Arusha-have more than one Giraffe? (last yr 1)

disneymania10

Mouseketeer
Hi. We have been going to AKL for several years. Last year in July was the first time on Arusha there was only one Giraffe at all times. We did stay for 10 days so I am sure. For all those lucky enough to have recently gone to AKL with Arusha view-is there more than one giraffe there? I love Giraffes so trying to decide on arusha view or sunset view while staying at jambo. Thanks for your help!!

I don't know what the situation is exactly, but I know at one time, the Giraffes were not playing nice with each other. Perhaps it's a male / female situation.

We were there a couple of weeks ago. Arusha has at least 3 giraffes - a grand mother, mother and baby. The baby is adorable. There are also giraffes on the other savannah by the pool. They just moved some giraffes to Arusha from the Animal Kingdom savannah - so I was told by the guide outside of the savannah. He also said that they keep the animals of one gender together. The females will be at Animal Kingdom lodge, and the males of the same species will be at Animal Kingdom park (or vice versa) - just to keep everyone getting along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter