• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AS Sports or POP ?

Hi
How comfortable are the beds at ASSports compared to Pop currently? Both resorts used to have comfortable beds, but when Pop got new beds last year, they're rock hard and we had to change resorts. I love Pop, but won't be able to stay there anymore. I haven't stayed at Sports for a couple of years. Thanks!!!

Our bed at pop was like a brick as well but I have not stayed at sports in 12 years. Our stays at movies and music recently had good beds.

Our bed at pop was like a brick as well but I have not stayed at sports in 12 years. Our stays at movies and music recently had good beds.

Beds are definitely hard at POP, but I slept okay (probably exhausted from the parks). But I'm also used to a 6 inch thick pillow-top mattress at home... the comfier the better for me! :)

I've stayed at Sports many times including during Pop Warner. I'm in my 40's and my mother in her 70's. I'm not particularly kid friendly but they have never bothered me. Also think the bus service is excellent. Frequent, rarely do we share, and if we do then sports is picked up/dropped off first.

Thanks everyone for all the input.

I think it really speaks to how well Disney does things that both POP and ASSp have very passionate fans.

I went on the disney site today to have a look at prices again, and to check on the off chance that an LM room at AoA has opened up (still no) and I was pretty shocked to see that I can get an even better rate at ASMu than I paid for Sports on a PIN offer.

I don't know why I'm throwing another wrench at myself (glutton for punishment??) but I'm going to look at the info on the board for that resort too and take all three back to hubby later today to see what he thinks.

As I mentioned previously, I had chosen Sports because a friend had recommended it and mentioned the bus thing - but sounds like that's not as big a deal as I might have thought.

I really want to thank those of you who provided input about the AS resorts and POP Werner. I'll bring earplugs just in case but I think we'll make out ok. We'll be there at the end of the competition too so there potentially won't be as many teams left.

You folks here are the best, thanks for letting me pick your brains!

Hi all.

I'd appreciate any input and advice from those who have stayed at either of these properties.

Hubby, DDs (6 & 8) and I are currently booked at AS Sports for two nights in early December. I'm now contemplating a move to POP Century mostly because of Pop Werner, which I learnt from this board will be happening when we're there and is a major presence at the All Stars.

As background, I chose the AS for the price point and the Sports specifically because I understood that they are first on the bus route.

I briefly flirted with the idea of moving to POR but given the limited amount of time we'll actually be at the resort (arriving 8 pm on Wednesday, MK open to close on Thursday, departing 10 am Friday), I'd rather spend the price difference elsewhere. If we were going to be at the resort longer, I would pay the difference to upgrade.

Any pros/cons to switching from Sports to POP? Leaving Pop Werner aside, is one property more appealing overall than the other?

Many thanks to all- this site is wonderful!

Before my last trip, I would have said Sports was fine. And then I stayed at Sports with a couple of larger groups there. The pool (only one was open) was still going strong at 2:00 AM as was the football field. If you do stay at Sports, request and just about demand a room in the far reaches and overlooking a parking lot as that's what I will do if I ever stay there again.

I'm not saying I will never stay at Sports again but it's going to be a while. You could also switch to Music and just walk over to the Sports to board the buses first. That's what I'll do next time I consider All Stars.

I love Pop Century but switched to All Star for a change. Big mistake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter