" because I am seeing Ariel.

7:33. On the ferry moving across Bay Lake.

7:59 Standing in a giant line extending back to the entrance of Storybook Circus to enter FLE. We were initially told that we had to wait until rope drop, but then we were let through, to queue for FLE.

8:04 Line continued to grow, but started moving slowly at 8:04.

8:12 entered FLE

Hmmm I wonder if it is worth going? We are also in the 12:30 block today AND the 5:30 block next Sunday (how the heck did that happen?)

FWIW Little Mermaid has been walk on every other time we have been... not sure I can convince the girls to wait in line for it.

Has BoG been open for lunch?

figment814 said:
7:20. Dropped off at TTC
Quick and easy to get wristbands. Great cast member interaction. Gave me a button that said "I'm celebrating dinglehoppers" because I am seeing Ariel.

7:33. On the ferry moving across Bay Lake.

7:59 Standing in a giant line extending back to the entrance of Storybook Circus to enter FLE. We were initially told that we had to wait until rope drop, but then we were let through, to queue for FLE.

8:04 Line continued to grow, but started moving slowly at 8:04.

8:12 entered FLE

We must have shared a boat and been near each other in line. Our time line is pretty much the same! Virtual wave to you from Enchanted Tales with Belle!

8:27 in line for Ariel's Grotto; 10 minute wait posted. No Internet in line.
8:38 still in line
8:42. Done! Ariel is amazing.
8:47 There is a 45 minute wait for belle. Entering restaurant.
8:53 disappointed in Be Our Guest tour. Only allowed to see one roped off room.
8:55 in line for Little Mermaid again. Long line this time.
8:57 time posted as 30 minutes
9:15 on ride
9:24 off ride
9:30 attempted enchanted tales with Belle, didt realize your wristband color directed where you could go, as I was never
9:35 in line at Gastons for LeFous brew, 10 done
10:16 on boat to Polynesian

Suellen said:
Hmmm I wonder if it is worth going? We are also in the 12:30 block today AND the 5:30 block next Sunday (how the heck did that happen?)

FWIW Little Mermaid has been walk on every other time we have been... not sure I can convince the girls to wait in line for it.

Has BoG been open for lunch?

Yes BOG was going to be open for lunch, but it had a huge line.

My general thoughts:

Ariel character meet was great, the cast member was a perfect fit. I normally don't do character meets, but maybe I will now. Queue slower than posted times.

Little mermaid ride was very good, glad I rode it twice. Line moves quick, and line is interactive, which needs to be managed a little better.

Gastons Tavern doesn't seem to have hit its stride yet, but that's what previews are for. I would have preferred a smaller size for LeFou's brew, I liked it, but it was too much.

The restaurant portion I saw was beautiful. Wish we could have seen more!

Didn't purchase anything in the shop, there were some pretty things, but nothing really fit what I was looking for.

Glad I had this opportunity!

Ooh. Thanks for sharing. Would love to hear more opinions. Still can't decide which option to take. May choose Ariel for the dinglehopper button. :)

If someone is there now can you ask if it will be open for the general public at 10pm? I asked that today at the gate but they were so rude. This has not been a fun day needless to say. Crowds are ridiculous

If someone is there now can you ask if it will be open for the general public at 10pm? I asked that today at the gate but they were so rude. This has not been a fun day needless to say. Crowds are ridiculous

Like I said in the other thread, there's a good chance it will.

Does anyone know who can eat at BOG for lunch? is it only the people who happen to have a preview time during lunch hours?

Thanks. I will be at the AP preview on the 17th Nov. I already did the Belle attraction back in September, and there was only one part I really liked so I wont be doing that again. Looking forward to Ariel, the restaurant (which will be open by then already right?) and Gaston's.

We just left so will share my experiences. I'm not sure what the different colors bands mean. I saw three different colors while there. We got there at 11:40 and walked in (our time was 12:30).

Belle had a 20 minute wait so got in line but it broke down. Went to Ariel's and line was 30 minutes. Ride was really cute but I wasn't blown away. It was sweet but I wouldn't wait in a long line for it in the future.

Saw Ariel in the grotto next (we had NOT signed up for that. We just walked in. ) line was 25 minutes. Ariel was perfect. I'm not sure what a dinglehopper button is. We didn't see anything.

Went to the BOG restaurant next. You MUST buy food to tour it all the way. We had lunch. Line moved fast, lunch was excellent...I loved this place and was in awe. There were a lot of open tables. I had expected we'd have to fight for a table and we didn't. It was very nice.

Went to Belle's next and now the wait was 45 minutes. But....my son got picked as the Beast and danced with Belle. I cried, lol. This whole thing blew me away. I expected it to suck based on the reviews and I thought it was so sweet!

All in all it was very nice. Line were not as bad as I expected them to be. It was a nice preview.

Fantasyland had a dress rehearsal last night during the MNSSHP so my youngest daughter stayed home but my oldest and I went this morning but didn't get there until after 9.

shanwahl said:
Does anyone know who can eat at BOG for lunch? is it only the people who happen to have a preview time during lunch hours?

I believe it is only preview people, but don't quote me.

rachel09985 said:

I asked three different CMs today, two of which were managerial types, and all said no. Probably not going to stick around to find out, will be back with a legit AP spot in two weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter