• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

assigned terminal check in time????

djarhansen

Mouseketeer
I checked in online already and when I did they gave me a terminal pass to check in at 1:00-1:30 but I was plannnig on going earlier to beat the rush. Does this pass mean I can't check in at the terminal until 1??? Thanks!

My sister called DCL about the Port Arrival Time & they told her that it's not a hard fast rule that you have to arrive at that time, but they are doing that to cut down on 3,600 passengers all arriving at 11:00. They are hoping that people stick to their times so that the port check-in process goes quicker if people arrive in waves and not in a mass. It doesn't mean you can't get there sooner or later, but I think they are encouraging people to arrive at their designated time. Hope this helps!

How far out is your cruise? I have read people are getting these times assigned, but I don't see anything in my online info. Where should I look? I know when I filled out the check-in paper work, it asked me what time I planned on arriving at the port. I said 10Am..I hope they consider that when assigning me a time.

Thanks for the response. That is kind of what I was thinking. We board on Sunday and when I did the online check in is when they gave me a box to choose my terminal check in time. The earliest one available was the 1-1:30.

How far out is your cruise? I have read people are getting these times assigned, but I don't see anything in my online info. Where should I look? I know when I filled out the check-in paper work, it asked me what time I planned on arriving at the port. I said 10Am..I hope they consider that when assigning me a time.

some people are being assigned, some able to choose....not sure what the difference.

And, remember, this does not apply to people arriving via DCL buses....only for people arriving on other forms of transportation.

MJ

We leave June 14th and when I did the registration, etc at 105 days I was able to check in online and we got the time of 11:00 AM. We chose it, but who knows, something may happen and we may show up late. :confused3. Murphy's Law :goodvibes

As of March 10th, they were not checking/enforcing the arrival time printed on your documents.

some people are being assigned, some able to choose....not sure what the difference.

And, remember, this does not apply to people arriving via DCL buses....only for people arriving on other forms of transportation.

MJ

Actually, we are using DCL buses and had to pick an arrival time during our on-line check in. We are flying in the night before and staying at the MCO Hyatt so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

I'd read on here that if you are taking DCL transfers that you wouldn't need to pick a time so I called DCL and explained that we were taking the DCL bus so how would we know what time and the CM told me to just estimate at what time we thought we'd get there. :rolleyes: Don't think she realized what I was saying - we don't know what bus we'll be assigned to. Anyway I just picked the earliest time available. Hope it doesn't prevent someone else getting it if we get stuck on a later bus.

Actually, we are using DCL buses and had to pick an arrival time during our on-line check in. We are flying in the night before and staying at the MCO Hyatt so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

I'd read on here that if you are taking DCL transfers that you wouldn't need to pick a time so I called DCL and explained that we were taking the DCL bus so how would we know what time and the CM told me to just estimate at what time we thought we'd get there. :rolleyes: Don't think she realized what I was saying - we don't know what bus we'll be assigned to. Anyway I just picked the earliest time available. Hope it doesn't prevent someone else getting it if we get stuck on a later bus.

You picked a port arrive time or a flight arrival time?....as I have always had to pick a flight arrival time on the on line check in.

But, if it was port arrival time....it makes no sense as they KNOW when their buses are due to arrive!!! Unless it is just a standard field to be filled out when you do the online checkin.

MJ

We were at the port at 10:45 and were able to check right in, but by the time we were done with that, the terminal was packed! It seems if you arrive a little later it isn't so busy, but that was just my impression.

I have read in a few reports from the MR cruises that people have been pre-assigned boarding numbers based on their online check-in times, but had been able to get them changed if they checked in early. I may have misunderstood, but that was what I thought a couple of the posts were saying.

You picked a port arrive time or a flight arrival time?....as I have always had to pick a flight arrival time on the on line check in.

But, if it was port arrival time....it makes no sense as they KNOW when their buses are due to arrive!!! Unless it is just a standard field to be filled out when you do the online checkin.

MJ

I had to pick both. And this may be where I messed something up.

It asked if we were flying. I said yes and filled in our flight info. Its the day before so not sure if I really needed to do that but still did it. It asked how we were getting to the port and I checked Disney bus. (We've already purchased ground transfers through DCL) Finished the Pre/Post Cruise Info section. The Port Arrival Time section opened up and asked me to pick an arrival time.

I agree. They know when their buses are due to arrive. I'm sure we'll be on one of the first buses out of the airport but still I don't know for certain what time the bus we'll be on will leave the airport much less arrive at the terminal.

MJ

We had to pick a port arrival time and are using the DCL transfers. We are being picked from AKL. We had to fill in something or we couldn't get past that section to print the form. It is kind of confusing though. We took our best guess, and pick to arrive from 1:30-2:00. I think it's a standard field, but it does draw confusion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter