Ashley's Amazing MAW Cruise on the Wonder TR May 9-13th, 2010

Ladies and Gentleman, Boys and Girls, :lmao: We heard that a lot on the cruise. I am so sad.. I want to go back so bad. I can't even describe how magical our whole cruise was. If I could afford it I'd be going every month :-)
DH the Disney hater needs to be convinced that we must do it again at some point... Ugh..

Packing the night before:
IMG0037.jpg

IMG0035.jpg

Day 1:

The alarm went off at 4am. I was exhausted having just fallen asleep about 2am:headache: I then realize I have a UTI :mad: So I take meds.. I get them often and have meds on hand THANK GOODNESS.

I ran to look out the window and our driver was already here, we had a 4:30am pick up time. So I got dressed and got the kids and DH up and dressed inbetween running back and forth to the bathroom in pain and off we went. We didn't get a limo but a black suburban... No one cared ..we were so sleepy lol

IMG0038.jpg

IMG0039.jpg

Falling asleep in the car lol
IMG0040.jpg
IMG0042.jpg
IMG0044.jpg
IMG0045.jpg

We get to the airport early and get breakfast taco's and Oj. And me running back and forth to the bathroom a lot :( GRRRR

waiting at the airport
IMG0046.jpg
IMG0047.jpg

Doesn't Jess look tired? LOL this is WAY too early for her...he, he
IMG0049.jpg

Then we board the plane for our one hour and fifty minute flight to Orlando. By now the pain meds have kicked in and I'm not suffering much.. phew.
On the plane
IMG0050.jpg

About an hour in to the flight Ashley loses her patience and starts whining and growling about how it's takng too long and she is tired of her seat and wants to get of the plane. NOW Somehow I ge my sanity and start distracting her with my DCL book. Showing her pictures of what we will see on the ship. It works.. finally we are landing.

We get off the plane .... take a potty break and start heading down to the Cruise Line Buses. We check in, get our room keys/charging cards and loa onto the bus. The bus is really cool. It ... looks like a small ship with porthole windows. Once on the toll road.. they start a movie about our upcoming adventure. Really nice.. Different from the DCL DVD's they send out.
On the bus:
IMG0051.jpg
IMG0052.jpg

We then see the Ship... Everyone is ooohhhhhing and awwwing.. WOW It is really larger than life.

We get off the bus... get screened etc....(It's about 12:30pm) Then a lady comes up to us and asks if we are with MAW. We say yes and she says well follow me :-) We follow her and we cut through all the lines (sorry if you were in them ) ... She gets us checked right in to the kids clubs.. we get our pager and the kids get their bands and she walks us straight through the lines again to board the ship.

We are boarding the ship CM's are everywhere waving at us with Mickey hands. We stop to take a Welcome Aboard photo.
CCF01012003_00029.jpg

Then they annouce "The Bock Family" and everyone starts clapping.. I wish I would have had a picture of the kids faces.. They were like "WOW". The ship is Amazing... HUGE... Spotless, everyone is so friendly. We walk around and find and elevator to take to the 9th floor for the lunch buffet. Ton's of food.. all delicious. DH takes the girls to find a table and Topher and I get in the buffet line. We just filled up our plates and shared with the others back at the table. We are sitting by the Mickey pool. We eat.. get drinks and ice cream and it's time to head back to level 2 to find our rooms.
Our staterooms:
IMG0054.jpg

see the adjoining room door behind Ashley
IMG0055.jpg

Finally our staterooms are ready. :goodvibes Topher chose the top bunk, Ashley the bottom bunk and Jessica got the queen bed to herself in one room and DH and I get the other room. Mickey is all over the TV LOL
Jay our MAW host .. has goodies in the room waiting for us. Ash get a large sailor Mickey Mouse. Tons of bottled water, a lovely note from him, and a plate of chocolate chip cookies. The kids are in Heaven.

We all get dressed into our bathing suits and head back to deck 9 to swim. Since Ash isn't potty trained she says with DH in the toddler Splash pad and I take Topher and Jess to the pool in the middle of the deck by the huge screen. The goofy pool :-) We swim for about 30 mins and then it's time to head to our staterooms and change for the safety drill.

We all get our life vests on and go aft and up some stairs to Animator's palate (Our location to go in an emergency) The talk doesn't take long and then we head back to our staterooms. Ditch the life jackets and head back to deck 9 for the sail away party :-)
IMG0056.jpg
IMG0057.jpg
IMG0058.jpg
IMG0060.jpg

CCF01012003_00028.jpg

more later..Then you will find out why Ashley is missing from the picture :-)

IMG0067.jpg

IMG0068.jpg
IMG0069.jpg

and poor Ashley who didn't make it, we did wake up at 4am
IMG0064.jpg

Our waiter covered her up with a table cloth :-)
IMG0065.jpg

We met our awesome wait staff at our first dinner. We had Nikola from Serbia and Francisco from India...
The food was really good and service was excellent.
before I forget.. did I mention Disney has freah water pools?
IMG0071.jpg

IMG0072.jpg
Christopher and his dinner.. Notice the ketchup in the shape of Mickey :-) Also, if wanted they cut the food up for the kids ;-)
IMG0073.jpg

Francisco doing one of his many magic tricks.
IMG0074.jpg

Topher eating one of the famous Mickey Ice cream bars with sprinkles and marshmellows
IMG0075.jpg

Jess eating hers :-) Poor Ashley missed out on dinner and dessert but later had ice cream for dinner on Deck 9 LOL

Hey - Mike looks less grumpy in that pic! It is a shame Ashley isn't in it - it's a very nice shot of ya'll.

I know :( You will see why when I get to do the next installment LOL

The ship rocked DH to sleep a lot :(

Hurray! You've started! Looks great so far. I think your DH's face looks a lot like my DH's face would look if he were taken on a Disney cruise... :lmao:

I love how you didn't have to wait in line to get on the cruise! That rocks! :goodvibes Can't wait to read more!

Woo Hoo - Im lovin it!!!!

I'm here!! Great TR so far! This looks really neat. I love your pictures!!

Hurray! You've started! Looks great so far. I think your DH's face looks a lot like my DH's face would look if he were taken on a Disney cruise... :lmao:

I love how you didn't have to wait in line to get on the cruise! That rocks! :goodvibes Can't wait to read more!

Thanks I hope to do more soon. :goodvibes My MIL is coming over tomorrow and I have to finish unpacking and washing. I washed Wendy's Awesome towel shorts she sent us with the towels and socks and underwear on hot and turned everything pink.. Opps...I was tired... should have known better. I tried RIT, Carbona and bleach? Any ideas? They are holding up the washer LOL DH doesn't want to wear pink socks and underwear...:lmao:

I added to the Triton's detail above

After dinner we decided to walk around and explore the ship.. here are some pics
IMG0078.jpg

next the little kids play room.. these rooms were Amazing. About age 5 your child could choose if they wanted to go in the play room for smaller kids or bigger kids. Ours LOVED both.
The CM's were fantastic about having everyone scanned in. They were given soap and sent to wash hands in the adorable kids bathrooms. The CM's were also very good about getting the kids to all join in. The smaller kids club had a TV area with what on TV but Disney shows.. a stage and a dance floor, a cool climbing and sliding area and a computer and book area. They had scheduled activities going on all day and night. They are open from about 9am until 1am. They are also very good at check out time.. they scan your card and the kids wrist bands to make sure they match and you must know the password. Also, your kids can have a CM page you whenever they want to be picked up.. Ash paged me several times LOL
IMG0080.jpg
Ash playing in the book area with the huge connect four :-)
Jess
IMG0081.jpg

We then checked out and went to the bigger kids club.. The oceaneer lab. They had computers EVERYWHERE. Ashley was in heaven. at least 30 computers, a huge craft table, game tables, and a lab/cooking area.
IMG0082.jpg
Jess in the big kids club.
IMG0083.jpg

Topher and Ash on the computers
IMG0084.jpg

DH joining in LOL
Believe it or not.. the girls wanted us to let them stay and play for awhile :yay:
Not Topher :( GRRRR
So we walked around with him for awhile
IMG0085.jpg
On Deck 9 with new capt. Sparrow Sword from the gift shop
IMG0088.jpg
near Wavebands
IMG0090.jpg

IMG0092.jpg

We are exhausted so we go pick the girls up from the kids clubs and look what we find in our rooms
IMG0093.jpg
my room
kids room
IMG0094.jpg

Jess took the big queen bed
and then
IMG0095.jpg

Showers and bedtime.. night:love:

Hi Lisa! I'm here! YOu are off to a great start...I will have to catch up when I come back next Sunday!! Can't wait to read more. Sounds and LOOKS like loads of fun!!

The oceaneers lab looks pretty sweet! :goodvibes I can't believe that have all that cool stuff on board! I think even I would like to play in there!

Thanks :-) The play rooms were Amazing.. you saw DH playing in there LOL

Welcome :-)

Day 2 Nassau, Bahamas

We were awake early as we could hear and feel the thrusters starting to dock. LOL I have heard about it here on the boards but wow..we decided to sleep in and order room service for breakfast because we didn't have any real plans until 12:30pm.

IMG0098.jpg

DH sleeping again.. UGH
IMG0101.jpg

Hanging out in Wave Bands ready to go to Blue Lagoon to the Dolphin Encounter :-)
IMG0103.jpg

IMG0104.jpg

IMG0105.jpg

IMG0106.jpg

IMG0108.jpg

Ashley and some other kids dancing on the stage LOL
IMG0111.jpg

IMG0112.jpg

I got my new computer and doing this is much faster.. YEAH
IMG0113.jpg

The WONDER at Dock in Nassau.. as we are walking to the boat
Guess what they had right off the Dock??? A STARBUCKS!!!!! I was in Heaven.. I LOVE Startbucks Black Iced tea :-)
IMG0114.jpg

On the boat
IMG0115.jpg

IMG0116.jpg

IMG0120.jpg

See ya later Disney WOnder
IMG0130.jpg

Our Dolphin Goombay :-) After a short walk and some stairs we did a short and very informative instrction on Dolphins. And off to play with them.
IMG0127.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter