asking for non-smoking?

dani0622

Mouseketeer<br><font color=00cc00>Blames the DIS f
Is it difficult to get this requested fulfilled for resort rooms? DH has very serious health issues that make it very bad for him to be near smoke and smokers.

If he has health issues, be sure to tell them when you book the room. They should be able to guarantee non-smoking if it's health related. Just as an FYI though, we've had ns rooms but had neighbours who smoked right outside our door. It made it very unpleasant at times, but there's no way for Disney to guarantee you're going to get non-smoking neighbours.

MaryLiz

Thank you! I'll try to see if there are non-smoking buildings.

I have always requested non-smoking and have always gotten it. My son and I both have asthma so we can't be near it either. I'm sure you won't have a problem. Where are you staying?

Where are you staying. Most resorts have more non smoking that smoking rooms so you shouldn't have a problem as long as the reservation is noted it is for medical reasons.

We once got stuck in a smoking room after requesting non-smoking, so it does happen. They weren't going to move us (said their was no availibility) but I persisted. I said it didn't matter what resort, as long as it had a bed and was non-smoking. This was July 4, 2004 at Pop Century. It was just for one night before we checked into the Poly. After much back and forth, they finally "found" us a non smoking room at Pop.

I know make sure to say I need a non-smoking room for medical reasons. We do not have asthma or breathing issues, but we just can't tolerate the smell. I think it is ridiculous in this day and age, with all the health implications of second hand smoke, that Disney cannot guarantee non-smoking rooms.

My husband just can't breathe very well if he's exposed to smoke for any longer than a few hours. We never had a problem with getting non smoking at Disney World (and we've been quite a few times). Except when we checked in later at night at Pop Century (must be a theme with that resort). My husband said it was unacceptible and we were ready to go offsite. The CM asked if we had a medical reason for the request. We were honest and said nothing diagnosed but it just wasn't an environment we wanted to spend the weekend in. Five minutes later, we were in a preferred non smoking room. Now, every time I get a room, I request non smoking for health reasons. My health (not an anti-smoking flame but we don't live it that environment at home for free, I'm not living in it when I'm paying).

My son has asthma and due to this we requested a non-smoking room. They were very good about accomodating us. i noticed on the copy of the room reservation where it said non-smoking requested it also said medical .

My son has a minor heart condition and smoking is out of the question. I called and the CM said they couldnt guarantee it but I could request on. I called back and asked to be connected to someone else I think it was special reservations and they put it in the computer as a guaranteed non-smoking room

My husband is a cancer patient and I get severe migraines from smoke so as you can imagine we always ask for a non-smoking room. Only one time did we get put in a smoking room and I noticed it as soon as we opened the door. Went right down and got another room. The number of people who want/need non-smoking rooms seems to be increasing. IMHO Disney does a wonderful job.

Have a great vacation!!

You definitely will have no problem getting a non-smoking room as I never have. Besides, as others have said, I think today non-smokers far outweigh the smokers.

Thank you everyone for your tips. We will be staying either at POR or POFQ! Booking this weekend so trying to make final resort decision!!

We have always requested NS rooms and didn't have a problem until last year. Just requesting it is not the same as stating a "medical request". It seems that the resorts set aside rooms for the medical requests but the regular requests are not quaranteed. We arrived at OKW at 11:30pm to find that they did not have a NS villa. We did not budge and they finally found us a villa. It appears to be the same for other resorts.

If you have a medical request, be sure to state it when you make your ressie.

My sons have asthma so we always request (and need) nonsmoking rooms. Our TA has told us it is medically guaranteed for us. We have never had a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter