Ashley Furniture Durablend

maraki527

DIS Veteran
Dh and I are looking for new living room furniture. Does anyone have any experience with the Durablend Furniture from Ashley??

If you google Ashley Durablend Reviews you'll come across a link to a consumer website called Ripoff Report that offers some interesting perspectives. It's one site mind you but it's certainly food for thought.

Stay away from the product.

We purchased the durablend a year and a half ago and within 3 months it was wearing away.

Called Ashely they sent a tech out and we were told it was from normal where and tear. But would replace the seat covers.

About 6 months into the furniture we were cleaning behind the love seat and saw that the material had wore away to the wood on the back bottom corners. Called Ashely again and this time they told me it was because we had a dog and would not do anything for us.

11 months in the furniture, noticed that the seat covers were wearing away in the same spots that they were the first time. So I called Ashely again, to see if I could get new seat covers to get the furniture to last another year.

Finally got someone in customer service who listened to me, and the took the furniture back and gave us a credit.

The material is not all that it is cracked up to be.

Wow! That is pretty scary. So sorry that happened to you. I am definately starting to change my mind. If you dont mind me asking did you buy real leather with the credit from there?

I've had dura blend furniture for about three years now and we've had no problems. It's in our family room and gets a ton of use. We have two kids and my MIL watches another child while at my house. It's held up great so far. For the price we paid I think I have already gotten my money's worth.

I don't know about Durablend, but I know that I'll never buy another piece of furniture from Ashley. It's total garbage. Three sofas, plus one chair and half and ottoman, and they started falling apart within 2 years. Never again.

IUTBAM said:
I don't know about Durablend, but I know that I'll never buy another piece of furniture from Ashley. It's total garbage. Three sofas, plus one chair and half and ottoman, and they started falling apart within 2 years. Never again.

I am with you... Never again! We have two sofas, chair and ottoman. Sofa seat cushions are falling apart after 2 years. We had to purchase a cover for the one couch because it looks so bad. We tried to get them replaced but were told they don't make the fabric/pattern anymore. Argh!

We were looking for furniture a few years back and visited Ashley. My husband took one look and wouldn't even consider it. Since then we have talked to people who say their Ashley stuff (as well as places like Rooms to Go and other lower cost furniture stores) has fallen apart or worn through.

We ended up getting a sofa that is Flexsteel brand and it is wearing VERY well.

Oh, and our 17 year old LaZBoy leather set (sofa and 2 recliners) will not wear out! They are in the basement rec room. We got a green leather set a year or so after we got married and they look like the day we bought them. Now, we do clean and treat the leather at least once per year, which I think has really helped keep the leather nice, but they are a thick/nice leather and have held up. I don't know that I would recommend LaZBoy now because I think in more recent years they have outsourced their products to China. When we bought they were all made in the US.

I just bought new living room furniture and did a ton of research. I would avoid Ashley like the plague. The reason it's so cheap is that it's disposable.

Flexsteel gets mixed reviews, with a lot of folks saying that it's not as well made as it used to be. I would be particularly wary of their Latitudes line, which is leather furniture made in China. I read a review from one furniture dealer who had carried Flexsteel for years, but was starting to have a lot of customer complaints. There doesn't seem to be an issue with the quality of the leather, it's the underlying construction. He had to take a Latitudes recliner apart and found that in some areas it was made out of cardboard.

In general, the testimonies of people who say "I bought X brand 20 years ago and it held up great!" need to be balanced by the realization that their 20 year old experience may well be irrelevant to the way company X now makes their furniture.

Stay away from the product.

We purchased the durablend a year and a half ago and within 3 months it was wearing away.

Called Ashely they sent a tech out and we were told it was from normal where and tear. But would replace the seat covers.

About 6 months into the furniture we were cleaning behind the love seat and saw that the material had wore away to the wood on the back bottom corners. Called Ashely again and this time they told me it was because we had a dog and would not do anything for us.

11 months in the furniture, noticed that the seat covers were wearing away in the same spots that they were the first time. So I called Ashely again, to see if I could get new seat covers to get the furniture to last another year.

Finally got someone in customer service who listened to me, and the took the furniture back and gave us a credit.

The material is not all that it is cracked up to be.

Ditto! Saying there stuff is crap is being nice. We have recliner couch and bedroom furniture (master and our DS), ugh..so sorry we did it.. NEVER again. We also got the insurance and had to fight them over it! It didn't cover what they said it would.

Wish I had read this last year, I bought 2 recliners and I'm very unhappy with them. Stay away!

Ashley is the worst furniture store out there. When we bought our furniture for our home 2 years ago, we bought pieces from Ashley, Bob's and Raymour and Flannigan. Ashley's furniture is cheap and over priced and their protection plan is useless. And don't get me started on their customer service, their motto is to blame you for everything and the best is when you speak to a manager they are nothing but rude. I will NEVER shop their again. Even Bob's furniture pieces that I bought were far more superior to Ashley's and I Would have never guessed that. I wish I was steered clear of them. Save yourself time and aggregation and look somewhere else.

What brand makes the best sofa/chair/ottoman right now? Anyone bought something recently that you feel is going to stand the test of time?

Ashley is the worst furniture store out there. When we bought our furniture for our home 2 years ago, we bought pieces from Ashley, Bob's and Raymour and Flannigan. Ashley's furniture is cheap and over priced and their protection plan is useless. And don't get me started on their customer service, their motto is to blame you for everything and the best is when you speak to a manager they are nothing but rude. I will NEVER shop their again. Even Bob's furniture pieces that I bought were far more superior to Ashley's and I Would have never guessed that. I wish I was steered clear of them. Save yourself time and aggregation and look somewhere else.

how did your piece(s) from Raymour & Flanigan hold up? What did you get from there? I'm looking for a new living room set. I've heard a LOT of warnings about the crap from Ashley but how is R&F?

I like my Raymour and Flannigan dinning room set. Table, 8 chairs and 2 piece china. It came in without a scratch. It is an obvious wood upgrade from Ashley's. My bedroom set is from Ashley's and u can see all these wood splitting areas of it and spots where it is loosing its color. My dinning room still looks brand new after it has has many family dinners including several large holiday gatherings. I feel their quality is so much better... A little pricier but I feel it's worth after dealing with Ashley.

If you are looking to spend your money on COMPLETE GARBAGE, then look no further than Ashley Furniture. Purchased a DURABLEND couch and love seat from Ashley here in Austin 18 months ago. The Durablend product was touted by Ashley as having the same durability as leather. Both pieces have completely disintegrated. The flakes which have come off the pieces have landed on the floor. A niece who is a toddler almost choked on them. In my opinion, they sell "garbage". This is based on other pieces I have purchased from Ashley. One being a dining room set in which the majority of the wood chairs for the set have fallen apart, one collapsing under one of our dinner guests. Their are other competitively priced furniture dealers like Rooms to Go and IKEA and even I dare say department stores, stand by their products. Ashley is in the business of taking one's money while selling junk and warranties which are little more than worthless. Very little care is given to the customer with regards to his or her concerns!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter