Assign Magic Band to Family Member

JonasT1199

Earning My Ears
Hey, all. I’m taking my father to Disney for the first time in forever tomorrow. I picked him up a Magic Band when I was there on Monday, but I’m not sure how to assign it to him. He’s not a smartphone kind of person, so he’s not got a Disney account. I bought the ticket in his name and it’s on my Disney account, and it shows that I manage his profile. How can I link the MagicBand to his profile? I get to a point where I can scan it, but I’m concerned it will auto-add it to me instead of asking if I want it for myself or someone I manage. I tried calling Disney about it, but the wait time was going to be over 2 hours. Any help would be appreciated.

I’ve done this before! You can link the magicband to his profile on your account and it will be his forever. If you mess up and it doesn’t work, a cast member at the ticket box can help to fix it for you - or they can just do it if you prefer.

To add the magic band select "link magic band", enter the number and click next, there will be a list of people in your MDE and you select the person you want to assign it to. It will ask you to confirm after you assign it. I've done it several times

To add the magic band select "link magic band", enter the number and click next, there will be a list of people in your MDE and you select the person you want to assign it to. It will ask you to confirm after you assign it. I've done it several times
Is it possible to take one of the many Magic Bands and reassign the number to my mom, who doesn't have any Magic Bands?

Is it possible to take one of the many Magic Bands and reassign the number to my mom, who doesn't have any Magic Bands?
Magic bands can't be reassigned. Once it's linked to a specific person, it stays with that person and can't be unlinked

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter