Asking for a friend...

prgal0715

Disney Princess-in-Training
No, really! I am asking for a friend. :)

My boss and his wife are taking their two daughters, ages 6 and 8, to WDW for the first time next week. AND THEY HAVE NO ADR's. (I'm getting anxiety just writing that!) Anyway, they've asked for my help with dinner choices for Saturday and Sunday evening. Surprisingly, there are some good restaurants available if they're flexible with time. My recommendations include the Garden Grill, Kona Cafe, Hoop-Dee-Doo and Liberty Tree Tavern. (They're staying at WL and only have a couple of days so I don't want to send them all over property.) What other dining experiences would you suggest? I don't have kids so I may be missing something fantastic. TIA!!

I would try for a character meal. With daughters 1900 PF would be a lot of fun. Tell them to keep trying for character ADRs even if none are available now -- especially first thing in the morning while they are there. With the cancellation policy things open up during your trip. My kids also really enojoy Biergarten in Epcot -- they show is really fun for everyone.

To get an idea of what is available, I checked for Saturday and Boma is available as is 50's Prime Time, Biergarden, Garden Grill, Tusker House. Any of those would be good.

Whispering Canyon seems pretty easy to get into, is fun, and is in that magnificent resort where they are staying. I agree with the PP, there is often availability the day of due to the cancellation policy. Park Fare would be great for a family with kids and would be a boat ride (well, actually 2 boat rides) away.

I did tell them to check for openings during the 24-hour cancellation window. It seems to work quite well, even for hard to get ADR's.

Saturday and Sunday the 13th and 14th?

Or

Saturday and Sunday the 20th and 21st?

I wouldn't stress too much about it really! I'm sure they will find something.

Also, since it's their first trip, they may not want too many sit down meals. It does take your time to do them. We don't do many of them at all. We find so many of the counter service places to have what we like (not burgers and fries, but the more interesting things).

If they only have a couple of days and are going to try to see shows or do a few rides, they may not want to eat up their time sitting at a restaurant as much.

Valentine's day as well as a holiday weekend. I do hope they're prepared for crowds!

Here the schools all have a four day weekend!

If they want a Character meal, Garden Grill, Tusker House and Minnie's Dine are all available on the 13th

The 14th is slim pickings for characters.

Just Garden Grill or Tusker House. For dinner

7:55 AM at Cape May Cafe for breakfast

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter