Art Smith opening new restaurant in Disney Springs - good news!

amg35

DIS Veteran
http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/chef...chen-and-southern-shine-at-disney-springs.htm

I have to tell you, I am really excited to try all these new places in Disney Springs when we come back in 2017!

I know people complain about the quality of food at WDW, but I just didn't have the same experience. The most lacking in food was Magic Kingdom - but eating at Columbia Harbor House was good and the Be Our Guest was good for lunch - but hopefully the new Jungle Cruise restaurant will be a great addition! AK and Epcot were fantastic for counter service in our opinion.

But I will say all these new restaurants opening are really giving us some great options for dining.

I know it's going to be an even more expensive trip now, :sad2:, but I am looking forward to the new things in 2017 and beyond.

Another restaurant to try and fit in when I finally get back down there! Loving the variety that they are adding to Disney Springs. Glad I usually stay at POFQ so I have boat access lol

YUM! I love Art Smith, and the concept sounds delicious! Not much in the way of that cuisine that I can get here in the frozen tundra!

While the menu sounds interesting I wish they would stop using farm raised fish and any fish or seafood farmed from fisheries. Studies have proven that farm raised or fishery raised fish & seafood is toxic in many cases. If it isn't fresh caught in the wild or otherwise caught in the wild I won't be buying it as much as I love some fish & seafood. Sustainable & /or locally sourced doesn't necessarily mean good for you.

While the menu sounds interesting I wish they would stop using farm raised fish and any fish or seafood farmed from fisheries. Studies have proven that farm raised or fishery raised fish & seafood is toxic in many cases. If it isn't fresh caught in the wild or otherwise caught in the wild I won't be buying it as much as I love some fish & seafood. Sustainable & /or locally sourced doesn't necessarily mean good for you.
Wild caught is often unsustainable when you're talking about the volume required for restaurants.

Quality of Disney Springs may be influenced by the non-Disney ownership and the lack of associated homogenization that has occurred as a result of DDP.

What makes the farm raised fish toxic? Is it in what they feed them or how the water is treated?

What makes the farm raised fish toxic? Is it in what they feed them or how the water is treated?
It can be a combo of a number of different things. Food, waste from the other fish in the tank with them, chemicals used in their feed or the water, overcrowding etc. While they may not necessarily be "toxic" many are very unhealthy to eat or have a cumulative negative effect over time. One of the worst is supposed to be Tilapia but it's one of the staples on many restaurant menus everywhere.

It can be a combo of a number of different things. Food, waste from the other fish in the tank with them, chemicals used in their feed or the water, overcrowding etc. While they may not necessarily be "toxic" many are very unhealthy to eat or have a cumulative negative effect over time. One of the worst is supposed to be Tilapia but it's one of the staples on many restaurant menus everywhere.

Ok just wondering. I don't like fish anyway....fish are friends not food! :)

Reactions: Cee
Can't wait for the shrimp and grits! Only thing we ever go off property for. The one at the sci fi breakfast were amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter