ASMu vs POFQ help please...

loganjared

Mouseketeer
We love POFQ! We may need to go to a value instead to save money :sad:
We are booked now at POFQ for June 2-12, if we stay at an all star we would save over $600. If we move our dates to May 19-29th on top of that we will save a total of over $917!
I have read on here that ASMu is the quietest of the values and has some lush garden areas. They also have a Jazz section that has a New Orleans feel. It seems like if we have to stay at at a value instead of POFQ this one would be the closest to what we love.
I would love you opinions on this. Also, have any of you stayed there mid May or early June? Is it still quieter during those times? Are there any large groups (cheerleading competitions, etc) that may be there during that time?
We stayed at ASSp during competition once and it was insane.
Anyway, long story short. ASMu makes me feel better about switching from POFQ, but will I regret it? :confused3
Thanks!

For me personally, I'd stay off site before I ever went back to a value again. But that's me. The first time we went value it was lovely. We had an amazing time and really enjoyed our surroundings. This was back in 1999. The second time we went value, I was SO upset. I will not go into detail because I'm pretty sure it would cause all kinds of drama. I feel like our whole vacation was ruined and spent most of my time upset. Needless to say, I will never stay value again.

We love POFQ! We may need to go to a value instead to save money :sad:
We are booked now at POFQ for June 2-12, if we stay at an all star we would save over $600. If we move our dates to May 19-29th on top of that we will save a total of over $917!
I have read on here that ASMu is the quietest of the values and has some lush garden areas. They also have a Jazz section that has a New Orleans feel. It seems like if we have to stay at at a value instead of POFQ this one would be the closest to what we love.
I would love you opinions on this. Also, have any of you stayed there mid May or early June? Is it still quieter during those times? Are there any large groups (cheerleading competitions, etc) that may be there during that time?
We stayed at ASSp during competition once and it was insane.
Anyway, long story short. ASMu makes me feel better about switching from POFQ, but will I regret it? :confused3
Thanks!

I dont think you will regret it. We've stayed at most of the values and moderates. We LOVE the values! We love the feel/vibe. I personally could not imagine staying off-site. You dont get the DP, & you dont get EMH (which we absolutely cannot do without). I think you'd like the values if you just keep an open mind and have fun. Think of all the money youre saving! :thumbsup2

We've been to disney at the end of May and loved it. It was pretty quiet. I dont recall any dance groups etc being there.

I don't think you will regret it. I hate to see people really put the kabash on the value stay idea. I think you need to go into a value stay with an open mind. It's going to be different from a mod stay, but it can be an equally satisfying stay. Plus saving almost $1000 in May is huge. Think of all the other things you can do with that $.

I personally love the piano pool. I think its so cute and landscaped so nicely. It's one of my favorite quiet pools on Disney property. You are correct - the whole resort is landscaped very nicely.

I do not know about tour groups in May as I have only stayed there in August.

I also like ASMusic because it is right in the middle of the other All Stars, so if you want to hop on one of those buses to go home from the parks, its an easy walk and each resort's icons are fun to look at.

Enjoy your stay. I would definitely pick ASMu over an off site stay unless you really need large accommodations and can't afford to stay in one of the family suites.

HappyMomma said:
For me personally, I'd stay off site before I ever went back to a value again. But that's me. The first time we went value it was lovely. We had an amazing time and really enjoyed our surroundings. This was back in 1999. The second time we went value, I was SO upset. I will not go into detail because I'm pretty sure it would cause all kinds of drama. I feel like our whole vacation was ruined and spent most of my time upset. Needless to say, I will never stay value again.

Yikes! Sorry to hear that.

We personally would never stay offsite. We've stayed at Asmu three times, and had great stays every time. In fact, one trip we got pixie dusted with a family suite! We love being on property, and have no issues with the All Stars. Pop, now that's a value we will never return to. Beds were hard as a rock and the resort was crowded all the time (May). I would recommend booking a preferred room for Asmu. The Jazz section is conveniently located to everything. Enjoy OP!

Thank you everyone! We wouldn't want to stay offsite. We have stayed value before & really liked it. It is just that once we stayed at POFQ we loved how peaceful it is. I think ASMu may be a perfect mix of Disney fun & quiet for us!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Just remember ASMu has double beds, POFQ has queen beds (ok they both have king size too).
For my partner and I that makes a big difference.

I stayed at POFQ and ASMu last week.

As far as noise they were both equally quiet-ish.

I was originally in Jazz but due to needing the room imediatly and not waiting for my original assignment I got put back further in County Fair. I was fine with this. I was at the end closest to the front and my walk was only 4-5 minutes. It is very vegatative as far as landscaping and though I could hear some work vehicles from the service area (I technically faced the parking area but couldn't see it through the trees and building 4 of Rock section but there is a service building at the parking lot there where trucks were coming and going) I did not find it intrusive (i have freaky I can hear background noise hearing) and it did not bother me at all. I was at the end by the pool and could not hear it or the music playing unless I was outside so that fine too.

We were in building 4 of POFQ facing the parking lot which coincidentally we also could not see through the trees and since we were right by the main building we also could hear delivery trucks. But again it was very faint and not intrusive and except for the morning that the parking lot cleaners decided to start at 6:30 would not bother me at all. The music from the pool/walking area and movies could not be heard unless you were actually outside.

So I figure either one will be the same as far as view or sound goes for the most part.

However if I were a couple the bed size would be the deciding factor. Doubles and small doubles at that at ASMu and a Queen at POFQ. Plus only one sink at ASMu. I think for a solo I could do either but with two adults I'd go for the moderate. (even though I went with a friend and we used both beds it helped to have that second sink getting ready in the morning)

I think we are going to switch to ASMu! Is there a privacy curtain between the bathroom and the sleeping area. I have read conflicting things about that on here.
Thanks!

I think we are going to switch to ASMu! Is there a privacy curtain between the bathroom and the sleeping area. I have read conflicting things about that on here.
Thanks!

In 2009 I had one in the Calypso room and this year in County Fair I didn't notice if I had one or not, I was alone so never had to use it.

We would NEVER stay off site either. The only value we have stayed in is POP and we all just loved it. We are staying at POFQ on this trip just to try something new but believe me that you will not be disappointed with a Disney Value and we WILL stay in a Disney value again in the future and not to save money but just because we liked it:)

We have stayed at POR and ASM family suite in Jazz. I loved ASM and would always go there instead of POR. The walk to the bus/main building isn't far at all from Jazz. It wasn't loud at all and Jazz is fairly close to the pool area. We loved it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter