Ask Me Anything

My Granddaughter is 10 years old. She has been on 8 Disney cruises. The last couple of cruises she didn't really want to go to the Oceaneers Club/Lab. We got her to go a few times, but she never wanted to stay long. I think she would enjoy Edge more. I heard you can sign a waiver for 10 year olds to go to Edge. Is this true? Would she still be able to go to Oceaneers? She has a 3 year old sister. We would like her to be able to go into Oceaneers with her sister sometimes. But most of the time, I believe she would prefer Edge.

My Granddaughter is 10 years old. She has been on 8 Disney cruises. The last couple of cruises she didn't really want to go to the Oceaneers Club/Lab. We got her to go a few times, but she never wanted to stay long. I think she would enjoy Edge more. I heard you can sign a waiver for 10 year olds to go to Edge. Is this true? Would she still be able to go to Oceaneers? She has a 3 year old sister. We would like her to be able to go into Oceaneers with her sister sometimes. But most of the time, I believe she would prefer Edge.
It's up to the CMs onboard (in Edge) whether they will let kids "age up" into a club they aren't the correct age for.
You'll have to check with them once onboard.

Im wondering about the Nursery for my twins. They will be 2 months away from being 3. They are basically potty trained. We go in December. Their brothers are 4 & 6. Will the nursery be good for them? I worry it'll be too young. Do they have enough for the older edge of the spectrum in there?

Trying to fill my 6yr old in on what goes on in the Oceaneers club...does anyone have insight? We're going to be on the Fantasy in December!

Trying to fill my 6yr old in on what goes on in the Oceaneers club...does anyone have insight? We're going to be on the Fantasy in December!
I'd suggest reading through this thread in it's entirety, there's a lot of good info here.

Im wondering about the Nursery for my twins. They will be 2 months away from being 3. They are basically potty trained. We go in December. Their brothers are 4 & 6. Will the nursery be good for them? I worry it'll be too young. Do they have enough for the older edge of the spectrum in there?

Hello! Yes there will be lots of things for your twins to do in the nursery. They will do lots of craft and puzzles and games. Please remember to look out for the toddler times and open house times in the Club and Lab which you are welcome to attend. Unfortunately we cannot move children who are almost 3 up into the Club anymore.

One of my sons will be almost 4 when we cruise and is hearing impaired. He currently wears hearing aids but will probably have at least one cochlear implant by then. We have taught him spoken language at this time so he doesn't sign.
He does not need one on one attention but due to his impairment, he may not always know if a new activity is starting if there is a lot of noise and activity going on. Would a CM be willing to at least alert him if something new and exciting was starting so he didn't miss out?

One of my sons will be almost 4 when we cruise and is hearing impaired. He currently wears hearing aids but will probably have at least one cochlear implant by then. We have taught him spoken language at this time so he doesn't sign.
He does not need one on one attention but due to his impairment, he may not always know if a new activity is starting if there is a lot of noise and activity going on. Would a CM be willing to at least alert him if something new and exciting was starting so he didn't miss out?

Hi! While we do announce all programs over the microphone, Counselors in each particular area will encourage all children to participate so he will not miss out :)

A few questions about the nursery on the Wonder.
1. If my 13 month old is in there at lunchtime, what are the food options? Is food brought in for him to eat? He probably won't be taking a bottle anymore and already just eats what we eat (hates baby food). Do I need to pack him stuff to eat? I know my 3.5 year old will be fed but wasn't sure about the baby :).
2. My 13 month old is used to sleeping in his own bed and fusses for a while before finally sleeping. What is the process like in the nursery? I don't want him keeping others awake. Should I plan to get him to sleep before dropping him off?

Hello :) what we tend to find is that the older children do not want anything to do with the little ones. No they are not separated at all. Contrary to popular belief, there is never a time in the Club that is unplanned or unsupervised. There will always be a Counselor playing a game or running an activity. We all look out for the little ones to ensure that they have a magical cruise. If you have further questions please feel free to pm me :)
Thanks so much! I am sure I will have a few more questions before we set sail!

A few questions about the nursery on the Wonder.
1. If my 13 month old is in there at lunchtime, what are the food options? Is food brought in for him to eat? He probably won't be taking a bottle anymore and already just eats what we eat (hates baby food). Do I need to pack him stuff to eat? I know my 3.5 year old will be fed but wasn't sure about the baby :).
2. My 13 month old is used to sleeping in his own bed and fusses for a while before finally sleeping. What is the process like in the nursery? I don't want him keeping others awake. Should I plan to get him to sleep before dropping him off?

Hi! If you want your son to eat certain foods you can bring some with you :) otherwise the older nursery children eat what the kids in the Club/Lab eat which could be fruit, yogurt, pasta, pizza,chicken tenders among other things. If you feel that he won't sleep then you can drop him off asleep however we are willing to try :)

My husband likes the beer tasting but I cannot tolerate all of the gluten in beer. Is there any chance I can go to the tasting with him but just have a non-gluten option while he samples??

My husband likes the beer tasting but I cannot tolerate all of the gluten in beer. Is there any chance I can go to the tasting with him but just have a non-gluten option while he samples??
Not sure this is in the field of expertise of @KT2038. I could be wrong.

This thread primarily addresses kid's club questions.

Loving this thread! We just booked our first cruise for January, and will have a 2.5 yr old and an 8 yr old. The 8 yr old is going to have a blast, my 2.5 yr old I'm not so sure about. If she does decide she will stay in the nursery, if we try for a nap or bedtime there, are there cots to sleep on as well as cribs? She's in a big bed at home and will likely be sleeping on the fold down couch in our stateroom. Thanks for all the info you've provided!

Loving this thread! We just booked our first cruise for January, and will have a 2.5 yr old and an 8 yr old. The 8 yr old is going to have a blast, my 2.5 yr old I'm not so sure about. If she does decide she will stay in the nursery, if we try for a nap or bedtime there, are there cots to sleep on as well as cribs? She's in a big bed at home and will likely be sleeping on the fold down couch in our stateroom. Thanks for all the info you've provided!

You're welcome! We do have nap mats for any children who want one :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter