Asking for prayers....Updated Aug 31st......updated Oct 1, 2010

My DH walked out of the house today & down to the corner, which is like 3 houses down from us. He used his walker & it took about 15 minutes, slow & steady :thumbsup2

Corey is still on the ventilator, not completely ready to be taken off. He has more surgery to undergo on Monday. He is not giving up & a true fighter!

MSNBC had a segment on about Corey's Platoon. It gives a detail description of what our men are going through out there. Corey is even listed in it. It brought tears to my eyes what they are having to deal with there. Please read it.... several in Corey's unit have been hurt like him. Please pray for all of them.... they all need the prayers.

http://photoblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/07/22/4724384-we-dont-have-enough-power-to-fight

images

:cheer2: For your DH :cheer2:. That is great news!

:sad1: It makes me so sad reading all of that. The tragedies involved. I pray for the soldiers, their families, and their loved ones all the time. It is just awful IMHO :sad1::sad2:

keep praying for Corey.. he is in surgery again today. So far he has not been taken off the ventilator. He was in a lot of pain yesterday & was running a temp.. which could mean infection... :sad2:

images

Hope things go well with Corey's operation today.

thanks for the news and I hope your husband has had a good day.

Hugs
Quasar

Corey had one tube taken out of him yesterday, & they were going to try to do a swollen test to place him on solid foods for today. They did not do it, he was in a lot of pain & they are doing a CT on him to see if there is something else going on in his stomach. This poor boy, it is one thing after another.. please keep praying for him & his family.. as well as all the other service members at Walter Reed Hosp...

The prayers my wife and myself in my church are with you all.

May God bless you,
Harold

My husband is doing better, he goes back to the doc tomorrow to find out if he will have to have that second surgery on his neck...he still is having problems moving around. He has good & bad days.

now on to Corey..
Corey is out of ICU, he has had over 20 surgeries. He is a real trooper at only 22 years old. President O'Bama went to visit him yesterday! :goodvibes He actually pinned Corey's Purple Heart on him.. Here is the link to Corey's facebook with the pictures...hope it works...
http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=91422&fbid=114683111920143&id=100001353645864

Here is the link to the story in my local paper...
http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=20108310349

I want to thank everyone for their prayers.. and to ask that they keep coming.. they are working..:grouphug:

This week has been a rough one for me. My DH had surgery on his neck/spine. He seems to be doing well & with any luck may be home tomorrow.

However a friend of my DD's was shipped off to Afghanistan. He has only been there 3 weeks & has already been wounded. He was hit by an IED while on patrol. He is only 21 years old and has lost both legs (one from the torso down & other from just above the knee). He has also lost all his fingers on his left hand. During surgery, they found wounds in his stomach area too. He was set to be flown back to the States to the Walter Reed Hospital yesterday but took a turn for the worse. He is currently being treated in Germany. His family left today to join him there. Please say a prayer for him. His name is Corey Kent. :sad2:
I am quoting my original post to share some updated news..

First...my DH is still not back to work. He found out he would not have to have the second neck surgery :cool1: His neuro surgeon is not "releasing" him from his care, but is allowing him to now see the ortho for the rotator cuff surgery. He will have that surgery on Oct 28th.. so we are looking at possibly being out of work until Jan 2011.. but things are looking better for him. He still has pain from the neck surgery but can walk & even drive short distances..

Second.. PFC Corey Kent.. he is doing fantastic considering all that he has gone thru.. He has had many many surgeries over the last few months. He is out of ICU.. and today, he may even possibly be moved to a therapy center so he can start on some PT... he has had a slew of famous visitors.. O'Bama, Miss USA, the Mets, Tucker Maxx, the Phillies, the Packers, and some others that I cannot remember..
Over all, I think he is doing great.. he still has a long road to recovery, but the light is at the end of the tunnel now.. and with continued prayers and good medical care, he seems to be beating the odds that were against him..

:goodvibes
I just wanted to give everyone an update on my daughter's friend Corey.. he is at the Super Bowl!!!!:thumbsup2 He is still a patient at Walter Reed Hosp, but doing a heck of a lot better than what he was. The outlook is like 100% better. Here is a story from our local news the other day.. I am just thrilled.....

http://www.winknews.com/Local-Florida/2011-02-04/Wounded-Cape-Coral-solider-scores-free-ticket-to-Superbowl

Wounded Cape Coral solider scores free ticket to Super Bowl
Story Created: Feb 04, 2011 at 5:16 PM America/New_York

CAPE CORAL, Fla.- A wounded Cape Coral solider is granted a dream come true.

Private First Class Corey Kent has weathered a long road to recovery after suffering extreme injuries during combat in Afghanistan. But today, he's celebrating the surprise of a lifetime. He scored a top-notch ticket to the Superbowl, free of charge.

General David Petraeus selected Corey, along with four other wounded soldiers, to take a few tickets off his hands...50-yard line seats to the Superbowl. The guys are flying out to the game First Class, thanks to the generosity of an anonymous donor.

Corey's stepdad, Dan Ashby, says the die-hard Packers fan is ecstatic.

"Going to the Superbowl is one thing, but going to see your team-- that's the icing on the cake," Ashby said Friday.

The trip will mark Corey's first time travelling alone outside Walter Reed Army Hospital in Washington, D.C. Corey's endured months of rehabilitation there after losing both legs and the fingers on one hand in combat.

"I just focus on what I'm doing on a day to day basis, try to keep all that straight and heal up as fast as I can," Kent told WINK's partners at the News-Press last month.

But taking off for the game was no easy feat. First, Corey had to convince doctors he could take care of himself for the weekend.

"Corey's like no problem, I can do that. I'll take care of the meds and whatever else I have to do. He wasn't going to let anything stand in his way on going on the trip," Ashby said.

Corey's taking in his first ever pro-football game in high style. On Saturday, he's touring the stadium, and on Sunday, he'll be cheering on Green Bay from a suite on the 50-yard line.

"I said, this isn't the way it usually works when you go to a football game, so don't get too used to this!" Ashby chuckled.

Tonight, Corey's packing up his things and preparing to fly out to the game on his own. He tells family he's ready for his first stab at independence, Superbowl-style.

"This is going to be good for him. He's going to see that he can do things on his own and he can be away from the hospital and nothing is going to happen," Ashby said.

Kent will fly out with another wounded solider at Walter Reed Hospital for the game early Saturday morning.

:cool1::banana::cheer2::yay::woohoo::goodvibes:thumbsup2
Oh.. and he is a die-hard Packers fan... forgot to mention that.. party::jumping1::jumping2:
He is probably having the time of his life sitting in that box right now...and he so does deserve it...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

now on to my DH....he on the other hand isn't doing 100%.. he is going to the ortho this week to be released as far as his shoulder goes, but he is going to be headed back to the neurosurgeon as soon as he can get an appointment. It looks like he may need that second surgery on his neck after all :sad2:

So thrilled that Corey is having this experience, it must be wonderful to be able to spend some time away from the hospital and the long hard slog of rehab.

Thanks so much for the update, I shall pass the news on to my mum's bible study group that continue to pray for Corey.

I am sorry that things are not going well for your husband and shall keep him in my thoughts. Big hugs to you and your family:grouphug:

Quasar

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter