AS Movies or POR?

mykidsrock76

DIS Veteran
We're looking at visiting WDW Dec 6-13, 2008 and looking for recommendations. It will be myself, DH, DD (15), DD (5), and DS (4). We are considering 2 rooms at AS Movies or 1 one w/trundle at POR. Any comments? feedback? Suggestions? I believe that is Pop Warner week and any info you guys have on that would be helpful. I have gotten mixed reviews from others but am a little concerned. We could change to the 13-20th if the Movies is a option than PO. How are the crowds in the parks? Thanks.

I haven't stayed at All Stars, but have stayed at POR in the Alligator Bayou section (which is the section with the trundle beds). We loved POR and would recommend it. Our kids were 8 and 5 at the time. The main reason we chose POR over a value resort was for the water slide at the pool - and it was a good decision, because our kids really, really loved the waterslide.

Whenever my whole family can vacation together, (2 older children sometimes have college and work conflicts) we have stayed at ASMovies, (in 2 rooms) and my kids love it there. We always request and have always received, the Toy Story buildings for our 2 youngest. I think your two little ones will love it... it is SO Disney.

Two rooms at AS, will give you 4 double beds, 2 baths and 2 TVs.
One room at POR, will give you 2 double beds and a trundle bed, 1 bath, 1 TV and a small fridge. POR is a large resort, so if you choose to stay here, you might want to spend the extra for a preferred room location.

We have never visited in Dec., (but plan to this year) so I can't comment on crowds or Pop Warner. I think only 3 of our children will be going, so I'd like to stay at a deluxe again, but whenever we discuss it, my DH (the big kid in the bunch) says, for him, ASMovies is Disney.

Thanks for the tips. My kids love Toy Story so I was thinking about booking a preferred room. We are torn between the cost of AS Movies and the slide at POR. My kids are small and I am not sure if we will even use the pool. Early Dec might be cool. And the 2 bathrooms is really appealing.

No this will be my third. First time in 2001 and then we went in Jan 2007. We stayed at ASMusic the first and Pop Century last time. I like the Value because they are great for kids. But I am concerned about Pop Warner being there. But I would also like to know how tight a room with 5 is.

We stayed at ASMO in 2006 and POR in 2007. It was four of us in one room. I would never stay at a value again! The room seemed very small to me. The rooms at POR are much more roomy.

We have stayed at both and loved both. POR's rooms are SLIGHTLY larger. And when I say SLIGHTLY, I mean, you can hardly tell the difference. If cost is a factor, go with ASMo. If it's not, choose POR for the whole resort experience - it is downright beautiful and serene - a perfect antedote to park madness.:thumbsup2

We're staying at both when we go (plus 3 nights at WL) - we excited. I just hope we get a Toy Story room..........

We've stayed at both but the best bet would be AS Mo with 2 rooms IMO. Pop Warner is another issue, but just be aware that the overflow went to POR in 2007, so there really might not be much of a difference. I think WDW might be doing something different with PW this year because all the problems they had in 2007 where they had to eject a couple of teams from AS (don't remember which one) early in the morning.

We've stayed at both but the best bet would be AS Mo with 2 rooms IMO. Pop Warner is another issue, but just be aware that the overflow went to POR in 2007, so there really might not be much of a difference. I think WDW might be doing something different with PW this year because all the problems they had in 2007 where they had to eject a couple of teams from AS (don't remember which one) early in the morning.

I saw on their site that last year they didn't even offer ASMo as a choice, but that they did have both PO hotels listed. So, were they not at ASMo at all? And I wonder if it will be the same this year. We're just torn. Would love the space of 2 rooms with 3 kids, but do not want any issues w/ Pop Warner. We're early risers and will be at the parks most of the time. So, maybe they wouldn't even be an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter