Art of Theme Ship Tour

Feisty Fairy

DIS Veteran
Was reading a recent navigator and it mentioned pre-booking the Art of Theme Ship Tour before you could just walk up a few minutes before it started at the Palo, is this no longer the case?

We were on the Wonder the first of April and just showed up at Palo at the time listed in the Navigator.

Technically you are supposed to make reservations and have tickets. But I've never seen them turn away people showing up for reserved event like the tours or tastings.

Did this tour twice (2011 and 2012) and didn't need tickets. Be warned that it is a lot of walking but it's very informative. I learned lots of neat information about the details that went into designing the ships, it's definately worth doing

We just did this tour last week and we didn't need tickets. It was a last-minute decision (we literally decided about 5 minutes before the tour was to start) and we were the only people for the tour.

We've done this on each of our three cruises. Just walked up to Palo and joined in. It's enjoyable! We've learned something different each time, even though two of our cruises were on the same ship!

From what I've seen the Magic and Wonder don't require tickets whereas they have tickets for it on the Fantasy and Dream.

How do I get a ticket?

You just go to guest services and tell them you want to do the tour!
We did it this last November w/ Caitlyn on the Fantasy and she made it so much fun and had SO many interesting facts.
Keep in mind, this tour is for 18+, or at least it was last year on our sailing.
They meet in Meridian and go all over the ship, but it was really, really interesting and I will definitely be doing it again on the Fantasy in October :-)

On last weeks fantasy tickets were required. You were able to pick them up in advance at guest services. I am not sure if you showed up without a ticket that you would be turned away though, unlike at several of the wine tastings that were sold out and had the exact number of glasses prepared for the number of ticketed participants. There were at least 20 people on our tour and we met at Meridian.

Honestly I was underwhelmed. Our tour at least seemed like and extended informercial for the adult lounges.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter