As an adult...would you get a Birthday button?

Thanks everyone for your responses! I am going to get the button and I'll report back here when it's over. This is the first time we have gone for a birthday. Mine falls over Memorial Day week so we wouldn't take our kids at this time so it's the first time we have ventured to WDW during a crowded time. :scared: But since it's just the 2 of us, we'll have fun no matter the crowds. My DH's b-day is the end of June and 2 of my DS are in July. Our Anniversay is also in July, so there is no going to celebrate that. My other DS's are the beginning of April and Jan. So really only my youngest DS(Jan.) would be able to enjoy having his B-day at WDW.. Maybe one day.....

Is there a special Disney birthday button (if so where do you get it) or are you all talking about one you'd pickup at a party supply store? I'm thinking of going for my 40th. Although we will have to go a couple weeks early. My birthday is Dec. 28th and I just wouldn't want to have to tackle those crowds!

Thanks

Yes, get the button! Wear it!

I went on my birthday last year, got the button and I even wore a t-shirt I made, it said....

"I Made a Wish....Blew Out the Candles & Here I am!"

It was fun! Everyone who saw the button wished me a Happy Birthday and when we had lunch at the Plaza Restaurant in MK they decorated my table with Mickey confetti and brought me a cupcake with a candle in it.

When I purchased our APs at the international gateway in November, the woman processing the transaction gave my DH a birthday button since she noticed from his license that it was in two days. He did not wear it, even though I wanted him to. We saw lots of adults with buttons on. I would do it!

For my 25th birthday, two years ago, I reworked my 25th anniversary shirt with letters to say I am 25. On the back i put today is my birthday. I had a tiara and I went to three parks to get the special buttons. It was so fun. I got a cupcake at the Beach Club and a card from the Cm's at the great movie ride. It's fun for lots of people to wish you a Happy Birthday.

I did this year. I went solo to the MK on my birthday in October. and I am over 40. I went to City Hall and requested a birthday button. The CM's there wished me happy birthday. Then during the day other Cm,s that saw me wished me happy birthday. And for lunch that day I had lunch at Tony's. The CM at the desk where you check in noticed my button, said happy birthday and said i would be seated in a few minutes. No problem. A few minutes later when I was led to my table, it was covered with mickey mouse shaped confetti, balloons and ribbons! I had my lunch, then when I was finished, my waiter brought out an ice cream sundae as a surprise, then he announced to the restaurant that it was my birthday, and had everyone twirl their napkins above their heads and sing happy birthday! lol It was embarrasing but fun.

oh yes, get the button!! I will be there for my 40th bday on Feb. 4. I'm not handling this bday well, so what better place to celebrate?? I'm excited now, instead of down. I am getting the button for sure!

We are talking about DisneyWorld here!!! Relive your childhood, do the birthday pin....heck throw on a pair of Mickey ears too!!! :earsgirl:

My DH's birthday is the day after mine and this past year we spent both days at WDW. We both got the birthday buttons and wore them on our birthday -- it was so much fun! My DH isn't one to celebrate his birthday but you should have seen how happy he was when it seemed everyone was saying happy birthday to him! PUSH the talking trashcan in Tomorrowland even sang happy birthday for him. It was a riot and we both look forward to going and wearing our buttons again next year. :goodvibes

DH took me to WDW last November for my 40th birthday. I definetly wore the pin. The CM's were SO NICE!!!! One CM at the people mover sang Happy Birthday to me everytime we went past. And when DH and I went on the ride, he actually grabbed my hand and sang it to me. The CM at BTMR, wished me Happy Birthday and said, don't forget 21 is a big responsibility. DH got a big laugh from that.

We spent some of my birthday at the ESPN club watching the Steeler-Green Bay game. I got a free dessert with a candle. it was so much fun.

Wear that button proudly!! :teeth:

christophfam said:
Is there a special Disney birthday button (if so where do you get it) or are you all talking about one you'd pickup at a party supply store? I'm thinking of going for my 40th. Although we will have to go a couple weeks early. My birthday is Dec. 28th and I just wouldn't want to have to tackle those crowds!

Thanks
Yes, in fact, there are special birthday buttons at all 4 theme parks at WDW (just found that out from another thread on here). I've always gotten mine at the MK, because we generally go to MVMCP on my birthday (12/8), but this year I might have to make a 4-park visit to get 'em all!! :earsboy:
Another thing we always do is wear our "Guest of Honor" nametags. Lots of the Cast Members will call you by name, and if it's also your birthday, they might just announce it to the whole crowd like the CM on Spash Mountain did to me last time! :sunny:

I got my DH one for her 36th birthday in June at AK. It was his actual birthday and we went to Donald's breakfast. Donald is his favorite character. Server brought him an autographed card from all the characters and restaurant sang happy birthday to him. He was surprised and happy. This year I want to order a cake for him where ever we eat for his birthday.

Okay, now I have to plan another Disney trip! You guys are killing me! It just sounds like so much fun! I want to have my birthday at WDW!!! I want a birthday button!

Hmmmm. I'm headed for the big 3 - 0 before long. A birthday button might help ease the pain...

Yes, get the button... I Did and had a ball wearing it... everyone says happy birthday to you... and some even sing... it was just fun....Just enjoy yourself...Besides are there really any adults at Disney...lol

It's your day so I highly recommend it. Also depending on where you are staying if you let the hotel front desk know it is your birthday they may do something special for you. My husband received a free balloon and a birthday card signed by Mickey Mouse.

Absolutely!

Go for it!

Thats what makes the magic!!!!!

We were at Disney for my sister's 40th BD in August.......she got a button and wore it proudly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter