Artist point

We've had our anniversary dinner at AP each May since 2000 and it remains one of our favorite dining experiences at WDW. While I agree that it has suffered the pains of the DDP, it has for the most remained high quality and consistent. Service has been a bit hit or miss the last few years, but that is partially the fact we had the same server for 7 years running.

Some of the favorite staples are now offered as sides - the sweet potato hazelnut gratin is my favorite. Its large enough to share. The portabello soup is one of my staples as well.

If you have the chance to go late May/early June you can possibly time it right for when they get the Copper River salmon. Its only fished once a year in Alaska and is distinctly rich, buttery and delicious.

I'm a big steak eater. Does the Buffalo taste like beef??? I'd love to try it but am afraid I won't like it. How does it compare to beef steak??
Nancy :confused3

A good buffalo steak will (almost) make you forget beef. It needs to be m-rare. It isn't 'gamey' in the least. It's more lean (healthier), thusly there is less waste. I get it whenever I can and have never been disappointed at AP with it.

I really enjoyed our dinner at AP. I had the Buffalo Sirloin with macaroni & cheese and the brussel sprouts. My friend had a "hot pot" with crab and big prawns over rice with a lime dressing. Both were excellent! We skipped the appetizers (though many looked good) and had wine and two desserts instead. We got a chocolate thing (choc cake with choc shavings, choc crumbs, & choc ice cream) that was okay. But the cobbler was by far the better choice. I make a blueberry cake (look up Taste of Home Blueberry Cake cups, if you want the recipe) that is exactly like this, but the addtion of the fresh rasberries and the blackberry ice cream really improved it. I may have to serve my own this way from now on!

Our waiter was attentive and knowledgable. And with the exception on one fussy baby, the dining room was quite pleasant. And since we had sent our own children (17, 14, 14 & 7) off to Whispering Canyon Cafe, it was nice to enjoy a grown up meal in a more upscale setting.

No appetizers? The smokey portobello soup is absolutely the best item on the menu ... maybe anywhere, lol. It's that good.:worship:

I've heard raving reviews about Artist Point.if you enjoy wine, they are supposed to have one of the greatest selections.....Artist Point and Narcoose's are on my husband and my top choices for restaurants to try next at Disney

LOVE Artist Point. Had dinner here the first time when we stayed at the Lodge, but now am perfectly willing to drive across property to have dinner here. The salmon is spectacular, wine flights are great. The soup gets raves in our group as well (but I'm not a soup person) the only thing we've never gotten is dessert, we're always too full!

LOVE Artist Point. Had dinner here the first time when we stayed at the Lodge, but now am perfectly willing to drive across property to have dinner here. The salmon is spectacular, wine flights are great. The soup gets raves in our group as well (but I'm not a soup person) the only thing we've never gotten is dessert, we're always too full!

LOL. I'm not a soup person either (not at all) AND I don't like mushrooms. But this soup ... mmmmmmm.

We ate at AP in 2006 & we really enjoyed it. DH had the buffalo & liked it. DS (1.5 yrs old) had watermelon, noodles & the white chocolate puzzle. It's the most he ate all week! I honestly don't remember what I ate for dinner, but I had the cobbler & LOVED it! We are planning on going back our next trip & it's sad to hear they changed the cobbler.

My wife and I spent our 32nd anniversary there and it is our new favorite place to dine. The buffalo was great, as was the mushroom soup & the cobbler. It is #1 in our book. It will be on the list every time we return to WDW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter