• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Artist Point - Your Thoughts/Opinions

Since you are right off the lobby of the WL, I would submit that taking your little one to the bridge over the creek that runs through the lobby would be an exciting addition to mealtime. Heck, I walk over that bridge every time I get a chance! There is also a nearby escape hatch to the pool area if you need some "outside time."

We ate at AP on Friday night; it was one of the best meals we had during our trip. I hate mushrooms but the portabello soup was out of this world. The Buffalo sirloin has been replaced with Buffalo short ribs- they were outstanding. The pacific salmon is huge and the mussels (appetizer) is big enough for 2 and is very savory. The bread was the best we had all week.

We ate at AP on Friday night; it was one of the best meals we had during our trip. I hate mushrooms but the portabello soup was out of this world. The Buffalo sirloin has been replaced with Buffalo short ribs- they were outstanding. The pacific salmon is huge and the mussels (appetizer) is big enough for 2 and is very savory. The bread was the best we had all week.
You might have seen us! We were the merry family ordering lots of wine and trying to pacify two restless children.

We love Artist Point too. The buffalo was great, our granddaughter loves the desserts, we love the wine, but our absolute favorite is the portobello mushroom soup. We found the recipe for it on the web http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/SMOKY-PORTOBELLO-MUSHROOM-SOUP-ARTIST-POINT-1245286 and have made it for special occasions. It is a little work but it feels great to have a taste of Disney at home. Some of our relatives have come to expect it. We substitute half and half for some of the heavy cream (a guilt thing I guess). If you don't have a smoker for the mushrooms you can just do them in the oven on low until they dry out. I like them just as well.

We were not planning on going to Artisit Point for our February trip but now I'm starting to reconsider.

Artist Point is a great place. The service is excellent and I enjoyed their menu selection. I normally stay at the Wilderness Lodge and dinner at Artist Point is a must. Anyone staying at WDW for 5 days or more should consider having dinner here.

This is one of my top 3 faves at WDW (with the others being Jiko and Citricos). I love love love the cheese plate and could swim in a bath of that godly mushroom soup. The venison spring rolls are yummy too. I often just do an appetizer selection rather than a main course. They have a drink called something like Northern Exposure that is a real keeper.

Service is usually good although it's been the pits once or twice...that's not the norm tho'. I love the ambiance too but then again I love Wilderness Lodge in general.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter