• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Artist Point?

Ncrnation

Mouseketeer
Going to Disney in Feb and really want to check out wilderness lodge and this restaurant. Is it worth it for a person who's not a big steak or fish eater?

I notice there's a chicken dish and a veggie penne on the menu - Anyone ever try these? Anyone ever have a vegetarian dish not on the menu.

Any info is appreciated!

My aunt has ordered the veggie entree there before and raved about it, but to be honest I can't remember what the specific dish was. If it doesn't sound good to you (and/or if you get outvoted), you could always call a day or two in advance and ask for something (reasonable but) specific. The chefs can get really creative if you give them a bit of notice.

Keep in mind that the menu changes from time to time. The last one was for May and now it's Oct. They seem to keep a chicken, veggie/pasta and pork dish on the menu besided fish and steak. I'm looking forward to trying it this weekend and will post about it when I return.

Check the menus right before you go or call the restaurant to see if anything changes so you don't get your heart set on one particular item.

The changes I noticed between the two menus were: a different side dish for the chicken, Spicy Asian style Shrimp (also without shrimp) and Noodle bowl became Penne Pasta with Harvest Veg and Red Beans, they added a Scallop dish, no more Mixed Grill of Venison, Lamb Chop and Rabbit Sausage (DH was hoping to get this) but now there is a Grilled Flat Iron Steak with Smashed Potatoes and Onion Rings which sounds good to me! The pork, tenderloin and salmon stayed the same.

I'm sure they could make something simple or previously offered if you call ahead. HTH

We were there in July. My son's friend had a pork chop, I believe, and he said it was very good. My son ate the chicken and liked it alot too. The mussels were very tasty. I don't think you can go too wrong in this restaurant. It has become one of my favorites.

Oh Yes, go...Artist Point it still the best restaurant on Disney Property after all these years!

Personally this is not one of my favorite restraunts. I couldn't find anything on the menu that stood out to me. On the other hand my parents and brother still talk about the meal they has there and they tend to drool when they do. :crazy:

we always like artist point, In addition to the buffalo steak or the tenderloin (and the pork chops with mac and cheese) there is this for meat and potato fans-

Grilled Flat Iron Steak with smashed potatoes, onion rings and horseradish butter $24.00

It all sounds great! You've got me convinced.

Also, i'm looking forward to a chance to check out the WL. Have never stayed there, but there's always next time.

Going with a friend of mine and she's more psyched that i predicted.

thanks everyone for taking the time!

my hubby and I ate there on our honeymoon back in September. I had the chicken dish (open/free range...whichever, heheh) and it was supposed to come with a side of squash. Um, eww! I asked to substitute smashed potatoes instead and they had no problems doing this.

I don't eat steak or fish...and am an overall VERY picky eater, and I really really enjoyed my meal at Artist Pointe!

We have been going faithfully every year since its opened. Still to this day, reading the menu has never given me a "wow" sensation but I've always come away from the meal/experience more than satisfied.

It has always been our favorite onsite restaurant over the years. Have said it again and again POK is one of the friendliest and nicest CMs that you would ever want to meet. Hope you enjoy it. pirate:

That Grilled Flat Iron Steak is to die for!!! It was incredibly good. In fact, this is my dh and my favorite place to eat at WDW now. I'm going with just my dd in Dec. and want to eat there. But, I just can't do it without dh. He would be so upset to think that I ate there again and he didn't!!!!!

This restarant is not on my favorites list, but when I visited in October, I did enjoy the meal we had there.

The pork chop is great, a double cut, with a rather fancy macaroni and cheese on the side.

I stayed at WL and it never seemed that AP was very crowded on the nights I walked by. We ate there on a Friday night and it was about 1/2 to 3/4 full, so it was much easier for walk-ins than some of the other restarants.

This is one of our favourite restaurants. When we were there in October I had the salmon and DH had pork.

Excellent restaurant...outstanding atmosphere....Wilderness Lodge is like a Disney attraction all in itself.

We've only eaten there once. That was enough for me. They BURNED my steak to a crisp (I didn't even need to cut into it to see that my "ordered rare" meat was overcooked to the point of shriveled garbage.) Our server, who was terrible, took it back and they cooked me another--this one was cooked medium. The server was terrible, I ate some of the steak because by now I was starving, and when she came back I told her again taht it was overcooked.

No apology, no "I'll get the manager", nothing.

I won't be back. Too bad, the atmosphere was lovely, and it could have become a regular stop for us.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter