• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

askershus breakfast or crystal palace breakfast

tiff1228

Earning My Ears
We are going May29-June3 and I am going back and forth with my reservations. I see mixed reviews for the Princess breakfast. I have a 6 year old daughter and a 10 year old son. Which has better food and/or character interaction?:confused3

I think it depends on what you want. Akershus has better character interaction but CP has better and more variety of food. I know that doesn't help much, but if you want the princess interaction I would choose Akershus, if you want the better food, CP!

We LOVE Akershus breakfast, it is our tradition to eat there on our first full day (I always make an ADR before the park opens). The food (especially the cheesy potatoes), atmosphere, character interaction, and service is awesome. We also like CP as well, I especially like it because it has Pooh and the Gang which I am a huge fan of (Just look at my Avatar and name). The food is typical breakfast fare with a fun atmosphere. For our May trip we are doing both and cannot wait :goodvibes

I agree with Jlhill, the food was much better at CP. I think the characters were fun there too, they do a little parade every once in a while that the kids love. Also, if you get a chance to make the reservation before the park opens, it is really cool walking down a nearly empty main street. You can get some great pics of the castle there. Unless you really want to see the princesses, I'd go with CP.

My 11 year old girl was thrilled that we had breakfast with the princesses (after I told her there were no such meals ;)). However, we felt the character interaction with the princesses as almost nil.

We also had breakfast at Crystal Palace and this same girl was happier!! Which totally surprised me as she never reads or watches Winnie the Pooh. Much more character interaction, we loved the atmosphere better (and seeing Cinderella's castle from our table-side window!), and the food was better and way more variety.

We have done a meal with the princesses and from now on it's CP for us!

Breakfast at askershus is great - if it is any other meal, run..... The advantage for Askershus is that you get the free picture as part of the meal. You get to sit down and be served. And it appears to be a little less noisy.

We enjoy both, but I would wait and do Crystal Palace in the evening and only do Askershus for breakfast.... All the adults in my party wanted to order from the children's menu for the later meals of the day.

We did 4 character meals on our trip in November (free dining plan and sheer luck getting the adrs). We all really disliked Akershus. The food was pretty awful and the character interaction was just ok. We had much better princess experiences at CRT and 1900 Park Fare.

The breakfast at Akershus was a small cold buffet with some pastries and yogurts and the family style breakfast was cold runny scrambled eggs, sticky potato casserole and some very uncrispy bacon. I felt it was a total waste of a dining credit and I can't imagine paying $35.99/pp or whatever the price is now for that place! I will say the picture with Belle was beautiful.

The Crystal Palace is in a great location, has a ton of variety at the buffet and I would recommend it 100 times over Akershus.

Depends on the characters. I've done Akershus and the food was good. I HATE runny eggs and when the waitress came around for drink orders, I asked for our eggs to be well done and that's what they gave me - fresh, piping hot, well done eggs. The potato casserole was tasty too, as were the pastries. Character interaction was good but a little rushed. It was partly because my DDs were so star struck, they didn't know what to say! Akershus includes a picture, CP does not. We are not doing Akershus in March - we'll be at CRT instead. We are trying CP for the first time though as we would like to dine with Pooh and Friends.

We are going May29-June3 and I am going back and forth with my reservations. I see mixed reviews for the Princess breakfast. I have a 6 year old daughter and a 10 year old son. Which has better food and/or character interaction?:confused3

I think both of your kids would like the character interaction at Akershus. I'm wondering if Pooh and Friends might be a bit too juvenile for your son.

I think it depends on what you want. Akershus has better character interaction but CP has better and more variety of food. I know that doesn't help much, but if you want the princess interaction I would choose Akershus, if you want the better food, CP!

We actually liked the food and character interaction at Akerhus much better than Crystal Palace.

Seems like you have a mixed bag... we chose Askershus. Have done CP twice (for breakfast and dinner) and didn't care for it either time (other to get into MK early). Our favorite time at Askershus is 10am... can take our time and it is more like brunch.

We've always had good food at Akershus - we thought the eggs were especially good the last time. I'd say the food is a notch better than that at CP, but not overwhelmingly so, and CP does have more traditional choices, whereas Akershus has a cold buffet that features some unique items. I've had my fair share of limp bacon at CP though (or really at any breakfast buffet - it happens).

We had much better princess experiences at CRT and 1900 Park Fare.

We had breakfast at 1900 Park Fare one day and loved the character interaction there as well. Mad Hatter and Alice actually sat down with the kids and talked with them. Mad Hatter was a little upset that my daughter did not have a "specific" autograph page for him like she did for other characters :rotfl:

I think both of your kids would like the character interaction at Akershus. I'm wondering if Pooh and Friends might be a bit too juvenile for your son.

I thought CP would be too juvenile as well (for my 11 year old daughter) so I was surprised when she asked for CP over Lilo & Stitch. To my surprise, CP turned out to be her favorite! :confused3

Food wise Crystal Palace is more kid friendly with more basic breakfast staples. But the character interaction is better at the princess breakfast. They have enough basic items there to make your meal enjoyable. IMHO

We always eat at CP on our first full day. We make an 8:05 am reservation and walking down Main Street when it is virtually deserted is an added bonus. ( Plus, we love the puffed French toast and breakfast lasagna.)

I say Crystal Palace :) Especially because you have a 10-year-old son too. And the character interaction is great!

My vote would be fore CP. We took our 2 yo daughter to both last year. We did not care for the food at AK at all and thought the food at CP was the best of the charecter breakfasts we tried. I would do AK again only if our daughter really likes princesses as she gets older. Is your DD a big fan of the princesses or do you think she would like all charecters equally. Another consideration is your son. How does he feel about princesses. He might prefer the experience with Winnie the Pooh and friends.

Both are fun and I'm sure you'll have fun which ever you choose.

Have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter