As God as my witness.I'll never be sick at Disney World again~~~wrapping things up...

T-Rex does look like fun! I already have to do some switching for my June trip so I think that I will attempt to add this one in! Thanks for the great pictures!

:woohoo: Thanks for the T-Rex review. The ice room looks cool! :thumbsup2 ;) Glad to hear the food is good. I hope it's better than the Rainforest Cafe. :rolleyes1

We looked at the T-Rex place - but didn't try it. Maybe next time!!

I can't wait for another update!

Sorry, I've been mia lately. Hunter has been really sick and now I think I'm getting it!

Yeah an update! Great pictures. We're thinking about trying this on our next trip. I've read that it's real loud. What do you think about the noise volume. We did Planet Hollywood last trip and that didn't really bother us.
It is pretty loud but so are my kids...for once I didn't have to shush them!

the theming in this restaurant is so awesome! my boss is going in december and her 5yo DS would love this place. i'm making a mental note now!
I think he would love it!

Seems like RainForest Cafe with dino's. Very cool.
:thumbsup2

Can't wait to here about the dinos you guys adopted!
adoption is expensive!!;)

T-Rex looks amazing.. it reminds me of the Rainforest Cafe.. in how its designed.. I never thought of going to this one.. but maybe I'll try it. The food looks yummy! :)
I was pleasantly surprised by how good the food was! The ribs were the best!

T-Rex looks so cool!!! I love all the theming, and the food looks delicious. I really didn't think I wanted to go there in June, but between you and the other Cherie, I find myself wondering where to fit it in...:rolleyes1

What kind of drinks were those?
We are teaming up to get you to go there.;)
the drinks were just icees.

We never made it over to the adopt a dino thing. We stayed in the dig for a while and bought a couple of souveniers on that side of the gift shop and tried to sqeeze our way out of there. It was SO CROWDED the night we went! (in the gift shop area)
my kids made a bee line for that store! It's like their expensive souvenier alerts were going off.

T-Rex does look like fun! I already have to do some switching for my June trip so I think that I will attempt to add this one in! Thanks for the great pictures!
It is fun. Are you on the ddp? T-Rex isn't on it when we went.

:woohoo: Thanks for the T-Rex review. The ice room looks cool! :thumbsup2 ;) Glad to hear the food is good. I hope it's better than the Rainforest Cafe. :rolleyes1
I've never been to the Rainforest Cafe so I don't know if it's better.:confused3

Looks like a great meal and I love the old jokes and that your MIL joined in too :rotfl:
my family could do an hour routine just on old jokes.

I can't wait for another update!

hopefully, I'll get the next update done tonight.

The video of your son was great. He did a really good job.

T-Rex looks like fun and the food looked yummy.

I hope he is feeling better and you do not get sick.

Tammy

We aren't on the ddp we have the tiw card, and I don't think they take it either.:sad2:
It was a very expensive meal!

The video of your son was great. He did a really good job.

T-Rex looks like fun and the food looked yummy.

I hope he is feeling better and you do not get sick.

Tammy

Hunter finally went back to school today! He has a cough still but he's back to being himself.... So far no one else has got it, knock on wood!

It never ceases to amaze me how many gift shops that are snuck in at disneyworld! T-Rex cafe was the first restraunt I've ever been to with it's own giftshop. So of course I had to look! I know, I'm as bad as my kids.

Actually, we had planned Build a Dino as a surprise for Hunter and Ethan. Their eyes nearly popped out of their heads when we told them they could make one. Bailie decided she wanted one too, Evan was happy to go without.;)

I think the 3 of them stood in front of the section where you pick your dino "skin" for at least 20 minutes before any of them could make up their mind.

Bailie and Hunter's were starting to get filled..
DSC01329.jpg

they had to add a heart and make a wish on it...

DSC01327.jpg

Once it was all stuffed and sewn up they gave it a "bath".

DSC01331.jpg

The next step is registering them and getting an adoption certificate..

DSC01334.jpg

Of course they couldn't go naked so we spent another 20 minutes picking out their clothes....Then it was time to dress them.....that is a talent all of it's own.

They even have a little "house" carrier for them. I have to admit, I wanted one of my own.:laughing:

DSC01336.jpg

DSC01337.jpg

By the time we were done it was starting to get crazy busy in there! We ended up spending another 30 minutes in the rest of the gift shop.

We were all tired by this time so instead of walking around down town disney we headed back to the boat launch and froze our tooshies off on the trip back to the resort.

I was happy to find our luggage inside the rooms.:goodvibes Once we got unpacked and every thing settled we all konked out pretty fast. When I went to look in the other room, I found Hunter asleep snuggling his dino! Of course I had to get a picture, but it didn't turn out very good without the flash...

DSC01352.jpg

Just the other night I found him snuggling it in bed again. We just won't tell him that I'm sharing that with all of you!:thumbsup2

up next...jumping for joy....

How cute snuggling with his dino!:love: We really liked Rainforest Cafe so maybe we'll have to check out T-Rex. Or at least the gift shop.:rolleyes1

My all time favorite movie is Gone With the Wind, and I've always wanted to be Scarlet O'Hara...........just for a little bit. I've wanted to stand in a baren field, with the wind blowing my long skirt and touseld hair and yell "As God as my witness, I'll never go hungry again"!
Once you see a picture of me, you'll realize that hunger has never been a problem for me.:laughing:
So, after 2 trips to DisneyWorld with health "issues" and a third trip with possible problems, I have finally had my Scarlet O'Hara moment. I stood on mainstreet facing the castle, baloons bouncing in the wind, raised my fist and cried........."As God as my witness, I'll never be sick in Disney World again!"

Yeah, you should have seen the looks I got.

You mean you yelled loud? That is a good idea.. Changing the words and imagination to perfection.. Hope to learn more about your experience.. Infact cant wait to hear more about your vocation

Love the build-a-dino! :thumbsup2 We've done the build-a-bear quite a few times over the years. My boys are stuffed animal fanatics. :goodvibes

T-Rex cafe was the first restraunt I've ever been to with it's own giftshop.

The Rain Forest Cafe has one too, we always buy shirts but I like those dinosaurs. That's just the build a bears we have in our mall. Do you mind me asking a few questions? How much were those dinosaurs? Do you think a 4 year old would be afraid in there? My sons hated Rain Forest cafe when it would storm and they were 5 and almost 3.

I think picking out the clothes is the best part.

This is the most cutest picture ever. Psst we won't tell him you showed it either. ;)

awww, t-rex looks like fun! it had just opened when i was on my trip this past october. i didnt get to eat there or even walk in (it was rediculously crowded!) it looks great! your kids look like they had a blast! cant wait to hear more!!

I just love all the little dino-dresses on the wall behind Bailie! That's sweet that the kids don't think they're too old to enjoy something like that.

Sleeping kids at Disney pictures are just the cutest. I used the one of whogirl as the ending page in the scrapbook of last year's trip. :lovestruc

How cute snuggling with his dino!:love: We really liked Rainforest Cafe so maybe we'll have to check out T-Rex. Or at least the gift shop.:rolleyes1
I guess I'm going to have to try rainforest cafe sometime....

You mean you yelled loud? That is a good idea.. Changing the words and imagination to perfection.. Hope to learn more about your experience.. Infact cant wait to hear more about your vocation
well, I didn't exactly yell out loud......more in my head.:)

Love the build-a-dino! :thumbsup2 We've done the build-a-bear quite a few times over the years. My boys are stuffed animal fanatics. :goodvibes
I've managed to avoid build-a-bear......of course not living near a mall helps with that.

The Rain Forest Cafe has one too, we always buy shirts but I like those dinosaurs. That's just the build a bears we have in our mall. Do you mind me asking a few questions? How much were those dinosaurs? Do you think a 4 year old would be afraid in there? My sons hated Rain Forest cafe when it would storm and they were 5 and almost 3.
;)

The dinosaurs were all around $20. Then you have to add in the clothes, shoes, sunglasses......shesh they were better dressed than the rest of us!
It's so hard to tell with kids what will or won't freak them out. Some 4 yr olds would be fine and others wouldn't..... Cherie, blueyedgirl, took her almost 5yr old there and he seemed to enjoy it.

awww, t-rex looks like fun! it had just opened when i was on my trip this past october. i didnt get to eat there or even walk in (it was rediculously crowded!) it looks great! your kids look like they had a blast! cant wait to hear more!!
The restraunt looked alot more crowded at the entrance than it was inside the restraunt. the gift shop was packed!

How sweet is that!!! Hunter is so cute, I want to pinch his cheeks!:rotfl:
I'll tell him you said so.....that should embarass him!

I just love all the little dino-dresses on the wall behind Bailie! That's sweet that the kids don't think they're too old to enjoy something like that.

I tried to convince Bailie to dress hers as a girl but she wanted a boy.:headache: The girl clothes were so cute!

Ahem, um, excuse me! But I didn't see a T-Rex listing on your agenda that you sent us. Looks like we just missed you there too.

Whew!
Yeah, we found it lots of fun, and yes, pricey, you don't go there for the fud, you go for the effects. Effects can be overrated sometimes though, I could have done without the mastodon that was hovering over our table from drooling on us the whole time. I complained to the waitress and she said it was the air conditioning condensation. Yeah, yeah, likely story, it was 40 degrees out!! Air conditioning? HAH! It was DROOL!

Great shots of the kids making dino stuffage, one more pic and my puter would have locked up.:happytv: Great job reporting Cherie, I wonder what wil happen when we finally both get to the dreaded "Biergarten" Encounter?

neebs

I was afraid the wait was going to be a long time. I saw the line and thought hurry up and wait!!. We waited about 5 minutes to get in!!!! I didn't know where to start looking, there was so much to see.

Sleeping kids at Disney pictures are just the cutest. I used the one of whogirl as the ending page in the scrapbook of last year's trip. :lovestruc

Bailie was just as excited as the boys. She had such a good time picking out her dino. When she saw the adoption kiosk, she went crazy, jumping up and down and squealing like a little girl. Ok, She's a little girl, but that is normally not her temperament.

Ahem, um, excuse me! But I didn't see a T-Rex listing on your agenda that you sent us. Looks like we just missed you there too.

Whew!
Yeah, we found it lots of fun, and yes, pricey, you don't go there for the fud, you go for the effects. Effects can be overrated sometimes though, I could have done without the mastodon that was hovering over our table from drooling on us the whole time. I complained to the waitress and she said it was the air conditioning condensation. Yeah, yeah, likely story, it was 40 degrees out!! Air conditioning? HAH! It was DROOL!

Great shots of the kids making dino stuffage, one more pic and my puter would have locked up.:happytv: Great job reporting Cherie, I wonder what wil happen when we finally both get to the dreaded "Biergarten" Encounter?

neebs

Nothing to dread. Just ...... interesting.:lmao:

Evan decided he was too old for the build a dino, but he found a place where you pick your own Geode and break open the rock to see what you got. At first, he brought the rock to me. I thought it was just a rock. He explained "it's a geode. You break it open and see what's inside."

Silly me, I ask how he expects to accomplish it. Evan turns and points to a machine that breaks it for you. DUH DAD!!!!!:headache:

I don't remember if we got pics of the geodes. They are very pretty.

Evan decided he was too old for the build a dino, but he found a place where you pick your own Geode and break open the rock to see what you got. At first, he brought the rock to me. I thought it was just a rock. He explained "it's a geode. You break it open and see what's inside."

Silly me, I ask how he expects to accomplish it. Evan turns and points to a machine that breaks it for you. DUH DAD!!!!!:headache:

I don't remember if we got pics of the geodes. They are very pretty.

Um, ok, what is this "geode" that you spake of? And, ok, I'll bite, what was inside the thing that you just bought and decided it needed to be broken? And do they charge you to use the "breaking" machine, too? Heck, my grandson would have taken care of that for you for free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter