Ash Tuesday flight delay!! Grrrr!!!

Soprano

Not a Disney geek
Supposed to be flying out of Gatwick on Tuesday, but now looks like that won't happen because the ash cloud will be sitting over London. At the moment nobody at Virgin knows what will happen. Fair enough.

Does anyone know what's likely to happen to us presuming Gatwick is forced to close for 24hrs?

We are on the 11.15 flight on Tuesday booked with Virgin holidays. Extra plane the next day? Would we get on Wednesdays 11.15 flight??

Got this horrible sick feeling in the pit of my stomach and a fair bit of stress...

I wouldn't mind if they said, you can stay an extra day. Logistical nightmare I know that would be, but I do hate the thought of losing a day! We're only there for two weeks...

:headache: :sad1: etc...

Hope it doesn't happen to you but at least it's been absolutely pouring with rain so hopefully it will wash the ash away

It may touch and go for you on tuesday,but i have just spoken to my sister in law who works at Manchester and she told me that a lot of Manchester customers were being shipped to other airports eg Newcastle, Gatwick, and they got away earlier today.So hopefully IF London is a no go,other airports may play a part.
I know the airlines are trying the hardest and Mr Branson is NOT best pleased with the aviation people at the moment!

We are due to fly on wednesday and i too have that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Good luck

I hope everyone gets to where they want to be :hug: This volcano doesn't seem to be getting better - I hope it dies down before the school summer holidays :sad2:

if its anything like last years swine flu cancellations (my departure to mexico was delayed by 1-2 days) they will put you on the next available flight and they WILL NOT count the delayed day(s) and knock them off your holiday.

However, my SIL went on thursday. Flight was meant to be at 10:30am (so meant to get there in afternoon), they were delayed until 10:15pm that meant they were losing the evening in florida.

They have just closed Norwich airport i heard on the news, and northern airports have been closed all day (I havent listened to news all day but thought i'd heard this yesterday?), stansted is awaiting news from teh Aviation people as to whether they have to close. So it appears the ash cloud is moving its way south over the british isles!!

Fingers crossed it doesnt shut any further airports .... but i'd speak to employers about delaying your leave like I had to last year.

Gatwick closed now, hoping to reopen in the morning!

Cloud of Death, just may pass by and if I'm really, really lucky, Gatwick will be okay!!

Forgive me for ranting, but I'm all butterflies here and see this forum as therapy at the moment.

Taking my stress out on the Xbox right now shooting people....

Looking a little bit more positive for you. I really feel for you, you should be winding down, not having your blood pressure hit the roof. Really hope you get going and have a wonderful holiday :goodvibes

Really hoping for you!!

We're due to fly with VA in 4 weeks to MCO, really hoping for us since this cloud keeps coming back. If you can't fly and have to put things back by a few days or even a week or so, do they extend your flight back by the same amount of time?
Would hate for our one trip to FL in two years (to see my sister who lives out there and the parks) cut in half...

I'm feeling pretty good right now I can tell ya!!:cool1:

Still a little nervy, but have checked in online and the plane is still due to take off on time!

I'll be happy once I'm 6 hours into the flight, going past that point of no return :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter