• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Artist Point vs. Brown Derby

jhaig

Not The First To Pass This Way
Having a difficult time deciding on which 2-credit meal to choose. We will likely be staying at WL so thought Artist Point may be worth a shot instead of our usual dinner at HBD.

Is AP worth 2 credits?

What about HBD for lunch? Any differences between lunch and dinner menus and/or cost?

I would choose Artist Point. I can't stand HBD. We ate there on our first trip in 1994. The food was wonderful. Then, I don't knowwhat happened but everytime since then, the food was horrible. Even though we ordered the same thing. My husband was okay for 3 visits and he even says it is not worth the price foe medicore food.

AP is incredible and only getting better! I'd agree that HBD is loosing its quality - particularly for the price. The only time we didn't enjoy AP was due to a rambunctious waiter. Wine list is great. Get a ressie at the right time and you can grab a boat to catch the Electric Water Pagent up close!

I have been to WL three times and I can't believe it was not until my last visit in June did I finally eat at Artist Point. Wow was I missing out on a great dining experience. I would highly recommend you going to Artist Point. The food was fantastic (and I don't say that often with WDW food) the service was excellent, and the decor and atmosphere was very enjoyable. My vote would be that you have already done the Brown Derby, give Artist Point a visit. :thumbsup2

Another vote for AP! We ate both there and HBD last December and there was a world of difference between the two in service and food quality.

Having a difficult time deciding on which 2-credit meal to choose. We will likely be staying at WL so thought Artist Point may be worth a shot instead of our usual dinner at HBD.

Is AP worth 2 credits?

What about HBD for lunch? Any differences between lunch and dinner menus and/or cost?

Yes, AP is worth the 2 credits. I feel HBD is ours and many other's least favorite signature.

The portobello soup, buffalo strip and the berry cobbler are all excellent.

Is AP worth 2 credits?

I love Artist Point. We eat there almost every trip. That said, I am also a fan of the Derby. We've had a good experience every time and will be eating there again in about 30 days. Last time we were there, which I think was December, I would have licked the plate if I'd been a private space. ;)

We love them both.

In September we ate at the Hollywood Brown Derby. We asked for the booth under Lucille Ball's portrait-we are big Lucy fans and we adore the episode where she goes to the Brown Derby. We had a great server and I had the duck which was excellent.

We have ADRs for Artist Point on November 12. It's my boyfriend's first time but I ate there in 2005 and it was fabulous I recall. We asked for a table overlooking the courtyard. I had the buffalo strip and it was fantastic!

We just ate at both on our recent trip.

My preference, by A LOT, was Brown Derby. I got the Cobb salad appetizer and the pork dish for dinner, I also had the grapefruit cake for dessert. It was a great experience.

At artist point we started with a crab cake and the soup. The crab cake was only okay, and the soup was good, but tasted overly smokey to me, it almost tasted like there was bacon, and too much of it, in the soup. I got a steak at Artists point and it was fine. Our service at Artists Point was not at all in keeping with the nature of the restaurant. our server was absent and not overly helpful. My husband was drinking beer, and by the end of the night there were three beer bottles on the table. In fact, none of our glassware was bussed during dinner so there were glasses and beer bottles everywhere.

I did enjoy having a few cocktails at the territory lounge before dinner at WL

100% Artist Point. For us there was no comparison. HBD was the worst signature, if not meal of our week.

We've eaten at both multiple times and I vote for AP. HBD is good if you are in DHS and you want decent food, but AP is just plain great!

Artist Point is well worth it. A very interesting place with a menu that includes some "different" items that you won't find elsewhere. We've always enjoyed our meals there.

Is AP worth 2 credits?

We've eaten at both and while we liked HBD, Artist Point is one of our favorites and would be my choice as I do think it's worth 2 credits :).

Artist point! DH likes Derby too (not my favorite). But his favorite is AP. They have always been very kid friendly with special orders too DS who at 5 wanted spinach and steak rather than the kiddie meal but he still got the mickey puzzle for dessert! ;)

Aside from the better food, Brown derby service isnt nearly what AP is.

AP is incredible and only getting better! I'd agree that HBD is loosing its quality - particularly for the price. The only time we didn't enjoy AP was due to a rambunctious waiter. Wine list is great. Get a ressie at the right time and you can grab a boat to catch the Electric Water Pagent up close!
You wouldn't be talking about the infamous Dizzy Izzy, would you? :lmao: He is so over-the-top that it makes fingernails on a chalkboard seem pleasant. However, overall AP is far better than HBD. Moreover, you can enjoy the sights, sounds, and ambiance of the WL by dining at AP. Take a stroll on the beach and watch EWP or Wishes. Check out the geyser. Walk down to the boat dock. Listen to the chirrup of the crickets and the flickering lanterns. It's a magical place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter