Artist Point

tfiga

Mouseketeer
I just booked an adult dinner for my husband and I. The kids are going to the Cubs Den. Has anyone eaten here recently? I tried the search feature, but did not get any hits. I would really appreciate any reviews, suggestions and of course pictures.... TIA

Okay, it was last August but hey, let's keep this going. :goodvibes

Dinner was wonderful! Smooth service, excellent food, relaxing atmosphere.

--penny

I have eaten there several times over the last few years, most recently in April 2007. It is one of my favorite places at WDW. Great food and service and a very interesting wine list.

This is the only restaurant that is a "DO NOT MISS" for any trip that we take to WDW. H and I are going in September, and that was the first ADR I made. The food is to die for (specifically, the buffalo filet and the cedar plank salmon), the wines are great and the service is excellent. :thumbsup2

didn't the chef from Le Cellier that every one likes move to Artist Point? that can't be a bad sign?

This is the only restaurant that is a "DO NOT MISS" for any trip that we take to WDW. H and I are going in September, and that was the first ADR I made. The food is to die for (specifically, the buffalo filet and the cedar plank salmon), the wines are great and the service is excellent. :thumbsup2
How is the buffalo cooked? We like our meat well but I don't think they serve it that way because cooking too long makes it tough. Did you like the way it was prepared?

AP is on our "must do" list every trip as well. Many of the items, like the proteins, remain on the menu all year, just the sides and garnishes change from season to season.

The only salad I have not had yet was the duck confit-hopefully it is still there in Oct. The mixed greens has a variety of ingredients, but they blend so well. The wedge is like eating a blt salad-crispy lettuce and creamy dressing. Two years ago I tried the venison spring rolls. They were okay, cooked well, but not an item I would order again to be honest. The smokey portobello soup is a must if you love mushrooms. It has a great smokey flavor and texture, then it is topped with the roasted shiitakes.

The signature salmon is a must have if you enjoy fish. They changed the dish a bit over the past year, but it is still roasted on the cedar board. I have had the roast chicken breast. It is roasted with the skin on and the wing bone attached. The skin was crispy and the meat was moist and tender.

My favorite dish is the buffalo sirloin. I am a huge red meat fan, but I do not miss that beef flavor with this cut. It is leaner than beef and a little tougher and the flavor is different, yet delicious. If you like to try new things, this a a great one the try. The onion jam on top and the sweet potato gratin really complement the taste of the buffalo as well.

As for desserts, I am a chocolate nut, but the cobbler is great. It is not the traditional cobbler I think of with pastry crust and biscuit top, but a more light cake like texture surrounded by berries and topped with sorbet.

How is the buffalo cooked? We like our meat well but I don't think they serve it that way because cooking too long makes it tough. Did you like the way it was prepared?

I don't think I can help you here, because I like my meat rare/medium rare. If you absolutely must have your red meat well done, I'd suggest choosing another dish - I'd imagine the buffalo could be tough if overcooked.

Ate here in June. Excellent service and food. Pricey, though - be prepared for some sticker shock if you haven't looked.

The restaurant decor is one of my favorites - its very Arts and Crafts.

The duck is excellent! They don't currently have the wedge, but they had a special seasonal salad that I did not try.

I love the cheese plate, and the mushroom soup is absolutely to die for. Hubby enjoys the buffalo and we both love the salmon. He just had the scallops which were prepared differently from last time, and they were superb. This (along with Jiko) is a favorite for us, so we eat at AP at least 2-3 times a month.

Thanks so much for the responses. The few reviews I previously found were fairly negative. Now I can be excited again.

really really good food! one of my favorites actually. :goodvibes
artist point and flying fish is the only time i have eaten fish and liked it.

I just booked an adult dinner for my husband and I. The kids are going to the Cubs Den. Has anyone eaten here recently? I tried the search feature, but did not get any hits. I would really appreciate any reviews, suggestions and of course pictures.... TIA

We're doing the exact same thing in January on our trip- kids to Cubs Den and parents to Artist Point! I've heard mostly good things about it a very few negative. :thumbsup2

We went in sept 07, and just didn't think it was worth the two credits. The duck appetizer was very dry, the one at Le Cell was 100% better, and the cobbler was burnt and dry. Main dishes were ok, had buffalo which was excellent and salmon was good. Just not great enough for being a signature restrauant. It could have been a one off night, who knows. Though I have to say our waitress was fantastic. Oh and I believe I had the smoked mushroom soup which was yummy.

Sorry to jump in with my own questions, but... We've been wanting to try AP for a while. I finally booked it for our upcoming trip, but we won't have a car this time. So that's going to mean at least a two bus commute.

Is AP worth the travel time it will take to get there? I'm considering changing it to something easier to get to.

I don't do buses and signature dining - way too much hassle. I either choose dining based on where we will be - we are staying at VWL so will do Artist's Point (if you are staying at BCV, Yachtman or Flying Fish would be easier choices) - or what we are doing (MK day can mean California Grill if we can do a freshen in a bathroom and dress decently for the park - which means we probably wouldn't do it in August without clean shirts in a backpack) - or we take a cab - a $15 cab ride when you are going to a restaurant where the salad sets you back $8-12 seems reasonable.

I don't do buses and signature dining - way too much hassle. I either choose dining based on where we will be - we are staying at VWL so will do Artist's Point (if you are staying at BCV, Yachtman or Flying Fish would be easier choices) - or what we are doing (MK day can mean California Grill if we can do a freshen in a bathroom and dress decently for the park - which means we probably wouldn't do it in August without clean shirts in a backpack) - or we take a cab - a $15 cab ride when you are going to a restaurant where the salad sets you back $8-12 seems reasonable.

We originally planned on driving, but airfare dropped. I guess I might need to rethink our ADR's. Darn, was really hoping to get to AP this time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter