• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Article about "Top Seven" Stacey

ransom

DIS Veteran
A nice article about Stacey J. Aswad, the hostess of the old "Top 7 Must Sees" and the current "Must Do Disney" shows at WDW has been published by the Boston Herald:

To anyone who has stayed on Walt Disney World property in the past five years, she is the face of the vacation kingdom.

Walk into a hotel room at Walt Disney World - any hotel room, in any resort - turn on the TV, and there she is. She’s perky, enthusiastic and, perhaps most important, omnipresent.

But who is she?

Stacey J. Aswad is the host of Walt Disney World’s in-room resort channel. She’ll tell you about the top seven attractions, outline must-do activities and provide a few insider tips along the way. If you’re staying on Disney property, there’s no avoiding the infectiously happy tour guide.

“It’s starting to hit me, after five years, that I’m seen as this kind of real-life Minnie Mouse,” Aswad said from Los Angeles. “I know in Disney culture, I’m that girl and the face of Disney World, but I don’t take myself so seriously. I have been called the human exclamation point.”

Click the link above for the full article.

Disney should take note: When they start writing newspaper articles about a mini "must see and do" show in your resorts, it's time to update!!

It isn't even the "Top 7" any more...note to the Boston Herald - when writing an article about something, make sure it's about something that's existed in the last two years. :)

"Guys - top 7??? More like 107!"

The original was soooo much better. My DS8 is crazy about her. I can tell him 100 times to wake up at Disney and he won't respond, but if I turn on Stacey, he pops out from under the covers like a Jack-in-the-box.

There was a thread on these boards earlier about channels at Disney resorts, and I was wondering what other channels could possibly exist besides the "Stacey show!"

Our boys pretend to "complain" about how silly she is, quote her, etc., but they watch nothing else at WDW. Same show, over and over. Last thing at night, first thing in the morning. Last week, they enjoyed comparing the old version to the new version. Stopping by the room to change into swimsuits? Whoever is not in the bathroom changing is watching Stacey. Just like Tara says, put Stacey on TV in the morning, and they are ready to go!

"Guys - top 7??? More like 107!"

The original was soooo much better. My DS8 is crazy about her. I can tell him 100 times to wake up at Disney and he won't respond, but if I turn on Stacey, he pops out from under the covers like a Jack-in-the-box.

LOL!! i kinda understand!

my son, almost 20 months, doesn't know who stacey is, but everything stops for flo, the progressive insurance girl. he's been hot for her since he was about 6 months old. :rotfl:

It isn't even the "Top 7" any more...note to the Boston Herald - when writing an article about something, make sure it's about something that's existed in the last two years. :)

not to mention the same content of the article has been written in that time span too. I read some of the same wording last year when I was looking for Stacy.

On a side note, she is also on a tv series called 7th Street Theater

Last year (I think) when we went at the park, we ran into Stacey twice (HS & Epcot)!! who was filming clips for the new show. My 3 kids were so excited to see her! so were a lot of other people. She stopped took pictures, signed autograph :cool1:

I told her my kids :lovestruc her and that is all they watch in the hotel room. She said "I'm sorry" :rotfl: I said why??? it's great they love you and it;s part of their magical experience!! She repied "I make a great babysitter) :rotfl2:

She was very nice! I like her, but I agree I prefer the old Stacey show!

I don't know who Kryssa is:confused3

YAY! An article about Stacy! :love: love her or :mad: hate her, shes what i want to turn on as soon as i get to POFQ!!!! :wizard:

We love Stacey. My went to Disney for the very first time about three years ago and she is part of our fond memories of our first magical trip to Disney. We like the "top 7" better than the current one but we always look forward to watching stacey.

We love Stacey. We like the old show better than this new one though. I discovered that Stacey took the Segway tour right after me one time and I probably got a glimpse of her as we headed out on our tour. I emailed her to confirm it and she wrote back quickly. She was very polite and we exchanged several letters. She said it was great doing the Disney thing and she hopes it continues.

In case anyone did not know she was a professional roller skate dancer before. And recently she entertains the crown during half time at Laker games in LA. She is also in a couple of christian based movies too. She really is a great gal.

I just realized I may not ever see her again. Unless that channel plays thru the Fort Wilderness cable system. We bought a camper and will be camping from now on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter