Article about my Dad's death in the Orlando Sentinel

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by DisneyKevin, Jan 30, 2010.

1. PEANUT1

PEANUT1 You can Fly!

This is so horrible..now you are suffering all over again..I am so sorry.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. hideeh

hideeh DIS Veteran

Kevin I don't know what to say other than I am sorry. :hug:

4. calypso*a*go-go

calypso*a*go-go <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Bottomline -- Had Lanier not been behind the wheel, Mr. Klose would still be alive. Lanier is directly responsible for someone's death and should be held accountable. I am *disgusted* with the decision of the State Attorney's Office.

5. FireDancer

FireDancer DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing something so personal. I find the rationale in the article perplexing. Anyone would be laughed out of court if their defense for driving drunk was that they were a safe and able drunk driver. Even if that was 100% true and they were able to drive an obstacle course drunk they should and would still be charged. DUI means driving under the influence, it doesn't mean driving poorly under the influence. Add to all of that a death then there is no way it should not be considered manslaughter while driving under the influence.

This kind of thing saddens and worries me. I spend a lot of time on the roads running and cycling and you always do all you can to make sure you are seen and out of harms way. Someone driving under the influence of anything, especially something that is illegal to have in the first place, is not going to be as able to avoid anyone as the same driver would sober.

I'm sorry that the tragic death of your father has to be compounded by the tragic stupidity of the prosecution.

6. WebmasterPete

WebmasterPete Grand Administrator Administrator

7. Southrnbelle

Southrnbelle Yeah, I'm a Disney Geek!

Kevin,

I am so sorry to hear of this incredibly bad developement. I hope this is only a turn in the road, not the end of it. I will be praying for you and your family.

Denise

8. Mouse Skywalker

Mouse Skywalker <font color=green>The Force is strong with this Po

I'm so, so sorry Kevin. I'm also sorry you and your Mother have to deal with this injustice.

9. DisneyDeeva

DisneyDeeva DIS Veteran

10. Mrs D

Mrs D <font color=red>I realize most people don't hear e

Wow, it is so hard to lose a parent but I can't imagine how difficult these circumstances make it. I'm sorry that you are being robbed of justice. I pray that you & your family find closure in some other form.
    My heart goes out to you.
    Dawn

11. chaoscent

chaoscent <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ Moderator

Kevin - It's bad enough to lose your Dad (I know that from personal experience), but it has to be worse to have the person that killed him set free and not have to pay for what he did. I will keep you and your mom in my prayers. Penny:grouphug:

12. disneydad78

disneydad78 <font color=red>DDC #106<br><font color=purple>Mor

OMG im so sorry Kevin ,,That is just crazy...

13. WebmasterKathy

WebmasterKathy Administrator Administrator

Unbelievable. :headache:

14. CinderellasSister

CinderellasSister DIS Veteran

How outrageous! Florida law is just unbelievable! Kevin, I'm so sorry. I'll continue to keep you and your family in my prayers.

15. Disney MAINEiac

Disney MAINEiac DIS Veteran

I recommend a wrongful death civil suit....they won't go to jail but they may wish they did. there's also much less of a burden of proof than a criminal trial

16. connie1042

connie1042 DIS Veteran

That's just plain wrong!!! It seems the victims are blamed more often then the criminals. Just WRONG!

17. insureman

insureman DIS Veteran

Sorry Kevin. The loss of parent even when we are adults sucks . It compounds the grief and frustration when the law drops the ball.

Quote "The trouble with the laws these days is that criminals know their rights better than their wrongs." ~Author Unknown

18. JVL1018

JVL1018 Guest

Ridiculous! I'm so sorry, Kevin, that really sucks.:sad1:

19. rlduvall

rlduvall DIS Veteran

I never knew the entire circumstances regarding your father's passing. :hug: I too lost my father in 2009 at the age of 69 [after losing my mother in 2007 at age 65]. Then in October of 2009 my brother, my only sibling, committed suicide . While I have experienced much tragedy, I still cannot imagine my loved one being killed in this manner and the driver not being held at least partially responsible. :sad1:

20. Grumpy's Old Lady

Grumpy's Old Lady Bless the seven little men who have been so kind t

The article is from July 1985 and states Eagan was 59 years old and has been state attorney for 16 years. This is 2010 and he is still Asst. States Attorney! They should have a term limit - this Eagan guy is 84 years old? He should not still be in that position and he is corrupt - it's nuts!

Kevin I am so sorry that this has happened. The man should be charged and definitely should not have a driver's license! I will write and complain too. I hope someone listens to our complaints.

21. Kimberle

Kimberle WL Vet

I am at a complete loss for words..... unbelievable.....

:grouphug: