ASMu or ***?

Rpsemont

DIS Veteran
Going to WDW 11/7-11/12. Have stayed at ASMu and liked it. Last year stayed at ASMo. Thinking about *** for this trip. 1) to try something different and 2) I've heard it's more compact (Like ASMo) so you don't need to be as concerned about which building. I don't want to pay for preferred. And while I will Fax my building request, we'll be checking in at midnight and I've found the later you check in, the less likely you are to get your choice. Any other thoughts or suggestions?

I have done the same thing.:o Sports is fine, ask for Building 9 (homerun) or 10 (touchdown). They are as near the food court as 1 and 6 and you do NOT have to pay Extra for these!;)

Rpsemont.. What building were you in at movies. I am thinking about there for next trip. We do want near the main pool and food court. I know fantasia is perfered. What other building would be close? Any tips would be great. We are going to have a car so would also like to be somewhat close to the parking lot.. Did you like the movies? Or did you like music better? thanks corvairamy

We've stayed in the Movies twice now, and we love the All-Star resorts!!! I also think they have some of the best bus service!!

In 2000, our plane arrived early in the morning, and we checked in for about 9:30 AM. I had requested Toy Story, but we were given Love Bug. Although I was a little disappointed, we headed off to Epcot and got back to the resort after Illuminations. We got our room key - and we loved this area!! It was so quiet, and it was really a short walk to the food court/bus stop.

In 2001, our plane arrived after midnight, and when we checked in, I thought surely all the "good" rooms would be gone - but we had requested 101 Dalmations and got it! We also loved this area - our room was very quiet and again, a short walk to the food court/bus stops.

In our stays at the Movies, we rarely went to the other All-Star hotels to pick up or drop off other guests. Even when we got on and the bus wasn't that full, we still usually went straight to the park.

corvairamy,
when we were at ASMo we were in Mighty Ducks. It was not my choice, but that's where we got. As it turned out. it really wasn't that bad to walk to the food court and we were right beside the pool and close to the parking lot, so it definitely had it's plusses. A couple years ago at ASMu we were in Counrty Fair. That was a little bit of a hike that I'd like to avoid this time. I will say though, none of the AS had the walks we incurred in the moderates. Those Moderate Resorts are HUGE. (We've stayed at Dxl (POR) and CSR) AS far a deciding what building, look at the Reosrt Map. Dalmation can be pretty close to the food court, and so can Toy Story, if you don't want to pay for Fantasia.

Seriously, we've had great stays at all three "Stars". Loved the "tennis bldgs" (can't remember what they're actually called.) Bit of a walk but not too loud and parking was close to our room.

I personally prefer ASSp to ASMu. Some of the buidlings at Music are really far from the main building. My last trip to Sports I stayed in Hoops #8 in the back facing the woods and then in Surf's Up #6, away from the pool. Both locations were nice and I didn't think that Hoops was all that far away from things.

Thanks for all the input. I think I will try Sports this time. I'll worry about requesting a building as we get closer. Does anyone know, is there a way to find out which room numbers on which wings? I know they give the room numbers for the buildings, but if we wanted to request a specific side how could we find out which room numbers that might cover. Also, has anyone had a problem with noise from overhead? We've stayed ground floor both times before and really liked it. don't know if we've been lucky or whether it really doesn't matter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter