• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aside from the princess issue...

martha46

Disney Every Year
How does the architecture of the Norway restaurant compare to the Castle? Never having been in the restaurant before, does it have a castle feel?

While we didn't enjoy the food at our PSB dinner, I thought the setting was lovely. I can definitely see why they've chosen Akershus for the PSB meals. From the outside, it looks like a castle - not as ornate or as awe-inspiring as Cinderella Castle, of course, but still "castle-ly" & therefore, "princess-ly"! :teeth:

Akershus is more like a country castle. The inside is pretty too - very "royal" but an understated "royalty" if that makes sense. High ceilings, arched windows, stone walls, etc. It's also very spacious inside - not as crowded as CRT. (I was kind of surprised at how small the inside of CRT is.)

We sat in a little alcove by a window and actually had a more relaxing meal than we did at CRT - if only the food had been good!

But, to answer your question, I wasn't disappointed w/ the setting at all!

Of course, this year, I have an ADR at CRT & don't currently have an ADR at PSB - but that's because of the food primarily. (And the fact that there's just "something" about eating in Cinderella Castle.) However, I've heard that the other princesses may no longer be in attendance at CRT after the changes in February, so I may be booking PSB anyway - maybe for lunch or breakfast this time.

My DH, DD17 & DD20 had breakfast at Akershus last year. I was a little worried before we went about the breakfast meal as my girls are very picky eaters. However, all 4 of us loved the meal. It was delicious. Our CM was fabulous. The girls enjoyed her so much that they asked if they could get a picture with her. We all enjoyed it so much that we are returning this year. I would agree with the "country castle" feel. It felt very elegant but understated. Just the kind of place I like.

It was like an old country house inside, wood floors, white walls, wood beams... I liked it.

The Castle is all wood panel with crests and shields and you know, castle stuff ::yes::

A country castle is how I would describe it too. We have done both the breakfast and dinner. We didn't like the dinner food, but enjoyed the breakfast. My dd loves it as much as the Castle.

Erika

I agree, once inside- you could easily forget you are dining in a "castle" at PSB- except for the princesses making the rounds ;) At CRT- there is no mistaking where you are once you are inside- with or without the princesses :)

Thank you for the excellent descriptions! It sounds ideal.

I thought a PSB breakfast for our trip in November would work well since we will be staying at the YC. There will be 11 of us: 2 DS's, 2 DDIL's, 2 DGD's (10 & 6), 3 DGS's (7, 4, & 2), DH, and me! Sounds as if the PSB breakfast would certainly please the girls!

Since all our previous trips have been only DH and me, we've had very limited exposure to character dining.

This trip is a gift to all our children and their first vist to WDW, so we want to plan a special something for everyone during our stay.

Now I need to decide which character meal would most appeal to the boys.
I'm thinking Chef Mickey's for dinner with all the napkin twirling would be a good time!

Suggestions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter