Artist Point - Salmon and Buffalo Recent Reviews?

DisneyFamily123

Use the Force, Luke!
First timer to Artist Point 12/4. Any recent reviews of the menu, especially the salmon and buffalo steak? Is the Salmon still Wild King or some other type of Salmon? Favorite appetizer? I want to get the mussels but also want to try the mushroom soup. Thank you!!!!!

First timer to Artist Point 12/4. Any recent reviews of the menu, especially the salmon and buffalo steak? Is the Salmon still Wild King or some other type of Salmon? Favorite appetizer? I want to get the mussels but also want to try the mushroom soup. Thank you!!!!!

Just ate there last week. Didn't have the salmon, but my wife liked the scallops, I am not a fan of scallops. I had the buffalo, very good. I would make sure you do NOT get it cooked more than medium. I always get my steaks medium, I think it would have been better medium rare, buffalo is very lean, so it can get dry. It was just on the edge at medium, still good, but I could tell it would have been better at medium rare.

Just seconding the cooking of the buffalo. When I went to AP, the other person I was with got it cooked medium and I went for medium rare and there was a big difference. The medium was just bordering on too chewy.

Thanks for the tip. I heard about that... I usually order medium but depends on the restaurant... most restaurants I go to tend to over cook medium. I can definitely handle medium rare.

Problem is.... I know DW will get the salmon and I really want to try that too.... DW will not be interested in my steak. Maybe I can get her to look at the murals for a minute while I sneak a bite of her salmon.

I was just there (again) the last week in October. AP is by far my favorite restaurant at WDW. The mussels are very good there, but you should definitely try the portobello mushroom soup. Soooo good. I promise you won't be dissappointed. The salmon is the same as it's always been,(and it's always been excellent) but I didn't get it this time. I had the halibut instead, and it was by FAR the best meal I'm ever had at AP. If your wife likes fish, she really should consider it. Can't help you with the buffalo, I've never tried it. Have a great dinner!

had always been wild king salmon when we have gone. I checked the menu on Disney's site and it still shows as that. They rotate the bison selection every so often. That's what I usually get and it has always been good. I would go with the smokey portobello soup. It's their signature appy for a reason.

We ate there earlier this month -- my son had the bison and LOVED it (ordered it med. rare) and my husband and I both had the salmon -- which was outstanding. We've eaten there several times before, and we live in New England and eat salmon/seafood regularly, and we agreed that this particular salmon was about the best we've ever had. I also had the mussels which were tremendous.

Skip the berry cobbler dessert, though -- very dry.

We were there in October. The mussels were excellent. The buffalo was cooked and served hot, just not seasoned very well. We did not try the others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter