Ask Me Anything

My daughter will be 2.5 on our cruise in November, and we plan to schedule some nursery time for her. She's potty trained, but still needs help getting on the toilet and with her clothes. Will the CMs in the nursery (not the clubs or lab), help her?

We're sailing on the Wonder next month. My daughter will be 17 months on our cruise and we're excited for her to be in Flounder's Nursery. I also see that there is "toddler time" in the morning in the Oceaneer Club. What kinds of activities do they do during that time?

Are open house hours in the Club/Lab usually pretty busy?

My daughter will be 2.5 on our cruise in November, and we plan to schedule some nursery time for her. She's potty trained, but still needs help getting on the toilet and with her clothes. Will the CMs in the nursery (not the clubs or lab), help her?

Hi! Yes they will be as to help her. Two of the Counselors will take her in and assist when needed :)

We're sailing on the Wonder next month. My daughter will be 17 months on our cruise and we're excited for her to be in Flounder's Nursery. I also see that there is "toddler time" in the morning in the Oceaneer Club. What kinds of activities do they do during that time?

Are open house hours in the Club/Lab usually pretty busy?

Hi! During toddler time, a section of the Club is closed to older children and we set up activities such as craft, puzzles, blocks, potato heads and things like that for the toddlers. And occasionally we may get visits from some very special friends :) the door to the hallway is left open, and while there are Counselors present the parents stay and play too. With open house, it really varies from cruise to cruise. Sometimes there is no one and sometimes there's people everywhere!

Just to say I did open house "Alladins adventure" last year and I was the only person who turned up (34 at the time) so it can really vary. And yes I did take part as felt so bad leaving lol. They are really fun for kids of all ages even us older ones and I could really see how taking a toddler would be great for them. The CM's make it very fun and enjoyable.

Hi! During toddler time, a section of the Club is closed to older children and we set up activities such as craft, puzzles, blocks, potato heads and things like that for the toddlers. And occasionally we may get visits from some very special friends :) the door to the hallway is left open, and while there are Counselors present the parents stay and play too. With open house, it really varies from cruise to cruise. Sometimes there is no one and sometimes there's people everywhere!
Thanks for your quick reply. This is so helpful! Thanks for taking the time to answer questions on the disboards as well as taking great care of our kids! :)

We are cruising on the Wonder in November and I am a little concerned about our 3yr olds going to the club/lab since they are at the low end of the age group. Are they some what separated by age groups? We have never been on a cruise before so we are unsure of what to expect.

We are cruising on the Wonder in November and I am a little concerned about our 3yr olds going to the club/lab since they are at the low end of the age group. Are they some what separated by age groups? We have never been on a cruise before so we are unsure of what to expect.

Hello :) what we tend to find is that the older children do not want anything to do with the little ones. No they are not separated at all. Contrary to popular belief, there is never a time in the Club that is unplanned or unsupervised. There will always be a Counselor playing a game or running an activity. We all look out for the little ones to ensure that they have a magical cruise. If you have further questions please feel free to pm me :)

Just off the Wonder and the kids (6,10 and 14) had to be bribed to leave their clubs...they had a really magical cruise. Thank you to all the wonderful counselors!!
The 14 yr old wrote his own letter for the comments box when he was told the best way to thank the couselors was to mention them by name and he wanted each one to be recognized.

Hello :) what we tend to find is that the older children do not want anything to do with the little ones. No they are not separated at all. Contrary to popular belief, there is never a time in the Club that is unplanned or unsupervised. There will always be a Counselor playing a game or running an activity. We all look out for the little ones to ensure that they have a magical cruise. If you have further questions please feel free to pm me :)
Thank You! This helps make me feel better.

Can you tell me anything specific about these OC activities: Go Fetch, Pluto's Pajama Party, The Royal Ball and Camp Out? Trying to plan the best time to go to Palo and want to schedule it when OC has cool activities. Any other cant-miss things there for the younger set? Thanks!

We are sailing on the Nov 27 on the Wonder with my wife, her parents, and our then 7 year old son. We are very excited. Our son is a wonderful little boy is a little differently abled (High Functioning Autism). First, can we make it so that his grandparents can pick him up in addition to ourselves. Second, he suffers from a communication gap and enjoys group activities but participates in his own unique way, having trouble staying still or watching or engaging in organized shows or activities. Will there be someone who can assist him or help him in the children's clubs? Is he welcomed in the children's clubs?

We will be on the Fantasy at the end of this month. Last time we didn't utilize the Oceaneer Club/Lab very much for our girls (now 10 and 7) as we had so much family fun activities going on but would like to make more use of the clubs this time. We made the mistake of not taking them to check out the clubs until later in the week and they really didn't connect with anyone. I hear that if they go early on it's better so they can make friends before any cliques start up. We actually made reservations at Palo the first night so we will take them to the MDR for their dinner and then we will take them to the club so we can go to dinner. Firstly, is it true that it's better to get the kids to the club early in the cruise? Secondly, what activities generally happen that first evening and what can they expect? Thank you so much for letting us pick your brain!

We are sailing on the Nov 27 on the Wonder with my wife, her parents, and our then 7 year old son. We are very excited. Our son is a wonderful little boy is a little differently abled (High Functioning Autism). First, can we make it so that his grandparents can pick him up in addition to ourselves. Second, he suffers from a communication gap and enjoys group activities but participates in his own unique way, having trouble staying still or watching or engaging in organized shows or activities. Will there be someone who can assist him or help him in the children's clubs? Is he welcomed in the children's clubs?

Hi! Of course he is very welcome!!! Someone will always be able to keep an eye on him and encourage him. Unfortunately we cannot provide one on one care due to the large numbers of children. Just ensure to let the Counselors know if there are things we should be careful of with him such as loud or sudden noises. Yes anyone at all can pick up your child as long as they are on the pick up list on our system. You can organise this with the Counselors when you embark. Please let me know if you have further concerns or questions!

We will be on the Fantasy at the end of this month. Last time we didn't utilize the Oceaneer Club/Lab very much for our girls (now 10 and 7) as we had so much family fun activities going on but would like to make more use of the clubs this time. We made the mistake of not taking them to check out the clubs until later in the week and they really didn't connect with anyone. I hear that if they go early on it's better so they can make friends before any cliques start up. We actually made reservations at Palo the first night so we will take them to the MDR for their dinner and then we will take them to the club so we can go to dinner. Firstly, is it true that it's better to get the kids to the club early in the cruise? Secondly, what activities generally happen that first evening and what can they expect? Thank you so much for letting us pick your brain!

Hello! Yes we definitely find that the children who attend the club or lab on the first night enjoy it more as this is when no one knows anyone and they quickly make friends. On the first night we always have a welcome party. There are often other programs running too after the welcome party, and they change depending on the ship and the cruise :)

Can you tell me anything specific about these OC activities: Go Fetch, Pluto's Pajama Party, The Royal Ball and Camp Out? Trying to plan the best time to go to Palo and want to schedule it when OC has cool activities. Any other cant-miss things there for the younger set? Thanks!

Hi! Go Fetch is a scavenger hunt activity where the Counselors will put children in teams and ask them to find things and bring them back. A team will win based on points for bringing things back first. Plutos PJ party is a favourite! The kids can wear their pjs and we play some games and dance with Pluto. The kids get given a pillow case to colour in while we watch Pluto cartoons at the end. They can keep this. I love the royal ball! Cinderella comes and teaches the children how to be princes and princesses and how to waltz. Camp out is a program where the children and Counselors pretend to be camping and play lots of games. I think that flubber in the lab and also cooking school in the lab are also great! There's another program where Peter pan comes and teaches the kids all about never land. Pirates life for me is like a pirate game show. So you wana be a pirate is also fun and the children get taught to be pirates by Captain Hook. There are so many!! :)

Hello! Yes we definitely find that the children who attend the club or lab on the first night enjoy it more as this is when no one knows anyone and they quickly make friends. On the first night we always have a welcome party. There are often other programs running too after the welcome party, and they change depending on the ship and the cruise :)
Do you find this true even for the very young kids? We didn't use children's programming at all on our last cruise, but I'm still a bit unsure how that all works.

Do you find this true even for the very young kids? We didn't use children's programming at all on our last cruise, but I'm still a bit unsure how that all works.

With the younger children it's not necessarily about making friends but becoming comfortable in the space and with the Counselors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter