At 2:45PM On October 2 There Will Be a Buzz Lightyear Ticker Tape Parade in MK

OMG I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I will be there at WDW then.:yay: Oct 02 was scheduled to be our "rest" day, as we will have been at MNSSHP the night before. I think I will have to replan things a little.

In the last 2 months I have become a really big space fan and eventhough the details are a little sketchy at the moment I will be there!!!!!:thumbsup2

oh wow...I was upset that the parade might affect my MK day apparently I missed the part that buzz aldrin might be there?! now I'm excited!

Cool stuff, that's the day we arrive. Our plane lands at 9:55, and hope to be in the MK by 1 that afternoon!

We'll be there then too! My Dad who is joining us for the trip used to work on the Space Shuttle Program for Lockheed Martin. I think he'd get a great kick out of this...hope it happens as planned! :cool1:

Will be there that day!! :thumbsup2 I need to make sure I mark that on my schedule. Looking forward to it!

We will be there too!! our last full day at wdw before we fly home the next day! Cant wait!

Any word yet on when the buzz parade will be? We'll only be there til around 2. If I'm going to experience all the crowds in the morning, I might as well get to see the parade!

Anyone ever been to a special parade or event like this? If I just don't care that much about it, am I crazy for going to the park that day? It's our last day and we have ADR's at 8:05 for CRT and we are NOT hopping......

Two Buzzes -- this one plus Apollo 11 moonwalker Buzz Aldrin -- will be honored in a parade at Magic Kingdom, alongside ISS crewmates on Oct. 2, 2009. (Step-off time is 2:45 p.m.)

Found this on the Orlando Sentinel website. Does this mean the parade will immediately precede the 3 o'clock parade. I hope so! Our plane lands at 10:30AM we should arrive in time for the parade:cool1:

Well I guess I will have to ask DS if he wants to do this or not. We are scheduled to be in Epcot that day and have lunch and dinner reservations in Epcot but we could hop over to MK for the parade. How hard is it to get from Epcot to MK and back again? About half hour each way? My DS has always since about 2 been a huge Buzz fan. He turns 6 tomorrow and although he doesn't mention it to much to his friends (not sure it is cool to still love Buzz) I know he still loves him.

Anyone want to guess the parade route? Same as the normal route? Maybe it just goes before the other parade? I would want to stay near the front of the park so we could leave right after it ended. I wouldn't want to be caught for the other parade.

My son (4) is VERY into space and the space program. This is exciting, I hadn't heard about it until reading the boards today. Oct. 2 is our last day...I am hoping to hear more information about this event...will Buzz (Aldrin) be signing books...etc. parade times etc. Please keep this thread going with current info...10 days until I leave :)

I wouldn't be surprised if it got postponed since the shuttle landed in Califonia and not Florida. I'm not sure if they will unload the shuttle until it is brought back to Florida which could take a couple weeks. Some stuff might ride along with the shuttle back and be unloaded there. Any reports of Buzz actually coming off the shuttle yet?

New Information posted on first post. Looks like Buzz is unloaded and will be ready for the parade on Oct 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter