ASMu anyone??

WDWCommandos

Earning My Ears
I have seen many people are going to POP :crowded: and a few to the other Value resorts (ASMo & Sports.) . But, I haven't seen too many people going to ASMu.
DH and I will be there 8/28 - 9/4.
Just curious if we are going to be the only ones there :scratchin !

Good Morning!! :wave:

My dh and I have been to the ASMu twice. Once in 03 for our 40th b-day :love: and then we just returned from 4 nights there 7/23-7/27. Our ds 13, joined us for this trip.
We enjoy the ASMu very much. Both times we stayed in Broadway Building #7 rooms 7510 and 7432. These rooms are very close to the Piano Pool, which is the secondary pool. It is quieter there and we always found a place to sit. It is about a 5 minute stroll to the Food Court/Front Desk Area, great for walking off a few extra icecream pounds!!!
The bus service was wonderful, never having to wait more than 10-15 minutes for one and in the evening when the parks close there are always a lot of buses headed back to the All Stars. :moped:
The food court is great!!! There is a variety of food ranging from quick pizza, very yummy, and chicken strips to roastedmeats and vegies and grilled salmon. Oh yeah, the desserts are and get a refillable mug!!!
The room was always kept clean and we got a towel animal in our window!!

We go back in 8 days but could only get a ressie at the All Star Sports!! I hope it is as nice!!

Enjoy your trip, if you have any questions just ask,

Heidi
:maleficen

Hubby and I will be checking into the All Star Music 9/4 and out on 9/10. This will be our 6th time staying there, so that said, you can tell that we make this our resort of choice.
We could very easily afford to stay at any of the other resorts at Disney, but choose the All Stars because we are not in the room that long. We want a clean, well kept place to sleep and shower, a nice pool and a decent food court. We spend most of the day at the parks, returning for a late afternoon swim and then back to watch the fireworks, Illuminations, or Fantasmic.
We find the food court to be to our liking, a good variety for the both of us.
This time we have the free dining plan, but intend to have a quick breakfast at the food court before heading out to the parks.
Hubby especially enjoys the pool at the All Stars, he is a big Donald fan and the Three Cabrieros (sp) is a big hit with him.
We are so ready for our upcoming trip, he is more excited than me.

WDWCommandos said:
I have seen many people are going to POP :crowded: and a few to the other Value resorts (ASMo & Sports.) . But, I haven't seen too many people going to ASMu.
I'll be there 8/27-8/29. This is my 1st time back to ASMu in a few years and I'm really looking forward to it. It was the 1st place I stayed on-property and I've always liked it best of all the All Star resorts. Also love Broadway and Jazz for sections.

Enjoy your stay!!! :wave:

Interesting note if you ever book thru Travelocity...in checking All Star Music for several dates this fall, they show the PREFERRED ROOM there either at the same price OR, for a couple of the dates I checked, about $20 CHEAPER than the standard ($90.97 vs. 110.96).Probably a mistake but assume Disney would honor the selection. ANyone booked Disney rooms thru Travelocity? Is there a big difference at that resort between standard and preferred?

WDWCommandos said:

We will be there 19th Aug - 2nd Sept at ASMU. We are 2 adults and DS and DD.

We will be there Sept 26th - Oct 1st!

It will be our first time at ASMU, we have already stayed at POP and ASMO...so I'm looking forward to seeing how this resort compares with the other 2. :goodvibes

DH and I are staying at All Star Music in mid September. We will spend a week in a standard room with free dining than we are moving to a Family Suite for 2 nights so DH and I can try out the new Family suites and give a first hand report about the suites.
All Star Music is my favorite Disney resort and we too can afford to stay at any of Disney's resorts but we love the theming at the All Stars and Donald is a favorite character of mine also. I just love the All Star Music pool!

Here is a little info on All Star Music:
---------------------------------------------

Photos of ASMu from allearnet.com:

asm_pl2.jpg

Quiet pool

asm_rock4.jpg

Rock Inn icon

asm_con.jpg

Country Fair

asm_calp9.jpg

Calypso icon * NOTE the lush landscaping

allstar-music2_lg-1.jpg

Calypso pool *NOTE the palm trees and landscapimg.

asm_br7.jpg

Garden near Broadway

asm_13.jpg

Ariel near quiet pool

asm6.jpg

Broadway with B&B

02.jpg

Fountain by Jazz Inn

01.jpg

Jazz Inn

:thumbsup2
----------------------------------

All Star Music is my favorite resort. It tends to be the quietest of all the values.

Here is a map of sports and music:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/allstarmap.htm
Scroll down. All Star Music is at the bottom of the page.

Here is the map of Movies:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/allstarmovie.JPG

---------------------------------------------------------

DH and I enjoy the landscaping and peacefulness of All Star Music.
We enjoy relaxing by the pool (there are plenty of chairs and lounges), and the beautiful lighting at the resort by night.

I have never had the unfortunate experience of running into the any of the large
groups of teens who sometimes stay at the values on school trips.
As long as you can avoid those large groups I do not think Noise will be an issue.

*HINT if you close your bathroom door at night you might not even hear the turbo toilets.
I close my bathroom door and I don't hear them.
------------------------------------

I love The All Star Resorts.

I am 56 years old and travel several times a year. I often stay at 4 star hotels.
So the deluxe and mod resorts are just another hotel/motel to me.
All Star is like being in the heart of the Magic and that is where I want to be.

All Star Music is my favorite. It is quieter because more couples stay there. I love staying at the Calypso building. It is closer to the pool, food court and bus stop.

Here is a site with a map of All Star Sports and All Star Music.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/allstarmap.htm
Scroll down. All Star Music is at the bottom of the page.
The Calypso buildings at All Star Music are #1 and #10 are nearest to the food court and bus stop.

The Calypso pool at ASMu has Donald Duck.

The buses are wonderful.

Bus rides are quite short from the ALL Stars according to PassPorter.com

All Star Buses-CBR buses---POPbuses--PO buses--- Contemporary
MK 20 min---- 20 min-----25 min------10 min---20 min(mono)
Epcot 10 min-- 15 min-----20 min------10 min---15 min
MGM 10 min----12 min-----15 min------15 min---20min
AK 10 min------20min-------15 min----15 min---20 min
DTD 15 min----20 min------20 min-----15 min---35 min

It only takes 10 minutes to get to Epcot, MGM and AK from All Stars.
MK is 20 min away. That's the same amount of time it takes on the monorail from the Contemporary.

A WORD ABOUT BUS SHARING

To me Bus Sharing at the All Stars is really a non issue.

In the mornings during Park opening hours each All Star usually has a dedicated bus.
During mid day it is usually just our stop and maybe one more on the way to the parks. On the way back sometimes it is all 3 but often Sports and Music share and Movies has it's own bus back. Each of the All Stars usually has it's own dedicated bus back from the MK.
That is a big plus. It seems like the Music bus stop usually has the shortest of the three All Star bus lines.

I guess some people who stay at POP see all 3 All Star names on the return sign of our bus stop when they head to the POP bus stop and think All Stars also has 3 stops on the way to the park.
(Even when we stop at another AS resort to load up it has not taken more than 5 minutes and we are on our way!)

The pools at The All Stars are very kid friendly.

When staying at the All Stars you can use any of the All Star pools.That means 3 main pools ,3 quiet pools and 3 kiddie pools to chose from.

The All Star Movie Fantasia pool has Mickey.

The Calypso pool at ASMU has Donald Duck.

And the Surfs up pool at All Star Sports has giant surf boards.

Here are a few pool photos.

astar3.jpg

All Star Sports pool.

allstar-music2_lg.jpg

All Star Music Donald pool.

asmv20.jpg

All Star Movies Mickey Pool.

I have visited WDW more than a dozen times with the 1st time in Oct. 1971. It was brand new. I've stayed at FW, Disney Inn, a few the of Hotels on hotel Blvd., CBR and the towers at the Contemporary. I got to see the MK from my balcony at the Contemporary and I'm happy I got to experience it once. I just prefer the All Star Resorts.
The theming is pure Disney.
My last 5 visits have been at The All Stars and last fall when we took dd,dsil, and our grandson age 3 for 8 nights we stayed at the All Stars Music. I thought about AKL and even though we can well afford AKL I just wanted Alex to experience the Disney Magic :wizard: at the All Stars on his first visit.
Where else can one find Donald Duck or Mickey Mouse at the pool?

Have a great time at Disney wherever you choose to stay!

We stayed at ASMo last year and thought it was great! We took notice that the Music bus was the least crowded when we were going home from the parks. Our room at Movies ( Mighty Ducks ) was right next to the Music main building/bus stop so we took the Music bus home and just walked across the road to our room! We got a peek at Music by doing that, so that is why we chose Music this year.

All the value resort themes have equal appeal to me. POP is the farthest away from the parks, with the longest bus rides so aside from it being the newest value resort I just don't understand why everyone seems to be going there. My goal is to get to and from the parks in the least amount of time.

So that's why I asked who'll be there! Thanks for your input eyeryone!
:wave2:

WDWCommandos - Hey neighbor! :wave2: We live one town over from you! :teeth:

I stayed at All-Star Music last May, and will again in September for a quick trip. It was OK, though I prefer POP by a long shot! I found POP had shorter route buses (to Epcot and MGM and DTD), but All-Star Music had less crowded buses, which pleasantly surprised me. POP is newer, and I feel more in the center of the action there. You can even see fireworks from POP. At All-Star Music, I found it was quiet and isolating, but of course I had a room in the furthest building from everything (Country Fair)! I can clearly see the wear and tear at All-Star Music, as compared to the newer POP. I found POP's food court FAR better - just newer, and more selections. :)

BUT that being said, I am coming right back to All-Star Music on my next trip! Main reason is I got a good discount that wasn't available at POP! :teeth: But overall, Music was nice. My only real complaint was when I was there in May, private parties or school groups literally took over the Piano pool every night. They were so loud and noisy that I even saw security there a couple of times. I never swam in it once. The main pool was fine. So when people talk about overwhelming school groups, they aren't kidding! Though it probably happens at certain times of the year with certain events.

So basically I prefer POP, but I go where the discounts are! Music was certainly OK for me. :)

When you hear people saying "This resort is closer or That resort is closer" REMEMBER that there are 4 parks!!! Not ONE. (plus 2 water parks!) No one resort is closer to ALL the parks than another. One resort may be closer to Magic Kingdom, but it wont be closer to Animal Kingdom too. So to say POP is further away isnt exactly true. Its an Animal Kingdom property so I assume its closer to AK than say All Stars would be. Obviously the AK Lodge is closer to AK, but it wont be closer to MK. You'd have to see the WHOLE map of ALL Disney to really compare. Savvy? pirate:

!@#$% said:
When you hear people saying "This resort is closer or That resort is closer" REMEMBER that there are 4 parks!!! Not ONE. (plus 2 water parks!) No one resort is closer to ALL the parks than another. One resort may be closer to Magic Kingdom, but it wont be closer to Animal Kingdom too. So to say POP is further away isnt exactly true. Its an Animal Kingdom property so I assume its closer to AK than say All Stars would be. Obviously the AK Lodge is closer to AK, but it wont be closer to MK. You'd have to see the WHOLE map of ALL Disney to really compare. Savvy? pirate:

According to this website:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/Resorts/resort-distances.htm

From ALL STARS to:

Magic Kingdom: 7 miles

Epcot: 4 miles

Disney MGM Studios: 2 miles

Animal Kingdom: 3 miles

From POP CENTURY to:

Epcot: 3 miles

Disney MGM Studios: 3 miles

Animal Kingdom: 5 miles

minnie61650 said:
According to this website:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/Resorts/resort-distances.htm

From ALL STARS to:

Epcot: 4 miles

Disney MGM Studios: 2 miles

Animal Kingdom: 3 miles

From POP CENTURY to:

Epcot: 3 miles

Disney MGM Studios: 3 miles

Animal Kingdom: 5 miles

POP's a bit farther away, in my opinion.
AS's to parks - 7+4+2+3= 15 miles worth of bus rides
POP to Parks - 7+3+3+5= 18 miles worth of bus rides

I just wanted to know who was going to ASMu and why so many to POP. Sorry this turned into a fact finding conversation on park distances. :wave2:

Once again I say make the best of everything. The bus rides are fun if you find someone from another part of the country (or your home town) to talk to while riding. Weve gotten in good conversations and "Wow! Were there already!"

Just your point of view. :cool1:

we will be there sept 18th - 23rd. we like it better than pop because the food court is less crowded.

overplanner said:
we will be there sept 18th - 23rd. we like it better than pop because the food court is less crowded.
Like I said earlier I see many people from this board going to POP. Far more than the other VALUE Resorts it seems. So I can see why the food court would be more crowded at POP. The food courts are all about the same size, I would think, right?

I think from what I hear from other people that Music will be what we like the best, more adults and couples.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter