AS Movies vs. AS Sports?

Sailing

Earning My Ears
Thinking about doing a trip to Disney next month and taking advantage of the discounted hotel rates for September. Did the pricing and it looks like AS Movies and AS Sports were the most reasonable for our visit. I checked out hotel photos and specs and they both look very similar, so I'm hoping others could share their experiences with these hotels to try and help me make our decision. Convenience to MK and other parks is most important, followed by room quality/size, hotel noise, and pools/amenities.

Also, if anyone could give any tips or room area recommendations for either hotel, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks so much! :)

Sports is the only one we have never stayed-in so I can't speak for it but ASMovies is the last value to have a refurb. I believe.

They all have the same room lay-out and size. They ALL charge extra to be close to the food/bus/main lobby.

Movies is really cute. We stayed in Toy Story (it's preferred) before and requested Dalmatians (also preferred) for our 1 night next month.

We don't do pools so I don't know anything about that part.

I could go with either one. I have stayed at both and I like both of them. I like the Movies a little more just because of the theme. I like the Sports because I like the color scheme and for the simple fact that it is the first one on the bus route and the first one off. However... there are some times when they don't share buses.

If I am not mistaken, Football is not "preferred room", so you don't have to pay extra $10 per night. We have stayed at the Football section. Great location. Close to the main lobby and the pool.

I love TS and Dalmations, and this is where we have stayed, however they are "preferred rooms" so as Fantasia bldg. MD is a little closer to Music, so you might want to walk there to catch the bus. The love Bug, Herbie is all the way in the back, far from the lobby.

We stayed at ASp in June. It was awesome! We requested the Homerun Hotel section, first floor and got it. It was on the back side (not pool facing) and very quiet. We loved being close to the pool without the noise and we really weren't far from the food court either. Another bonus to ASp is that when the All-Stars share buses ASp is the first picked up and the first dropped off. We usually shared buses in the afternoons.

We have stayed in all 3 AS, I enjoy the theme in Movies better, but Sports gets buses first. If you have very small kids then Movies otherwise Sports or Movies are equal. Pools are pretty much similar size, just themed a little differently. all things being equal I would choose Movies, but Sports or Music may end up being a little less busy as Movies always fills up fast. Good luck.:coffee:

I can speak of ASMovies and ASMusic (never stayed at the sports)....I love the Movies for the theme....and I love the Music for the food court. The rooms are about the same and the pools at both are great. I think you will enjoy either one you decide on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter