ASMu Intermission Food Court

Stefecatzz

"If nothing changed, there'd be no butterflies."
I’m trying to plan a trip coming up where I can bring my own bagels for breakfast. Does the condiment section have butter & cream cheese for free or do I have to purchase them from the cooler?

That's what my plan is now. Since I'm also bringing a 4 pack of my favorite coffee, it would be a lot easier to just have everything in the room anyway & once I'm out the door, head to the parks. :)

Thanks

That's what my plan is now. Since I'm also bringing a 4 pack of my favorite coffee, it would be a lot easier to just have everything in the room anyway & once I'm out the door, head to the parks. :)

Thanks
Don't you also need your own coffee pot? I didn't think they had them in the value rooms unless you got a family suite or they have added them.

I'm just gonna grab a 4 pack of the Starbucks Double Shot cans & store them in the fridge. I'll be there next month so it will be too hot for me to drink hot coffee anyway. Since I'll only be staying for 3 nights, this will be cheaper than buying a mug which I'd only use for coffee in the morning anyway. :)

and when you ask for cups for free ice water, make sure you request a bunch of extra lemons and grab a bunch of free sugar packets

Thanks for the tip.

Wow........

not embarrassed at all, I have been a server for years. I have also been a disney addict for years, many years we have driven down with the kids. brought our own coolers with soda, bread, luchnmeat, paper plates, doughnuts, etc. etc.

been there,. done that. and as a bartender/restaurant server for most of my adult life, I know that the condiments are provided for the paying customers of said food court.. can you get away with grabbing some condiments? yes. is it legal or ethical? no. which is why I wouldn't do it.

are there some "gray" areas? ok you have a refillable mug, but there are no tea bags in our room. disney figured that one out... too many peole were grabbing tons of tea bags to bring home. so now you have to ask at the check out counter for tea bags.''

I still stand firm in the opinon that Disney does not need to provide free butter and cream cheese (or peanut butter , jelly, nutella, etc) for anyone who brings their own bagels. bring your own food at disney? fine! I have done it often. but don't expect disney to [provide the the toppings.

much like those who make a free salad out of the toppings bars at hamburger places in the park..

(and yes, I have had many customers at the restaurant where I work ask for extra lemons and sugar, instead of paying for lemonade.)

Last edited:
I respect your opinion, Smidgy. Thanks everyone for the input & suggestions.

:)

Last edited:
and when you ask for cups for free ice water, make sure you request a bunch of extra lemons and grab a bunch of free sugar packets

I hope that this isn't an implication that it is bad to ask for free ice water. Because that's an entitlement under Florida law.

not at all, no "implication" at all. I very plainly compared expecting free butter and cream cheese for your own bagels (as opposed to purchasing bagels) to asking for lemons and sugar packets for your free water. (in essence, getting free lemonade isstead of purchasing it.)

of course there is absolutely nothing wrong with asking for free ice water. anywhere.

I am a server, and all servers know there is a big difference between the person who wants a slice of lemon in their water and the person who asks for extra lemons and then puts 3 packs of sugar in their water. that is the person trying to get out of paying for lemonade.

by the same token, the cream cheese at the food court is there to put on the bagels purchased there.

another comparison would be the people who take up a table at Cosmic rays and don't purchase anything, just make a salad out of the burger toppings.

Yeah, that's all crazy stuff. My mind is boggled that people would make sugar water with a hint of lemon, haha.

Just didn't want people to think there is anything wrong with asking for water (which I see you weren't doing). Orlando is hot!

you are right, it is important to stay hydrated and no one should be afraid t ask for ice water.

This whole thread made me laugh. I am assuming this is all a joke? People think cream cheese is included in the price of their room?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter