AS Movies or POP?

fcole12369

Earning My Ears
I have 2 teenage boys. We've stayed at AS Sports and wanted to try something different. Is there any big advantage to either AS Movies or POP?

I prefer Pop for many reasons over the All Stars, but chief among them is that it is more centrally located (it's quite close to both Epcot and DHS, not to mention DTD).

We hands down prefer ASMo over Pop. We've stayed at both and the only thing that I liked more at Pop was the buses. It is nice to have your own bus, but the bus situation really isn't that big of a deal at the ASMo (they always have there own at closing, and it's never been a big issue for us.) We prefer the theming, the food court and the fact that it's not as big at ASMo. We've also never had issues with noise at ASMo, and we've had some really annoying issues with noise at Pop (although I'm sure that has more to do with the ppl., than the actual resort, but perhaps the fact that the resort holds more ppl. is part of it.)

We take Disney transportation everywhere - our poor car just sits in the parking lot the entire time. That's why I prefer Pop Century since it does have it's own dedicated bus line. We did recently stay at All Star Sports and went to Epcot on our first day. It was about 4:00 PM (we had driven down and had just arrived). The bus pulled into Sports where we boarded. Every seat was taken by Sports guests. Then we pulled into Music and those people had to stand so the bus was really full. Then we pulled into Movies where somehow, all those people got on. It was like a rolling sardine can. True, All Stars don't always share buses but when they do, it's not very pleasant if you are tail end Charlie on the Movies. One guy who boarded the bus at Music told his wife they were going to start walking over and getting on at Sports.

We've stayed at both and I like Movies better. Your teen sons may like Pop better because it's not as kid-ish...unless they're totally into the movies themed at the Movies resort. They're old enough...show them pics/videos and get their input. :)

I love POP! I love the choices at the food court, and the fact they have their own dedicated bus system. Many people here will tell you POP over all stars for a reason, because it's awesome! I also love that POP while it has an awesome theme, it I don't find it to be all that in your face.
You really can't go wrong with any hotel on Disney property though, so in the end it's really a choice of what theme works for your family.

Movies is fine but I prefer Pop. I like the set up of the food court better at Pop. I like that more food is sold in the food court-larger sized drinks and snacks-while some of that stuff is in the gift shop at Movies.

I am looking forward to going back to Pop now that AoA is open so I can walk over there and check it out too.

Another vote for POP! I prefer the location, food court selection is awesome, I prefer the arcade at POP, the kids love prize counter, the staff is awesome. My kids love doing the twist in the food court with the CMs and Art of animation is a short walk over the bridge so you get the added bonus of being able to use their food court as well and checking out their awesome theming. We did a split stay between the ASm and POP last visit and the kids preferred POP. Oh, and Tye Dye cheesecake...can't forget that. :thumbsup2
Either way, Im sure you'll have a great time as they're both fun resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter