ASMovies standard or Pop Preferred?

zakatak

<font color=deeppink>Cinderella looked at me like
We decided to head to WDW this weekend to enjoy the weather and use up my AP. We have a choice of All Stars Movies standard or POP Preferred. Which would do and why?

I just started reading the last POP thread about the stain and now I'm getting worried. As of now, we're booked at Pop preferred 60's bldg.

We have children who are not that fond of walking tons and too big for strollers. I was worred about being too far at ASMovies, but now I'm worried about POP and the beds.

Any suggestions?

I am sure that the bed situation (which I did read about) isn't the norm. I wouldn't be to worried if I were you.

We did stay at Pop and enjoyed it very much. I like it a little better than the All Stars (even though I have only stayed at Sports).

Me personally though, I wouldn't pay for a preferred room. There are some non preferred rooms that are just as close if not closer and even the farther away rooms aren't that far away anyway - at least I don't think so.

Of course if that is all that is avail then thats a different story.

The bed was SOOOOO hard that my back & hips hurt for days! Not to mention the theft by mousekeeping....I won't even get into that. The ambiance is nice, but I'm REALLY glad I had the $55 deal/night. Anything more than that is a rip off!

I absolutely love POP! The castmembers there went out of their way to be extra friendly... The beds were standard hotel beds but i definatly wasn't "hurting for days" The theming and ambiance is way too cool... It's really not that spread out either... If you can book a fifties room I would do that before booking a preferred room...we are staying in preferred in March but only b/c they are the only ones left... The 60's section (preferred) is very cool though you will enjoy staying there... there are lots of added perks that you don't get at the other value resorts too like fountains your kids can play in, toilitries in your room, lots more theming, nice music, cast member dances in the morning, The super nifty bus station like pick up area, plus i think its in a better location than the all stars... very cool stuff i think you will enjoy this newer resort... don't listen to *all* of the bad stuff you hear most of it is bologna... or umm..however you spell it :earboy2:

I stayed at Pop last August for 10 nights. I loved this resort. I previously stayed at POFQ and CBR (both moderates) and liked Pop better.

I stayed at a preferred building and thought it was nice being close, but like previously stated, if you could get a room in the 50s section, you would be just as close to Classic Hall. My wife really liked the 60s section (which is the preferred building) and wants to stay there again.

Don't listen to all the negative things about this resort, I had a very positive stay and like you I was really nervous about staying at a value. I think this resort is definitely up to Disney standards and can't wait to go back.

As far as the bed sheet thing, that can happen anywhere.

Go to Pop and have fun. It really is a cool resort.

i know i cannot ask for a room number..BUT may i ask for a certain section?if so,,what do u reccomend?I guess they all "have the same stuff..etc",,I wonder which one "looks"cooler(maybe thats up to each person i know,,BUT what do U think)

every section has something about it that makes me want to stay there... if your planning on using the pool id request an upper (quieter) floor of the 50's building looking down on the pool... they are all good rooms and fairly close to the check-in buildings... the 60's is still a great section but i might request a room in the courtyard/pool section because they are closer to check-in/ transportation etc. remember you may not get what you request too... hoestly i would probably stay anywhere except on the outsides facing the parking lots... i like the insides... more immersive

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter