AsMo vs. POP

parith1114

DIS Veteran
Headed back to the world in May...just a quick mother/daughter trip. We have stayed at POP several times, but have never stayed at All Star Movies. I think the theme of the resort looks fun, and have booked it for our stay, but now I'm second guessing myself. For those that have stayed at POP and AsMo which would you choose? Is it convenient to walk to the other All Stars the same way it is to AoA?

The theme of All Star Movies is fun, but the wait for the bus has always been such a hassle when we stay there. The transportation is shared, so the stops always goes Sports, Music THEN Movies, and often time you are waiting much longer than you would at Pop Century. It isn't connected to the other All Stars the way that Pop is to AOA. But, if you don't mind waiting for transportation then I say do it and see how you like it! It's always good to switch up resorts every now and then :)

I have stayed at both multiple times, and while Pop has kind of become our "home resort," so to speak, I don't think you'll regret a switch to AsMo. I like the theming of Pop just a little bit better, but I like AsMo as well. Since recent menu changes at Pop, I'm considering booking AsMo for our next trip because I like their food options better and there's no other downsides (in my experience) that wouldn't make that switch worth it for that reason. I've never had the bus issues that other people report in my several stays at AS resorts. That's not to say, of course, that others haven't had problems, but I think they can be exaggerated on the boards sometimes or made to seem like that is how it always is. And while the AS resorts aren't connected the way Pop and AoA are, it is a very easy walk across a parking lot to get to the next AS resort. The walk is certainly less scenic than Generation Gap bridge, but it is definitely a doable walk. In fact, I would take regular walks to the neighboring AS resort just for their ice cream (one of them only serves gelato :worried:)! I say keep your reservation. You may find that you don't like it as much, but I don't think you'll regret trying it out.

Pop is a fan favorite here on DIS but everytime this question comes up I stand up for the All-Stars! I stayed in ASMo last year and it was fantastic. We were in the Toy Story section (preferred room) which was a great, quiet location. The room was in excellent, clean condition (which I can't stay for our room at Pop the previous year.) The resort was nice- small/cozy. During our stay the buses only shared during slow, mid-day times.

Pop is a fan favorite here on DIS but everytime this question comes up I stand up for the All-Stars! I stayed in ASMo last year and it was fantastic. We were in the Toy Story section (preferred room) which was a great, quiet location. The room was in excellent, clean condition (which I can't stay for our room at Pop the previous year.) The resort was nice- small/cozy. During our stay the buses only shared during slow, mid-day times.
The POP people have worn me down. I'm glad you said something!

The bus issue is so overblown. The All-Star buses (only sometimes shared as you said) are usually very efficient.

Yes, I've stayed at both places. POP didn't impress me.

I've stayed at both back to back and prefer Pop, because of its proximity to the AoA food court (and bus stop option) and that it doesn't share busses, which was my biggest gripe.

I vote Pop because it feels less dated, and in my experience, the bus service was fantastic.

I think I'll stick with AsMo then. We'll have a rental car so there is a chance we may not use the buses. I think trying all the resorts would be fun, so I'm going to keep our reservation and check this one off the list. Any recommendations for standard room location?

I always pick the best bargain.... usually that's an allstar

I have stayed at Pop three or four times and tried Movies for my short trip last October. I enjoyed it. I stayed in the Dalmatians section (it may have been a preferred room though) and found it convenient to the main building and transportation. It was also just a short walk to the food court and transportation at Music. I am considering staying at Music next because I liked the food court. The design was more adult and much quieter. Right now I am booked at Pop again because it is "home base," but I may decide to change to Music as it gets closer. I didn't have any problems with buses either. One afternoon before MNSSHP I had one of the extra long buses all to myself going to MK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter